I Wasn't a Showpiece in PRDP; Salman Shot for 200 days,I Shot for 150

Posted: 8 years ago

Sonam Kapoor is flying high over the success of her last film Prem Ratan Dhan Payo. In a recent interview Sonam spoke about the film and how she expected everyone to think of her as a showpiece in the film. She mentioned that she, however, played a substantial part in the success of the film. 

Sonam said, "When the trailer came out, I received a lot of negative reviews. But post the film's release, the feedback has been mostly positive.The best compliments I received were mainly from the senior critics and members of the media who said that I played the part really, really well. When people say that you have lived the character, that's possibly the best thing you can hear about your work."

Sonam added, "I went in knowing people will think that I am just another actress who's romancing Salman Khan, but I patiently waited for the film to hit screens so that people could see how much of a role I had. People thought I would have barely 15-20 minutes on screen, but they now know that I wasn't another showpiece in the film. Despite Salman Khan being a force where people usually get lost in, Sooraj took care of my character. A love story can't be one-sided. In this film, my role had the length, the meat and everything else. Salman shot for 200 days, I also shot for 150 days. But that doesn't mean I am against a short role. Even a 20-minute role is great if it can create the necessary impact. Look at Delhi 6 or Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. I barely had 15-20 minutes screen time but my character impacted the entire film's plot. People still remember me for those films."

CREDITS: DNA

Justification time

Delusion devi ka kuch nahi ho sakta 
You were not a show piece baby...u were a wrong piece in the movie...aap nahi hoti...toh PRDP 50 cr aur banati..
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. I barely had 15-20 minutes screen time but my character impacted the entire film's plot. People still remember me for those films."
No one 
I mean no one remembers sonam from bhag milkha bhaag 
Her character had no value, that horse had value which made milkha lost the race in the movie 

What pot she uses 
I must get some of it
Originally posted by blue-ice

You were not a show piece baby...u were a wrong piece in the movie...aap nahi hoti...toh PRDP 50 cr aur banati..

LOL
Must be difficult to be her .. accepting that she lost out to almost all her contemporaries .. even after a SLB directed debut, a star father, home produced films with complete focus on her - she has been a total loser except for a few films here and there ... then all her W*F statements draw her so much flak .. only being appreciated once in a while for her dresses is all she has .. she even gets so much negativity on social media ..
guess all this leads to becoming a little delusional because facing the truth would be so much more difficult. 

Originally posted by Shy_

Bhaag Milkha Bhaag. I barely had 15-20 minutes screen time but my character impacted the entire film's plot. People still remember me for those films."
No one 
Her character had no value, that horse had value which made milkha lost the race in the movie 

What pot she uses 
I must get some of it

To be honest I had forgotten she was in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag.She was barely there right? Most praobably 2 scenes of 2 mins maybe.
Originally posted by Shy_

No one 

What pot she uses 
I must get some of it

🤣🤣
 'I played the part really, really well'
🤣
Even that one 'really' was a bit too much!