SW Symphony 62 -- Faith & Faux Fur - Page 102

Posted: 8 years ago
I have an interesting anecdote to share reg the purple sugarcane .
I had just turned 15 a month bk then and it was pongal time and I had still not got my chums and all the other girls had got their periods and would be talking abt it. So after a point of time when I was the only one left in the class, a late bloomer of sorts, it started worrying me when I did not get included in their conversations.
Was too shy to go and ask my mom about it. So was chewing over it for a bit.
There was this girl my last bench mate( I always preferred being a last bencher) whose father owned white sugarcane fields. She said she is going to stay off sugarcanes that pongal.
Naturally I asked her why?
So she mulled over it and said so I stay clear and said you won't understand.
I was behind her to tell me why I wouldn't understand and end she said its because you will get your periods silly.
I said what nonsense 😆 . Next day she comes and gives me a bag with white sugarcanes from her field, cut in arm's length pieces. I said we will be buying purple ones at home,
And she told me try this and that white ones have more heat than purple ones and that I will eat my words of what nonsense.

So I went home and made my paati cut small pieces of it as my Amma was taking care of my brother
Who was admitted in hospital coz of jaundice.
Believe it or not gals, got my periods the same evening and waited till 9:30 in the night for Amma to come bk home to tell her about it.
So Amma as she had to be at the hospital that wk thought I would be better off at home to manage my first chums and did not send me to school that wk.
So next Monday I go to school And this girl wagged her fingers at me with the all knowing I told u so look and I laughed and scooted off.

Crazy crazy days it was ( and thanks Nisha for the mention of purple sugarcanes, I just shared this with my daughter and she's like really ma!!)

Life is full of twists and turns
Sometimes pleasant sometimes scary
A year of marriage has its highs and lows
Fast paced at times and sometimes slow
Some inch closer every minute by their warmth and care
Some meander away and from a distance stare
Some express changed stances loud and clear
Some imply and suggest and insinuate and dare
We miss the warmth and gay abandon
Of times gone by and moments shared
A sister distancing herself by choice
Reading meaning and slight for every reason and rhyme
A friend that was privy to her worst fears and hopes
Drifted apart as the corporate ladder he scaled
A home bereft of a listening ear and an objective heart
A critical mean Manny censuring every word and breath
A dad who dotes on her and speaks his mind
Defending every tirade and slight
A zealous lover claiming her form and truths and lies
Guarding her as his and in every antic of hers delights
A lass that delights in the attention and sulks and hurts
In real fights and projections on an over active mind
He is sure he wants all of her and aspects of her in all she will bear
She adores him to the core and claims all that is special of him as hers alone
The twists and turns they face and create 
Make  life exciting special and magical
To them and those that adore them.

Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago
Soojan & Pos-pickle

She rocked a moaning Sahana, as the oozing blob of fat tried to find a spot on II's neck to suck on, a lock of hair glued to her right ear

the twins hid behind her at the the same time, pushing and rocking her on her feet

"SID & VED" "Mavvyyy "Mavvvyyy Bhayya" she screamed

Mahavir ran into the kitchen startled

He had glue all over his hands, Ranjan and Nivi were working on a slate rock formation for the giant fish tank in the lounge
It looked more like a life size aquarium with the most exotic fishes

Grandpa and grand daughter sat on a giant plastic sheet spread on the Italian rug, gluing slim pieces of slate together to make an art formation for the tank

the boys slid on the sheet like it was  backyard  slip and slide, the tarp was kind of slippery
Sahana had bonked her head twice  trying to mimic her brothers, and the glue gun had gone off near her head, gluing a lock of hair to her ear

The hot oozing glue, and the stuck hair didnt make her feel any better, she was already coming down with a cold

the last week in Paris was too fun, in Corsica, the baby had been in water the whole time, at the beach, in fact crying in her loudest most obnoxious voice when it was time to go in
II had walked away from father and daughters as the blob of fat wiggled and spazzed in her Daddee's arms

Ii was in the middle of laundry and unpacking, Nivi wanted tow ork on her aquarium art

Ranjan had taken the day off, and in the process lost one of his glasses the boys had run over chasing each other with light savers

"Please dono ko bahar nikalenge ghar se?"

II had a Nanny, she had a nanny since Nivi was born, at times two, but tried to do everything on her own, the nannies werent "24*7 90% parent in disguise" women
But the nannies were basically women like Selvi that came and went

The current one was Suzie, Mavvy addressed her as "sooji"
mavvy was married and had two kids of his own and took a lot of time off to go to "gaon"
they were blessed, they had three others...

"Hum to Sir ki madad karey hain" he mumbled

II felt bad for the poor soul
He was afraid of the twins and yet he got to manage them all the time

"Bhayya isko pakdenge?" II begged

sahana gave Mavvy a dirty look😆

"Mavvy da... please kanna... go raja" Ii begged weary

Sahana clung like sticky wrap

"Nariyal ke tel se niklegaa?" Mavvy asked looking at Sahana's ear, and felt it

sahana screamed blue murder...

"shhh shhh shhh its OK" II cooed, rocking her "Kaan kaatna padega shaayad"🤣

"Irukku dee onakku, kaada cut panna solren" (They will chop ur ear)

Sahana was too intuitive she got that,she cried aloud...

"II" R&B scolded, grabbing her

""To hum chale jaayen? Sir ki madad karne?" Mavvy asked innocently😳

"Aaap jao"

"Our help is too afraid of the kids, soojan takes time off at the drop of a hat" She looked at R&B accusingly

Sahana lay on her Daddee's shoulder, sucking on his ear plug cord, happy and calmed down for a bit

She turned sides and lay on the glued ear, and screamed

"How can u let her go to the lounge" he asked firmly

"Enna velayadreya?" II was angry "Do I have the power to LET anything happen in this house?"

Ved shot arrow on Sid's butt, it hit him hard, he pushed the dining table chair

Ranjan came rushing

"Ki hoya gudiya"

"Dad can u let Mavvy help Nivi and  throw the boys in the dungeon?" she begged

"aaaja mere sher" he called proudly

They shot him with arrows...

"What happened?" R&B asked

II shook her head

"Is Appa OK?" he asked

II nodded

"Umm" she waited for Ranjan to go

sahana slowly dozed on his shoulder...

"what are the building?" R&B asked

ADA PAAVI
U DONT KNOW?
THEYVE BEEN AT IT FOR FIVE HOURS NOW
RAKSHASANEY

II looked at him in shock

"Kaise rehte ho tum aise, bina kisi cheez ki fiqr ke?" she asked angrily

Ranjan pulled popsicles (frozen fruit sherbets) out of the frig and showed II for
permission, as the boys thundered "Pos-pickul" "Pos-pickle"

II nodded

"main bhi?" he asked

"Sugar free sabse neeche hai Dad" she said

"I shud give sugar free to the monsters and sugar u up" she chuckled laughing cynically

Sid's chipped and fell off on an edge, "U boke (for "broke") mine, I dont mont (for "Want") it" he declared with a cute fat face

"Raje dadu ka le le" Ranjan offered

Sid licked it and made a horrified face "thatha's pos-pickle is ewww"

Ranjan steered them to the back yard, limping, his foot was asleep

with no glasses on her looked weaker and older than 74 years..
He sat on the expensive rattan furniture

and yawned

He was unable to go as far he did when Nivi was a baby, his enthusiasm  was undiminished but his  energy was all but gone

"Nandu took Shravu on a night out, and they got in trouble for drunk driving" II was devastated😭

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Errantnomad

I have an interesting anecdote to share reg the purple sugarcane .
I had just turned 15 a month bk then and it was pongal time and I had still not got my chums and all the other girls had got their periods and would be talking abt it. So after a point of time when I was the only one left in the class, a late bloomer of sorts, it started worrying me when I did not get included in their conversations.
Was too shy to go and ask my mom about it. So was chewing over it for a bit.
There was this girl my last bench mate( I always preferred being a last bencher) whose father owned white sugarcane fields. She said she is going to stay off sugarcanes that pongal.
Naturally I asked her why?
So she mulled over it and said so I stay clear and said you won't understand.
I was behind her to tell me why I wouldn't understand and end she said its because you will get your periods silly.
I said what nonsense 😆 . Next day she comes and gives me a bag with white sugarcanes from her field, cut in arm's length pieces. I said we will be buying purple ones at home,
And she told me try this and that white ones have more heat than purple ones and that I will eat my words of what nonsense.

So I went home and made my paati cut small pieces of it as my Amma was taking care of my brother
Who was admitted in hospital coz of jaundice.
Believe it or not gals, got my periods the same evening and waited till 9:30 in the night for Amma to come bk home to tell her about it.
So Amma as she had to be at the hospital that wk thought I would be better off at home to manage my first chums and did not send me to school that wk.
So next Monday I go to school And this girl wagged her fingers at me with the all knowing I told u so look and I laughed and scooted off.

Crazy crazy days it was ( and thanks Nisha for the mention of purple sugarcanes, I just shared this with my daughter and she's like really ma!!)

THAT is the CUTEST story... EVER👏

What a strange coincidence😲
Lovely updates Nisha!!!  
Loved seeing Ranjan tell Manny off!!!  

I am a little surprised that Bally thinks that it will be back to life as usual after II gives birth.   Does anyone go back to the same person they were before kids?  Additionally she has a husband who doesn't live full time in India and it is not like her FIL is a retired person sitting at home who can help with the new baby...🤔

Loved the future update...Sahana is a really fire ball!!!  Schoo cute!!!  Sid and Ved are too cute.  R&B out of the loop...oh oh...😆

Mavvy-did he marry Sofia or someone else???  

Ranjan--you are just so sweet a Thatha!!!!  🤗

Happy Pongal and Lohri to everyone!
Nisha, can I request for update where ii informs r&b about her second pregnancy. Starting from where you had left showing how desperate ii was to conceive and dude assuring her that they will. I'm sit doc once he is back.
Drunk and driving, there's again a case of hit and run and this time the person hit is a corporal practicing for R-day and it was even recorded on the cameras. the clips of them practicing and a speeding Audi hit him and sped away. The alleged guy is a Mla's son.

Sorry for being so demanding and that without actually thanking you for such a beautiful update.
For r&b might be go difficult to stay away from his kids.
Ii getting help from all directions to manage her monster babies each adorable as can be...water and glue and all things nice to goof around ...operation school project with everyone pitching their bit is so typical...the mazhalai pechu of the twins adorable to the core.such a lovely update.