Posted: 8 years ago
Hello Minions!

This is your first thread and I wish you all the very best. If you have any questions whatsoever, contact Annie, Yuvika or I. We are always here, ready to help.

Trisha (-Trishh-)'s birthday is on January 23rd. We need to finish the ENTIRE THREAD by December 31st. 

This is some information about her.

NameTrisha

Birth Date: January 23rd

Close Friends on IF-mina- , ||QueenMinion|| , SaaraDON , deefan , -Tia-

Favorite Shows: Kumkum Bhagya(Abhi-Pragya), Pavitra Rishta (Manav-Archana)

Here is how things are going to work. 

Finalize a Theme. 
(Approval needed by our Lead, Yuvika)

Work on the writeup. It needs to be entertaining, and witty.
(Discussions need to happen on the prep thread so other members can help out, if needed.)

The volunteer needs to colorcode the writeup when they post their final draft, and add the graphics if they are finished..

Final edit is done by the captains, and approved by Yuvi.

Now:
SUGGEST THEMES AND COLORCODES

Edited by .Username. - 8 years ago

Work Division

Main (2): Mally + Java
(1st Post - x)

Birthday Message (1): Rosh
(2nd Post - x and x)

Graphics (1):  Krishna

ColorCode/ Title Collector : Ana
(Collect the colorcodes and titles posted throughout the thread in a single post for voting)

DUE DATES

Write up Due : December 27th
Graphics to be received on : December 27th

IMPORTANT FOR THOSE WHO ARE GOING TO DO THE WRITE UP.

1. Choose a point of view

Point of view is the narration of the story from the perspective of first, second, or third person. As a writer, you need to determine who is going to tell the story and how much information is available for the narrator to reveal in the short story. The narrator can be directly involved in the action subjectively, or the narrator might only report the action objectively.

• First Person. The story is told from the view of "I." The narrator is either the protagonist (main character) and directly affected by unfolding events, or the narrator is a secondary character telling the story revolving around the protagonist. This is a good choice for beginning writers because it is the easiest to write.
  • Second Person. The story is told directly to "you", with the reader as a participant in the action.
  • Third Person. The story tells what "he", "she," or "it" does. The third-person narrator's perspective can be limited (telling the story from one character's viewpoint) or omniscient (where the narrator knows everything about all of the characters).

2. Write a catchy first paragraph

The first sentence of your narrative should catch your reader's attention with the unusual, the unexpected, an action, or a conflict. Begin with tension and immediacy. Remember that short stories need to start close to their end. Example:

• "Sometimes I feel like I'm an illiterate!" A very irritated and frustrated Aditi said while shutting her laptop. Her worst nightmare, the writer's block, seemed to be visiting her frequently these days. She had just finished a rather gruelling battle with the block for a couple of hours; but as usual, she had to give up.  On the opposite side, empty boxes of Chinese fried rice littered her dining table.
  • Watson rushed over to Sherlock who was peacefully relishing his cigar while reading the newspaper in his armchair. Much to Watson's surprise, Sherlock still didn't give away his tranquil demeanour even after seeing him out of breath and in shock.
  • She's just a normal girl. She has good grades and great friends that she trusts to no end. She has always taken a great liking to the myths. Only, what happens when she gets found by a real life version of her favourite myths; vampires?

3. Write meaningful dialogue

Dialogue is what your characters say to each other (or to themselves).

Each speaker gets his/her own paragraph, and the paragraph includes whatever you wish to say about what the character is doing when speaking.

Instead of: 

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" A voice came from behind her. A silhouette was all she could see when she turned around."Are you lost in the woods, my dear?"  Another voice taunted.

Separate all different dialogues like this:

"Well, well, well... What do we have here?" A voice came from behind her. A silhouette was all she could see when she turned around.

"Are you lost in the woods, my dear?"  Another voice taunted.

4. Use setting and context

Setting includes the time, location, context, and atmosphere where the plot takes place.

• Remember to combine setting with characterization and plot.
  • Include enough detail to let your readers picture the scene but only details that actually add something to the story.
  • Use two or more senses in your descriptions of setting.
  • Rather than feeding your readers information substitute descriptive details so your reader can experience the setting the way your characters do.
Example:

Try and get your readers to imagine the setting and see what your characters are seeing.

• "There's a possibility that he got into a brawl with the culprit while trying to save himself. A deep wound on the back of his head which could have been caused by the fall and some scratches on his wrists; seems like there was no clear attempt of murder. But, the question still remains; what did he have that the culprit wanted?"  Sherlock studied the body again in silence while Watson was trying to look for more evidence to why the victim got into a brawl in the first place.

5. Set up the plot

Plot is what happens, the story line, the action.

Brainstorming. If you are having trouble deciding on a plot, try brainstorming. Suppose you have a protagonist whose husband comes home one day and says he doesn't love her any more and he is leaving. What are actions that can result from this situation?

1. She becomes a workaholic.
  2. Their children are unhappy.
  3. Their children want to live with their dad.
  4. She moves to another city.
  5. She gets a new job.
  6. They sell the house.
  7. She meets a psychiatrist and falls in love.
The next step is to select one action from the list and brainstorm another list from that particular action.

6. Build to a climax

This is the turning point of the story-the most exciting or dramatic moment. This should lead to the end of the story.

Examples:

• Elegant, is the correct word for it. Aditi smiled as she looked at the glittery golden envelope with a silver transparent ribbon tied around it. She carefully took the envelope and pulled the ribbon, opening the envelope; she revealed a cream coloured piece of paper and a smaller white envelope fell out. Her eyes widened in shock as she read what written inside.
  • "You're trying to tell me that the culprit is the birthday girl?" Watson asked with a perplexed expression. "But why would the birthday girl steal her own cake?"He finished off while they walked into the building and spoke to the receptionist

I hope these points help you all in writing the piece. 
Edited by .LilGreenRobot. - 8 years ago
Here.
I will edit this after reading the actual thing. 🤣
Also, I'll take Color Code/Title Collector. 😃 And I can help out with something else if needed.
Edited by santiagosentyou - 8 years ago
Hey guys! Im here !I would like to volunteer for post 2😆 Also I'll be inactive from 25th onwards as mentioned in the thread so I'll finish the writeup by 24th itself 😆 I hope thats fineEdited by panchan - 8 years ago
Since Trisha likes Kumkum Bhagya then we could have something like a day in the life of Pragya :S
Where she gets to be Pragya for a day and we could add in some romantic or Abhi and Pragya's cute fight moments :|
If a minion wants to take up the write up responsibility then I can help them out if not then I can take up the write up :3 Edited by -CrazySobtian- - 8 years ago
Is post two for collecting the messages from people in her friend list and posting them?
Originally posted by .oblivion.

Is post two for collecting the messages from people in her friend list and posting them?

We don't PM the people in their entire friend list to collect messages. It was too much of an hassle. For the 2nd post, we are just going to have a small message wishing her Birthday, attached with a gift the graphicer (aka Me or Deba) will make. 

@Rosh - 👍🏼

@Mally - I have going have a minion paired up with you so the two of you can work together. 😃

I did find some more information. 

LINK: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4102124