•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Tamasha 5-day box office collection: Ranbir's film to cross Rs 100 crore mark worldwide soon

Tamasha
A scene from the movie 'Tamasha'.Youtube/ Screenshots

Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starrer "Tamasha" is holding well at the domestic box office. "Tamasha" is all set to cross the Rs 50 crore mark at the domestic box office and Rs 100 crore mark at the worldwide box office.

The film, directed by Imtiaz Ali, earned approximately Rs 47.37 crore in its five-day run at the domestic box office.

"#Tamasha Fri 10.94 cr, Sat 13.17 cr, Sun 14.12 cr, Mon 5.07 cr, Tue 4.07 cr. Total: 47.37 cr. India biz," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted the five-day box office collection.

Ranbir-Deepika's film will cross the Rs 50 crore mark in India by Wednesday (sixth-day), while at the worldwide box office it should enter the century club by the second weekend. The worldwide box office collection of "Tamasha" stands at Rs 69.77 crore.

Meanwhile, talking about the box office fate of his movie, Ranbir said the audience is the king and one cannot challenge them.

"You can never challenge the audience, audience is king. I remember when a film of mine 'Rocket Singh' had released and I was really disappointed that nobody went to see it," Ranbir said at the success bash of "Tamasha", according to IANS.

"But later in life, as you grow older in life, you realize that you cannot challenge an audience, what they say, is their verdict. If some people have not liked the film, you have to accept it," he added.

While the entire of "Tamasha" is celebrating the success of the film, Ranbir feels that the film needs to do well in its first and second week to be considered a "success".

"I think every film receives mixed response usually. And very few films get a unanimous response, but as of now I'd like to focus on the positives than the other responses," he said about the critics reviews.

Article Published: December 2, 2015 14:10 IST
flop
Deepika-Ranbir should have better BO pull than this

And I'm an astronaut 😳
Its only in its 6th day and people on this forum already declaring it a Flop! ðŸ˜†
Its estimated 6 days collection is 50 crores and worldwide its already made close to 100 crores. Phir bhi flop? ðŸ˜† Its still running in theaters, has another weekend ahead. Might easily recover its budget. 
Tamasha is not a commercial film that it will be minting money everyday. This type of movie trudges along slowly, getting viewers thru WOM. 
Maybe average/Semi hit but it's not a flop nor a clean hit. 
This place is filled with trade analyst.
Official budget = wrong 
offical box office = wrong 

And if a movie doesnt bring 40 crore in a day it is definitely a flop. 

This is not just for Tamasha but for evey other movie.
If Tamasha had Kangana, priyanka, Anushka or Sonakshi it would have sank without a trace
Same also goes for Sonam...lol
Minty Lal ke Haseen Sapne.