Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aina91 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: moonwearer

<font size="3">I am surprised too at the way Vandhu is dealing with the circumstances of life...
In one of the updates just after the wedding there is a comparison drawn between Akka and Sam with a mention that Sam was the mature one in dealing with matters.
Akka some how has begun to attribute everything she or Bala faces to rant to II and highlight the difference.
Come on you you are directing all your pent up frustrations on the wrong people. At the outset she should have set the limit for II and Shravu in what can be provided and what restrained.
Shravu is being brought up thinking he deserves what he desires, He should have all that Nandhu has. I remember the Dude telling his II you dont have to give material to get kids love.
What i find commendable is the way Ranjan, Raman Sam and Tan easily adapt to what is available and seek how to improve the situation.

I have lived in a joint family all my life. When you receive the care, support and affection you should learn to accept correction as well. Early in my parenthood journey i learnt and consciously decided when my lad was corrected by a family member i will not interfere. I have never raised a little finger on him so when my mother in law whacked him one night my husband's cousin ran to his defense i held her back. She adores the boy and started crying its because i am staying over that the kid(he was 3 then) wanted to sleep on the floor with me and my daughter.
I was very upset at the episode. I was quiet till i barded my bus and broke down to my friend...she listened...asked me does ABHI belong only to you? Your mother in law has looked after him ever since you started working...if she can care for him she can correct him too...he is her ABHI too...grandparents are far more lenient with grandkids...She was experienced and i still hold that interaction close to my heart. When people now admire the way they kid has shaped into a fine young man i know it is not because of me alone. I may have played a significant role but it is the interaction the child has had with so many of his relatives and so many of my friends who would want to have him over for weekends.
He got exposed to computers and had a ride on a double decker with my colleagues husband. He calls him Tatha...i am sure in the days he was with them if he needed disciplining they would have,,,it is a value they were adding to the shaping of the kid.
I find that Vandhu is being very touchy and unreasonable in her expectations. If we have to say its because of her hormones and the life she endures...what about poor II?
Money cant bring back Ma...Money can't erase the Dude's affairs...Money hasn't boosted II's self image.
She is still insecure...she does not go about proclaiming herself as something she isn't. If she is going to go part time when the angel arrives...what a financial mess she is going to be in...the 8 laks she left behind i am sure is being used for all emergencies including the impending Surgery of Janaki Athai...she is left with a little over 10 k after the loan repayments,,,,What will she do when the inflow is drastically cut?
Ranjan and Raman will give II free access to all they have...but will II accept it and pay off the loans atleast so that she can manage her expenses with what she makes...will she atleast accept a joint account to meet the Angel's expenses when her man is away on work?
The spillover of issues from Munirka and DII is actually 70 % of IIs problem. the work woes and money matters and insecurities the rest...

Maybe the fears regarding the marriage needs to be opened up...it might any time soon.
Akka should stop using II to fight her problems and correct her wrongs...she is not infallible as she is made out to be by her family...she is mean and selfish too.
</font>

wow,you said it all and so well.You're right. you're lucky to have such friends. Nowadays most of the others would have proceeded to tell you how awful your Mil was. A kid surely learns from other people. My mom would pamper us but never to the limit than we get everything we ever desired. Even when I would persist, mom would never give in even if she had the resources to buy the things I wanted. she made me learn to accept,we won't get everything we want in life. Vandita is the reason II guilt is here today, all she does is rant about her 'supposedly bad' life but many people living in street could only dream of such life. we should be happy of things we have, it is not bad to want more, what bad is rant it out how bad life you're supposedly living.
she. is saying that her parents don't love her kid, she forget in a sec where she lived after delivery, how amma looked after her with periappa care also.
I appreciate II here,she has problems but atleast she does not rant about them all the time. shes not a drama queen. Appa raised her to be an independent woman and appa is proud of that. she doesn't need money to make her happy. simple things in life makes her happy.
im kind if tired seeing II the punching bag, I want to see if one day shes angry and someone messes with her what happens then? just like she replied to chachu I want her to do the same to anyone who taunt her

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
It is easy to blame Vandu n sympathise with II.. One will understand Vandu's problem when they are in her shoes... She is also educated, working but has lot of baggage to carry on shoulders.. It is close to twelve years she is married from the day one she is taking care of in-laws... Together her n Bala's salary may be over one lakh but is it enough to lead a good life in Delhi? And Bala's Athai almost stay in their house.. Total three elderly people two kids she has to take care.. Is she got the luxury to sleep n wake up whenever you want? Can she abandon cooking for one time? Can she watch whatever she likes in television? Does she has the much required privacy? Of course anybody will get frustrated with her life.. Coming to Shravu, he is a kid what he will understand? The kid is already feeling insecure with Baldie birth.. The kid needs love n affection. He is already disturbed seeing why Nandu can have everything n not him. How to explain him?Yes as a mother she couldn't see Shravu upset because of Amma.. When she thinks later about it she will understand.. She started working just after three months of delivery leaving baldie back home with oldies.. Can't afford the luxury of maid..

Whereas II's worries are very different than Vandu.. Dude's past relationships, Ranjan's scandal, Chachu etc.. She is not required to face Chachu or Manny everyday... She has chosen this life n she has to overcome her insecurities.. If she can't work from tomorrow because of some complications, she is not required to worry about her loans etc... The Dude will pay off everything... If she choose to work after three months of delivery, there will be four maids to take care of Nivi.. She might not accept Bhallas wealth but indirectly she has accepted it.. Who is expecting her salary every month for house expenses? Her husband, FIL n SIL take are of her like princess..

What are simple things to be happy in life..
Lead the life in your own way..
Get up n sleep whenever you want..
Spend your money however you want..
Eat whatever you like..
Have the needed privacy..

Where do Vandu can go n rant her frustrations? How can she know that II is feeling guilty about this?

We should not forget the same Vandu-Bala supported II get married to Dude.. Infact Vandu has fought with Appa..

Yes money n luxury is not everything in life.. But we can say that only when we have enough money...
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Our beliefs are based on things as we perceive them and based on our life experiences that shaped our beliefs. A wanton behaviour of a single person is accepted but an alleged misconduct and breach of trust is not. Raman definitely will not cheat on II he has no intent of even flirting when people literally swoon over him. The Arunima matter was only to provoke her such that II goes all ballistic. He can handle her then and it actually excites him to see her thus. A silent II sets him thinking every time . Now he knows maybe he took his joke too far. Appa stating she'd stay there for a week does not evoke a reaction in him.
Akka comes across as being self centerd and in her own perception of right /wrong...done/not done.
II would correct Shravu and not Nandu and the dude had pointed out that only when you care deeply you set out to set right. Akka has not had these insights. Maybe her world view is also limited. Motherhood was earlier...the people she is surrounded by for the last 12 years not even as open as the iyers.
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Missed the discussion on music
Here's what I listened too and thought of RnB and II 😳
Kandanaal mudhalai - Sudha Raghunathan

And the movie version of it..
kanda naal mudhalai - movie version
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Hello all...🤗

Yo 🤗
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue5sky

Yo 🤗

😊
Seriousreader thumbnail
Why did our favourite dude have to go and do something this stupid as to hurt his pregnant wife...😒
Will we see Sam in our next update, I wonder
She was just as hurt😭
blue5sky thumbnail
Wants and needs.

Interesting... the sisters have each other. Sometimes a vent is all one needs before one picks the path one is conditioned too- by family and ones own expectations. RnB and therefore II have all that anyone would want but they both have their share of regrets and sores.

Vandu has many things but if she was selfish she would certainly have more time and energy at least as of now.

II is pampered, but she is also strong willed. Money gives her options but she won't use them! Vandu is equally strong willed ( she always measures up to her family's Super heavy demand). Is happy and also has her misgivings about the exposure Shravu gets from the Batra's. So part of wants while another part of her warns. Bala is relatively uncomplicated with this - it's what he can pay for and what he can't all the rest of the options that exist are too far away and therefore irrelevant.

Vandu rants and II has only shared doused in chocolate kind of make out sessions with her. Ira, M and all the other's are confined to her fearful heart. NOBODY gets a wind of it.. Not even RnB.

This 👏 AFTER almost a year HATS OFF lady!!

Aduthadu Eppo!
And I know you ignore me. 😉
Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Yo, Kavitha and Kalpana...🤗
Seriousreader thumbnail
So very true Asma
Ira, M and all the other's are confined to hear fearful heart. NOBODY gets a wind of it.. Not even RnB.