Originally posted by: blue5sky

Missed the discussion on music
Here's what I listened too and thought of RnB and II ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Kandanaal mudhalai - Sudha Raghunathan

And the movie version of it..
kanda naal mudhalai - movie version

Love that song ๐Ÿ‘
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Kalpana, just imagine a warm sunny afternoon ...a cuppa with Asma๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ˜ƒ clear skies, tranquil sea at a distance and cranes galore (of the mechanical kind) outside my window nestled in the 22nd floor ๐Ÿ˜‰
Coffee and Kalpana ( and all others here) would be welcome..reminded of a friend who once said "Singapore is the coldest country i have ever lived indoors.." The Ac is so cranked up ๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Yo...Envee, Jasmine and all...๐Ÿค—

๐Ÿค—Hello all ... Everryone eagerly awaiting for author's next move !!! Hopefully she will not leave us in yet another clinghanger ๐Ÿ˜†
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasminechick

Love that song ๐Ÿ‘

Me too Jas. How have you been?
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Good morning everyone!!
Wht I think when a person is frustrated he or she tends to take it out on other things rather than the reason itself which is not in his or her control
Same is the case with vandu.. Hers was an arranged marriage and according to there so called status
She has seen her amma all her life taking care of everything positively
Well most of us do the same, mostly choices r not there
There r certain responsibilities which come attached to a relation and u hav to fulfil them
And vandu has done it successfully till now and I m sure she will in future also..
But there r times when u want to just breakup and run but ur mind knows that u can't

And whereas Amma scolding shravu is concerned moms r always moms
My mom till now scold me over every thing
I m more scared of my mom then my mil

And kids hav to be disciplined shravu is pampered at his house as bala's parents r not scolding him for his carelessness so someone hav to do
If not dada dadi,, then nana nani hav to come in picture !!
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: putti77

It is easy to blame Vandu n sympathise with II.. One will understand Vandu's problem when they are in her shoes... She is also educated, working but has lot of baggage to carry on shoulders.. It is close to twelve years she is married from the day one she is taking care of in-laws... Together her n Bala's salary may be over one lakh but is it enough to lead a good life in Delhi? And Bala's Athai almost stay in their house.. Total three elderly people two kids she has to take care.. Is she got the luxury to sleep n wake up whenever you want? Can she abandon cooking for one time? Can she watch whatever she likes in television? Does she has the much required privacy? Of course anybody will get frustrated with her life.. Coming to Shravu, he is a kid what he will understand? The kid is already feeling insecure with Baldie birth.. The kid needs love n affection. He is already disturbed seeing why Nandu can have everything n not him. How to explain him?Yes as a mother she couldn't see Shravu upset because of Amma.. When she thinks later about it she will understand.. She started working just after three months of delivery leaving baldie back home with oldies.. Can't afford the luxury of maid..

Whereas II's worries are very different than Vandu.. Dude's past relationships, Ranjan's scandal, Chachu etc.. She is not required to face Chachu or Manny everyday... She has chosen this life n she has to overcome her insecurities.. If she can't work from tomorrow because of some complications, she is not required to worry about her loans etc... The Dude will pay off everything... If she choose to work after three months of delivery, there will be four maids to take care of Nivi.. She might not accept Bhallas wealth but indirectly she has accepted it.. Who is expecting her salary every month for house expenses? Her husband, FIL n SIL take are of her like princess..

What are simple things to be happy in life..
Lead the life in your own way..
Get up n sleep whenever you want..
Spend your money however you want..
Eat whatever you like..
Have the needed privacy..

Where do Vandu can go n rant her frustrations? How can she know that II is feeling guilty about this?

We should not forget the same Vandu-Bala supported II get married to Dude.. Infact Vandu has fought with Appa..

Yes money n luxury is not everything in life.. But we can say that only when we have enough money...

Putti  while one can sympathise with Akka for the plight one has to realise how to manage one's circumstances. Where is the locus of control? is it  altered because of II's marriage? She has got accustomed to accept / get her needs addressed by voicing it to II. She somehow does not show the maturity for her age in the way she resolves differences with Appa...with Bala.
Tell me is she not aware by now why II missed Shubangh's namakaranam? What happened to the car keys? She knows of the money left behind in the locker did she even say once let part of it go to cover the loan II has availed...even say it...If she wants to sustain her interaction with Sam which she definitely will she needs to address the matter with Bala and with Shravu. Putti i deal day in and out with peple in the age of 3 plus and what they can understand is far more than what we gauge.

Vandhu is a college professor if she cannot handle her own frustrations...inadequacies why blame others?
If She wants harmony which is why she tolerates the pile on ...like Amma she should be mature about it.
It is not enough you say  things...your actions should demonstrate that too.
Lakshmi Venkat has issues too...Saying i wonder  how Appa lives with Amma...she doesnt love kids...is fine...but saying You will know when your kids are treated thus...your kids will be treated differently does not speak of maturity.
So just because Akka confronted Appa and stood by her all her life Akka wants her to be beholden to her?

II has been made to feel unwanted a lesser human all her life...Periappa is the one to whom she unburdens...we have a saying in Tamizh unburden yourself to atleast a wall.
Akka always vents to II knowing her kid sister will be unable to bear her pain...If she stood by II, Raman stands by her doesn't he? get her time off, ensuring the difference is never felt.
If Bala had been the affluent guy and the dude the middle class guy would he had been accorded the same treatment? I wonder.
It is not that Athai or Tatha Paati are as mean as Rolex Raju or Manny...but the poor kid(II) is lonely hurt and pregnant...have a heart

blue5sky thumbnail
Have fun you guys..
catch you in a bit..
Byeee
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Me too Jas. How have you been?

Super Asma !!! How are u ? Good to see the group active again !!!

Errantnomad thumbnail

Should have it in an hour and then some๐Ÿ˜Š
You can opt for a power nap in the interim๐Ÿ˜†

I just hit that power nap ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Errantnomad thumbnail

๐Ÿ˜ƒclear skies, tranquil sea at a distance and cranes galore (of the mechanical kind) outside my window nestled in the 22nd floor๐Ÿ˜‰
Coffee and Kalpana ( and all others here) would be welcome..reminded of a friend who once said "Singapore is the coldest country i have ever lived indoors.." The Ac is so cranked up๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Oh that cuppa sure is inviting . Thank you very much Asma.