shafqee80 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Appursss ..bring it Onnn ...
DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Oh my God, you are back! Awesome!

I love reading the Vignettes simply cos they are simple realistic tales and because the characters are believable. I have read and re-read them multiple times so its wonderful to have you back!
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 8 years ago
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
so happy to see you back...your Vignettes stories are the best on our beloved ipk..i always read them again and again 
AparnaRenu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

My dear friends, old and new... thank you for your warm welcome on my return after a long 

hiatus. 

Quite a few personal issues, which are slowly getting resolved, and the need to return to 

Shantivan and its inhabitants, who are as good as family to me now, having known, lived 

with and thought about each character for years... and a few persistent readers who made 

it possible to return... 

To my old friends, Sarada, Indu, Vidya, Arun, Siaa, and all the others, who I lost touch 

with, hope we can reconnect...

My new readers, who started reading my work after I disappeared, but kept commenting 

and encouraging me, thank you! Hope to become friends with you all... *especially you, 

Harshita*

Also, the IPKKND-ek Jashn, which does fall in with the evolution of the characters as I had envisaged, 

makes it easier to sketch the stories out, with the variations that exist in my world 

continuing as such...

Without much ado, here's the next chapter in Anjali's story, which is promising to be quite 

a long one!

Part 4

...Zindagi pe karam tujhse 
Har khushi har gham tujhse 
Vaadein aur kasam tujhse 
Har khushi har gham tujhse 
Zindagi pe karam tujhse 
Har khushi har gham tujhse...

Anjali's voice was joined by the melodious chorus of her sisters-in-law as they finished the morning pooja. The day of their mega-event, where Annapoorna and Abhilaasha had joined hands to manage, design and 

cater to Mr. Goyal's annual ball, dawned bright and shiny. The only thing 

dampening the ladies' spirit being the absence of their men, who were the silent 

strength of their venture, all three stepped out of the mandir, ready and pumped-up about the day ahead.

They had just gotten their blessings from Devyani, Manohar and Manorama, when 

as if on cue, Anjali's and Payal's mobiles rang. Recognizing the ringtones, the elders 

and Khushi looked on fondly as Arnav spoke to his Di while Akash apparently said 

something to his wife which made Payal beam with pride and confidence.

Listening to Anjali's side of the conversation with a smile, Khushi sent up grateful 

prayers at the transformation their venture had brought in her Di.

"...haan, Chotte, sab kaam ho gaya! Doosri catering agency ko Mr. Goyal ne khud 

appoint kiya hain naah, toh unki supervising humari contract mein nahi hain. Phir 

bhi Khushiji ne ek baar unn logon se mili thi, menus compare karne keliye aur 

service sequence check karne ke liye..."

"... haan baba, hum stressed nahi hain! Tumhein kya lagta hain, Khushiji humein 

bhaari work karne degi? Tumse bhi worse hain woh! Sab bhaari kaam apne upar 

lekar humein aaram se baidhne ki hukoom deti hai!"

"... thank you! Hum jaante hain ki wahan baithke bhi tumhara saath hain humein... 

aur lo... apni Khushiji se baat karo...", 

Anjali smiled as she handed over the phone to Khushi just as Payal handed her 

Akash's call. Swapping phones, she took Akash's call with a grin as she watched 

Khushi fairly leaping in her excitement in talking to her absent Laad Governor.

Delighted to have gotten a chance to talk to Arnavji before starting the day, which 

normally didn't happen considering the time difference with Germany, Khushi 

eagerly put the phone to her ear. "Khushi..."

Closing her eyes as she listened to the emotions brimming over in that one word, 

she replied, "Hum theek hain, Arnavji, aur Di bhi... aap pareshaan mat huyiye...", 

perfectly in tune with her husband, whose disappointment in not being with her and 

Anjali on their big day, whose concern that he wasn't around to handle any issues 

that may crop up and whose absolute misery in being away from his Khushi was all 

conveyed in that one word.

"Be confident, Khushi. You, Di and Payal make a formidable team, professionals 

with the right personal touch. Sab arrangements par ek overall monitoring karna, 

especially since one part of the event is being catered by another team. I have full 

faith in you and Di, go have a great day!"

The pride and confidence on Khushi's face as she listened to Arnav's words making 

her smile, Anjali replied to Akash's questions regarding the day's arrangements. 

The two phones made a round around the room, with everyone getting a chance to 

talk to both sons of the family. It was Payal's turn to talk to her Jethji when he asked, 

"Payal, Dhruv hain, kya , wahan?" At her affirmative reply, she was asked to pass 

the phone to him. 

After instructing Dhruv too, to stick close to the ladies in case they needed support 

in any manner, Arnav kept the phone down. Looking across the room at his Bhai, 

Akash noted the worry on his face, "Kya baat hai, Bhai? Itna woried kyun ho? 

Payal bol rahi thi ki sab under control and perfectly arranged hai."

Rubbing his face with both hands, Arnav murmured, "I don't know, Akash. 

Everything sounds fine, but I just can't shake this feeling that this was the one time 

when we should have been there. Just hoping that its an unfounded feeling."

Watching Arnav walk back into his bedroom, a now -worried Akash hoped that his Bhai's famous hunch was not at work. It usually never 

failed.

Pulling Anjali aside, Mr. Goyal gushed, "Ms. Raizada, your team is incredible! I am 

being praised left, right and centre by everyone here on the quality, elegance and 

class of the decor, the event management and the food! Mrs. Raizada's team has 

done wonders with the appetizers."

Brushing her thanks aside, he continued, "Obviously, you have been referred to 

as "the" event management team to every one of my acquaintances, and those 

who aren't must have decided anyway seeing this event. I am just hoping that the 

dinner that I had arranged through E&C events match up to the standard that you 

have set. I will be sure to call up Mr. Raizada and update him tonight."

He was about to turn away after giving Anjali a warm hug, when he paused, "And 

oh, the event being covered widely by the press, some of them have asked me the 

details of the event planner and I have taken the liberty of sharing your details. 

They might just be the last push that takes your company into national limelight. 

Well deserved, my dear..."

Blushing at the lavish praise and overwhelmed by the admiration she was seeing on 

the faces of the guests, Anjali turned away to find her sisters-in-law and share the good news, safe in the knowledge that their part in the evening 

was almost done. They had to stay back and ensure the service sequence, but the 

food section was to be handed over to the next team and the musical and dance 

night being declared as having ended, they only had to supervise the dismantling 

of the stage and the set after the guests left. It was time to sit down with her favourite ladies and enjoy the evening.

Khushi being busy in sending out the last few plates and Payal assisting her, having 

finished her role of decoration and lighting much earlier, they had to contain their joy 

at the fabulous feedback, saving the celebration for later.

Having shared the good news with both women, Anjali made a final round of the 

kitchen and the dining hall, playing the role of the hostess to perfection, as she took 

a last survey of the food service by E&C that was slowly wrapping up. She had just 

sat down with an overjoyed Khushi, who had been personally visited and thanked by 

Mr. And Mrs. Goyal, at a nearby table and taken a bite of the appetizer when the 

best evening of Annapoorna came crashing down.

Author's Note:

A cliffie after a very long time, folks! It feels wonderful to be back! Comments and 

feedback eagerly awaited...

Next chapter on Saturday

Edited by Appurs - 8 years ago
h-arshi89 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
caught it first...
I will read now😃

edit**

u cant understand, how much happy I am!!! I have waited for this day since a looong time aparna. and finally, when I got this, I feel like pinching myself, to check of whether its my dream or real!!!

so coming to the latest update, it just stirred the same emotions, which I have felt, when I first read ur os, peace.
I mean, ur writing style did not change a bit, even after this long break.👏

arnav, and akash are the best husbands or best family man, if we can summarize.
they have a big empire of business, yet they find time to think about a business run by their wives and sister. such an encouragement from husband can lead any woman to any level of success.

the way arnav said, "khushi" in the phone, and the way khushi understood all the agony are too much cute.
there is always a great level of understanding between YOUR arnav and YOUR khushi. trust me, only in vignettes I found it.

so what happened after that, are they going to face any problems???
do we have to consider arnav's feelings as negative vibes???😲

waiting for the next update...

Edited by arshifan89 - 8 years ago
Phoenixrises thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yay! Im second! Rarely has that ever happened!
A very warm welcome back to the world of IPKKND! We've missed you immensely.
Anyway moving on to the update, it was amazing as per usual! And I can't believe you have given us a cliffie on your first update after coming back! :(
Can't wait to see how this proceeds. At first I thought that there might be something wrong with the decoration or the food-it didn't go according to plan, but that all seems well and good. Then what is cooking in your head Appurs!?! I know whatever it is, it will lead Anjali towards her much-deserved happiness.
Thankyou for the PM! Cannot WAIT for the next update.
Edited by Phoenixrises - 8 years ago
Happytwinkle thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update
Loved it
Well written
Thanks for the pm
shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
I started reading your vignettes early this year and I am such a big fan of them. I cannot tell you how many times I read and re-read them because I lost count. In fact I come back once in a while if I need some uplifting of spirits. They are such a joy to read. Thank you and I am glad to be a part of this new journey with you.
tina_1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Eagerly waiting next update
vks11 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
So happy you are back Appurs. No one can write about Raizada family like you.  You make me feel as if I  am  part of the family and  and i am there in RM. 
Thank you. Will look forward eagerly every day of the week for your updates.

Credit to the uploader.

Edited by vks11 - 8 years ago