Mythological Masti

Kunti's Character .... Things to know?!

Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey friends...I want help.
Next month i have to give lecture on Kunti's characterization in 1 event for 40 minutes.

Now we know stories of Mata Kunti ...But if there any unknown stories which can i describe there?

Also Please give me suggestion what innovative i can do there

I don't want to give lecture on Mahabharat but want to explain Kunti's situations...Her Emotions...Importance of her role...Her relations with Kuntibhoj Durvasa Pandu Madri Gandhari Karn Vidur.

She is one of my favorite character of Epic undoubtedly but her positive impacts ...Her role as mother and her limitations ...all i want to describe. 

So i can say i also want to give philosophical touch and want to join her character in today's world as struggling widow mother .

She is respected Lady of 1 of five in our culture.

So please any suggestions Ideas...anyone if you can help me.

Thanks ðŸ˜›

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maverick_me thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Well i hope i am not too late in replying :P'anyways
The character of Kunti is very interesting and cant be put in a single go..
Each of Panchakanyas are unique in their own ways.. Panchakanyas represent five elements and are an ansh of Uma-Parvati;  kunti among them represents ether/space
'Kanya' is one who is wished for as per adi parva mbh (kunti- suryaconversation) it doesn't have to do with any physical description or condition, its got to do with mind.
Kunti's life is full of struggles and how she shone and rose above the situations makes her a great woman inspite of the criticism she got wrt karna's abandonment and Draupadi's polyandry but one special point to note is , she isn't a typical mil , not the one who we hold a popular perception about;  kunti never interfered with and dominated the household after pandavas got married , she happily gave the reins of her household to Draupadi and after the war took retirement at right time by going to woods . 
For relationship with Pandu, her father and manys other things, i suggest you read paper by Dr. Pradip Bhattacharya , its available online . There are many articles on boloji.com under subtitle hinduism ..
Hope this helps, good luck

ChotaBheem thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Though it is old thread and you have already given your lecture but I am telling you few intresting things about her character.

Mata Kunti bhagvan se dukh ki kamna karti thi.Kyun?
Unka manna tha ki sukh ke samay Manusya bhagvan ko bhul jata hai.Dukh ke samay usko bhagvan ki yaad ati.Unki kaamna thi ki unke maan main hamesha bhagvan ki bhakti aur chintan bani rahe.
As Hindu scripture says ki Sansarik sukh dirghstayi nahin hota ant uska dukh hota hai aur 84 koti janam yonion main ghumna padta hai.Bhagvan ko pane se sacha sukh milta hai aur mukti milti hai etc