Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
A hands on Dad he is ...makes up so adoringly for the time he is away from his loved ones...the genuineness of the guy is so obvious in the way he interacts with every one in whatever little he speaks. The patriarch speaking more to the little ones than grown ups speaks tomes of the way they have brought laughter and sunshine to his life. He surely has transcended all barriers and dons the hat of a grandparent with such ease and grace. An almost 80 Ranjan walking down to fetch a toy every time is so adoring. II getting her respite when she is in Paris...
Sahana seems so adorable with her antics.
SushSathisha thumbnail
I am loving Foochar parts so much 
Nivi and r&b are like so cute..
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
To be on the side & on the fence

Amma informed Akka about II's ceremony on March 6th Sunday.
The conversation started as follows:

"How is MIL kanna?"

"Ayyo dont ask ma.." Akka sighed

"What happened?" Amma's heart skipped a beat

"She read in Kalaimagal ( a Tamil Periodical) that there is a temple 90 kms South of Tanjore, where wishes for good health come true"

"Teriyum dee" Amma was cynical

"You know?" Akka was startled

"Vandu remember, Patti used to keep saying we must take Periappa there?" Amma reminded

"Oh ya... Thiruvudaimadrudur??" Akka asked

"I know" Amma sighed dismissively

"Amma she wants to go there, its not even March yet, its so cold here, trains are probably full,
leave ey ille enakku (I have no time off). Bala is also on my side" Akka said smugly smiling

Amma couldnt help but smile also, she relaxed a bit

"Thats good, illenna, ellungrathukku minnale ennaya nikkara case adu"
(translated literally it means "turning into sesame oil even before someone utters the word sesame"
Sesame oil is apparently one of the toughest ones to churn out of the seed)

"Not any more Ma" Akka bristled

"As long as he supports you Appa and I dont wnat anything

"They are my in laws Ma I cant abandon them" Akka was hurt
"VANDU!! I didnt ask u to abandon them. Thats Ambala Anna's job" Amma shot back sarcastically

"There is one such person in every family Ma"  "Both chithapas in ours, and umm... ummm.. Ishita's... ummm" Akka dragged her feet

"I know chachaji, Harish?" Amma offered

If Akka was going to say Manya and R&B Amma didnt get the drift...

"Vandu... dont get excited I am not blaming ur in laws, I am speaking from the angle of being the mother of a girl" Amma was losing her cool

"Amma I feel you think this family is not "right" for me sometimes" Akka supplied, with deep unresolved issues

"Enna dee, olarare!! (stop blabbering)" Amma warned "WE found Bala for you remember?" Amma was on a short leash

"I just think Appa and you feel " Akka mumbled

"I am sorry Vandu I am not in a mood to feed your paranoia" Amma said casually

"Bala refused to book train tickets, she said "Enna maathram ethi vidreya plane la? (will u put me on a plane?),
she has a bigg family no, some one will receive her she said" Akka was bitching

"Who will pay the charges" Amma thought she was being supportive to her daughter

"MONEY is not the question Amma", Akka bristled again..."Ive gone back to work, we dont have a nanny or two drivers" she mumbled

"But still she has barely recovered from the hospital stay no?" Amma quickly became diplomatic,

"I knowww... we just told her, she cant go now... Vaishnavi wants to come over for two weeks, her landlord wants to raise the rent,
the other girl is getting married, she herself cant afford a two bedroom" Akka explained

"Ask her to work from home and watch the baby for 2 weeks" Amma said smugly

"Uhhh... umm..." it hadnt occured to Akka at all, Ammas are indeed wily creatures... I tell you,

"Are u listening?"

"Yes ma... adu nalla idea" Akka gushed

"You guys do so much for his family, that kid is in the care of old people" Amma sighed

"What to do ma" Akka was irritable

"Seri... the reason I called you was to tell you Ishita's seemandham" Amma contemplated as she sat on the fence about whether to tell her daughter tonight

"Oh really?  I will come by a week before, and u are watching Shubhang and I will go to work and take naps" Akka gushed excitedly

Amma laughed

"Appa is thinking to book Malai Mandir on March 6th" Amma said

"Which hall?" Akka asked enthusiastically

"Dont know, he will speak to Gurumoorthy Mama tonight" Amma explained

"The weather is good, its only March no, we can even do it in the terrace no?" Akka asked

"Umm... I dont know if we can fit them all" Amma said

"Who?" Akka asked

"They have so many people" Amma said

"Enna ma... my whole in laws family, the extended family Vedic samaj people ur teachers they all fitted in no?" Akka asked

"Umm... yeah... uhh... umm.. but" Amma squirmed

"We did for Shubhang's naming ceremony also no?" Akka offered

"Appa was saying, lets ask the temple first" Amma blurted, and shut her eyes cringing

"Apdiya?" (Oh really?") Akka asked stunned...

NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Dude is such an adorable dad
The standards for men to be good husband's has been raised by another feet/level.
I absolutely love how II keeps the kids with their feet planted on the ground.
And Mavvy's presence makes it a whole lot more enjoyable and loving 😳 
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Akka's frustration over how things are messed up for her and how life seems simpler and easy for II have shut her practical thoughts out.
Now she only sees a lot of competitive analysis.
Well I hope it doesn't reach beyond a point of anger and blaming somebody else's easy life for not having her own life easy 
Like she said 
Every family has their own issues.
And II isn't the reason why akka is suffering
Neither did they save up and did a easier ceremony for akka so they can spend on II.
Hence she must step aside from that glare of negativity and see that's right behind the blinding glare is her sister's happy life which Vandu herself made possible
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Namratha

Life usually demands the greatest sacrifice from the most unassuming and kind ones

Akka is caring and protective and loving. She is equally selfless like II
But her needs are more so sometimes she looks the other way when II supplies it

But like Mrs Hughes in Dowton Abbey would say "We cant get to our end without a few heart breaks"

Its true for every one of us

Show me one person who has had everything in life happen to them as they had wanted

Just one...
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Akka, Akka she is same kutti sister of yours for whom you went to R&B's office to ask if he would marry her.
She is the same kutti sister of yours for whom you ran around in pregnant stage. That to not an easy one.
And now same sister is pregnant. She just skipped visiting once when promised and that has hurt you so much that in process you are hurting her.
Please Akka don't punish your own for no fault of her. Now whom will II go to when she is hurt by Dude. She could confide only in you.  
But when you come to think of it this is the way real relations shape up. Equations change like hell post marriage. GIrls mould in like their in laws family. Akka is influenced by Athim now totally. 

PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
NIsha, just asking ek R&B and II ka current wala milega kya?
Did R&B try to mano his biwi? Agge kya hua.

moonwearer thumbnail

TENTATIVE

Anger is a sudden gush of blood

Clouds the eye and reason

Goaded prodded nudged and pushed

To the surface it does rush

Seldom in such rush of blood

Our thoughts and words go off tangent

Sudden rush of love for some a protective hat we don

Suddenly we spurn others spewing malice and scorn

Every word and actions we read as slight

Every pause and in silence we fight

When anger clouds our sense of reason we mock others for every reason

We defend what we claim as ours and insult those we see as others

We pride and fancy strange glories and taunt and insult where we thanked for small mercies

Rude and snide remarks me make selfishly for ourselves treats we make

All occasions we percieve with lens whats in it for me to take

When anger houses in our heart we seek every reason for pot shots.

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Hmm akka is not totally wrong...
She is just jealous of II and in a good way
She loves her darling sister very much
But sircumstances has made her to do comparisons

It will take time and I m sure she will start to enjoy
The situation rather making it worst!!
At least hope so..