Siya Ke Ram

Need to let go, need to trust, need to show - Vasisth to Dasrath

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Yesterday the convo between Vashist and Dasrath was really good. Where the Rajguru advised the king to let go of both the princes to protect the Praja.
There were two things vashisht wanted to achieve through this ( We have seen this in Janak when he sends his daughters searching for the cow). First for the princes to feel the confidence in their abilities and second to learn from the experience.
Ram is the crown Prince of Ayodhya and Lakshman for all practical purposes is going to be his right hand. And as a king he will be facing multiple threats. Even if he has to direct people to cope with the threat, he first should have the first hand experience of dealing with the threat. How he has nullified the threat.
Because to be in the throne you need lot of experience and life lessons. And when they are crown princes mistakes will be approved. No one will judge them, the way a king is judged. So when such an opportunity is there, they should be allowed to try, allowed to make mistakes, allowed to fail and then learn. So that when they become king and when they are judged through microscopic prism, they wont face harsh criticism.

It is the same with us. When we are students, when we are trainees how many of us take up things that are beyond our area of control. Very few dare to do so. Because of fear of failure. But the fact is that if we do that at that time, when the time comes to take charge of the situation we will not be groping in dark. The experience, the struggle we faced during our student days and trainee days come in handy when the life's hard choices stare at us.
Because in that struggle unknowingly we learn so many things. I still remember being a coordinator for science congress in my school, still remember managing an event in office, was part of the planning committee of college tour, have coordinated various CSR events in office. Though it was tough juggling all these things ensuring your academic or office work doesn't get affected, it helped me a lot in handling a lot of personal issues.

So we have to take up ownership, take up oppourtunities and prove ourselves. Ram-Lakhan wanted to go. And Vasisth ensured Dasrath gave them the oppourtunity. Sometimes we have to stand up and ask.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
lovely post
yup there Janak is much wise from this view he let his daughters go n face the situation n has the confidence 
but Dasarath more is protective n always want to make his son stay under his cocoon he may have the confidence but fear more so some where the confidence swinging 
where Rishi Vashistha know n wise way want his student face the challenge if they fail then it will be exp n if they got success then it will be  more grt
there is nothing to loose..its all about a process learning process which Dasarath don't want to see or fail to see...
being parents can be protective worried for their child's safety but how long a parents will make their child stay under their wings or cocoon...the child will be next man or woman who have to come out from this safe shelter n y not make experience n see the situation n face it...

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: I am going to make my first line standard for your post hereafter. " Thoughtful pick of the topic for discussion".
Its sometime true, that our teacher knows us better than our parents. Yes, here Guru rightly pointed out King Dhasarath to allow Ram and lakshman to go. CVs showed the difference between King Dhasarath and Janak, not only in their way of upbringing children but also their attachment level to them.
We use to say that no tree grows under banyan tree. It gives shelter for birds, shadow for humans,its roots are widespread and it is also the reason for rains. Though it has all good needs, it doesnt allow other trees to grow under its belt. Here dhasarath was good towards his sons and prajas, but the hesitance of sending sons due to affection was the problem. This was overturned by the guru. That is why guru is one step ahead of father.

shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya actually the responsibility to take up opportunity lies with the youngsters also. Here Ram and Lakhan came asking for the oppourtunity, that made Vashist side with them. Especially in the case  of Dasrath like parents it becomes imperative for youngsters to force that oppourtunity because such parents don't give the child oppourtunity to explore.
I know many parents who will not even allow the child to go for a school tour. In my family since I had gone for all school, college and office tours I have ensured that none of my aunties-uncles deny that right to my cousins( I am the eldest). They will go. If any cousin feels their parents wont allow them , they immediately ring me up telling me to talk to their parents. I have spoken to my aunties - uncles, have also told cousins about precautions. In most cases it is the first time fear. Once they allow and when the child comes back safe next time hesitation wont be there.

But you know there is a different set of parents. Who wants to take their kids everywhere and show off. Even if the kids doesn't want it. Sometimes I feel sorry for the young kids in the reality shows. Some might be enjoying it. Good for them. But many I feel are there because the parents want them to be and have kept lots of expectations. The child breaks under such expectation.

So we have to observe the child, its talents and the appropriate time for exposure. Both over and under are bad.
deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Krishna_Sourav

lovely post

yup there Janak is much wise from this view he let his daughters go n face the situation n has the confidence 
but Dasarath more is protective n always want to make his son stay under his cocoon he may have the confidence but fear more so some where the confidence swinging 
where Rishi Vashistha know n wise way want his student face the challenge if they fail then it will be exp n if they got success then it will be  more grt
there is nothing to loose..its all about a process learning process which Dasarath don't want to see or fail to see...
being parents can be protective worried for their child's safety but how long a parents will make their child stay under their wings or cocoon...the child will be next man or woman who have to come out from this safe shelter n y not make experience n see the situation n face it...

King Dashrath was not a coward to keep his sons under his shadow but he was worried about the shrap he had got from sage Shravan Kumar's father that he will not have his son near him during his death. Though he was not worried for his death, he was worried for his sons life thinking what if the same thing happens to his sons also like Shravan was dead before his father. So he can't think in those lines and that is one reason he was trying to postpone the separation. If we remember, he was not happy with Bhatath's departure to his grandfather's state as well. he believes in the sharp given by sages will come true and that is the fearing factor for him.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Jaya Vashist has assured Dasrath of Ram's long life.😃. There was a scene in which Vasisht tells Ram have a long life.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Yes, I agree that the youngsters has to grasp the opportunity. Here Ram and Lakshman are princess and became essential for them to go and save the prajas.
So you are the "phone a friend in need 24/7" right 😉. I missed knowing u during my student life. 😆

The effort of doing something should be from both the ends i.e parents and children. Parents should not impose their interest on children and at the same time childrens' interest should be taken into account by parents.

I know a student in B.Tech Bioinfo who had arrears in almost all papers related to biology. When he was asked about it, he told he has no interest in the course and he was forcefully joined by his father. It is a waste of money, time not only for the parents, children even for teachers. So its better the parents know the interest of their children and take them in their line or make them understand the drawbacks of it if the chosen line was not good.

KrishnaSourav thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: deejagi

King Dashrath was not a coward to keep his sons under his shadow but he was worried about the shrap he had got from sage Shravan Kumar's father that he will not have his son near him during his death. Though he was not worried for his death, he was worried for his sons life thinking what if the same thing happens to his sons also like Shravan was dead before his father. So he can't think in those lines and that is one reason he was trying to postpone the separation. If we remember, he was not happy with Bhatath's departure to his grandfather's state as well. he believes in the sharp given by sages will come true and that is the fearing factor for him.

Who said I have never mentioned Dasarath as with thta I said he is protective more worried more..more brave king or father become worried for his child as child is something its not about valor or anything ... 
We generally never fear for our own death or anything but we more fear about our near ones safety sply if its own child...
Edited by Krishna_Sourav - 8 years ago
deejagi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Shruthi: I am going to make my first line standard for your post hereafter. " Thoughtful pick of the topic for discussion".
Its sometime true, that our teacher knows us better than our parents. Yes, here Guru rightly pointed out King Dhasarath to allow Ram and lakshman to go. CVs showed the difference between King Dhasarath and Janak, not only in their way of upbringing children but also their attachment level to them.
We use to say that no tree grows under banyan tree. It gives shelter for birds, shadow for humans,its roots are widespread and it is also the reason for rains. Though it has all good needs, it doesnt allow other trees to grow under its belt. Here dhasarath was good towards his sons and prajas, but the hesitance of sending sons due to affection was the problem. This was overturned by the guru. That is why guru is one step ahead of father.

Yes it is true that our teachers are better tuned to our capabilities than the parents for a simple reason, we spend most of our awaken time with the teacher than our parents and the parent is always assured of the betterment of their wards in the hands of an able teacher. Though I appreciate King Janak for allowing his children to be independent, there is certain age for everything. Sending less than 8 year old children in to the wild forest is not very wise even with some soldiers following them at distance. The kids did follow some golden deer and what if that deer was a wild animal? And king Janak was leading a detached life while king Dashrath led a attached life. So there will be some differences and we can't compare two individuals from different backgrounds.

And about the banyan tree, yes it doesn't allow other trees to grow under its belt, its branches also get into the soil and grow roots and those roots are entangled together and that is why it is difficult to eradicate a banyan tree. Yes it is true that there is proverb in Kannada " appa haakida aalada mara antha nenu hakollakkagalla" it means just because the banyan tree was planted by father, one need not have to hang himself to it, means no need to stick to the same philosophy. But one can utilize the tree to build a house, boat, many more things without harming the tree as its base is strong with the roots of many more branches.
Edited by deejagi - 8 years ago
deejagi thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Jaya Vashist has assured Dasrath of Ram's long life.😃. There was a scene in which Vasisht tells Ram have a long life.

But Shruthi, the fear is so rooted into his conscious that even if he wants he can't remove it an dthat is why he keeps getting those nightmares. So no amount of blessings for Ram will reduce his fears induced by the shrap.😊