#TheFeminist v/s #R&BFanGirl - An Eternal Battle - Page 6

Posted: 8 years ago
The came my sabbatical (from I-F) and the in-again-out-again phase.

Part 1
Nisha!

I don't get the time to read on a daily basis... Real life is a B!+*h. And it's been crazy. And is likely to be crazy till mid-June. And everything will settle, in the wake of the storm that is my diploma project.

But that doesn't mean that SoSy doesn't give me joy.
It does. It's actually a package of joy that I receive - multiple updates in one go - that lets me escape from the craziness that my life is. 

And, even beyond the pages of The Software Symphonies, I've found a few amazing friends, because of you and this amazing story.

So. Please don't forget me yet. I still remain a part of that list which derives untold joy from SoSy.

Love,
Arya.

Nish!! 

That's totally the beginnings of #TheDhamaka!! 

(Nisha, by #TheDhamaka... I mean... R&B is FINALLY fed up with II's insistence of financial independence. He's made his move. II will realise when she gets the money, and her first doubt will be on her Rakshasan. Hopefully, that will lead to them fighting/arguing, maybe an out and out fight where each one says whatever has been festering in their brains - insecurities, anger, past issues, whatever. Followed by them actually discussing their issues, once they've calmed down, rationally.)

Can't wait to see R&B-II explode! πŸ˜ˆ

Thank you! So, so, so, so much!!
This is the moment I've been waiting for, ever since the first time they kissed by the Monet.
Nisha, I love you. 

Nisha,

Actually... A couple of days ago, I remembered this Batman quote... 

"This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object. You truly are incorruptible, aren't you? You won't kill me out of some misplaced sense of sef-righteousness, and I won't kill you because you're just too much fun. I think you and I are destined to do this forever." (The Joker says this.)

And it's almost perfectly suited to II-R&B, as much as Joker-Batman.

Also, I just realised that there's an Irresistible Force Paradox. So cool.
And so terribly perfect for II-R&B.

And it summarises II-R&B's tumultuous relationship in a sentence. 

There's also the aspect of self-destruction by destroying the other... It's quite apparent in the Joker-Batman "relationship". One isn't a hero, if the other isn't the villain. As simple as that. 
Their existences and identities are interwoven quite tightly.

The same with II-R&B.

Ek Aur MiniReview
Nisha...
My previous comment is just proof of how brilliantly crazily unexpected that was. You struck me absolutely speechless (Ashu can be witness for how rarely that happens.)

Sam was a dark horse. And. My, oh my. She played it out brilliantly, didn't she? 
An unpredicted meteor that struck R&B... And we will see the destruction left in her wake. 
They say that for anything to change, for something new to be born, the old needs to be annihilated. 
Sam has put things in motion. For R&B and Ranjan to have a normal relationship, the old animosity and accusations need to be destroyed, or proved baseless. Which this could be the first step to. 

Kudos, Nisha. On a brilliantly scripted bomb. 

Now. I want the damn family to leave II-R&B alone. It's high time they sort out their issues.#TheDhamaka.
Almost a review
Nisha,
I absolutely LOVED Stranger Anxiety!!
Right from the Manny-II interactions (especially how forced Manny's niceness seems) to the family dining together to the little II-R&B interactions interspersed throughout.
But, especially Lasya... that baby won my heart and my respect today...
She's got her own brand of justice against her Mausi, eh? 
#MiniPhotocopyOfR&B πŸ˜‰
#SuchASlyDevil😈 
#WhattayBaby πŸ˜†

Ashu,
Onnoda pattu kutti rombaa vaala irrukka, di... avaloda mama madiriye. #MannyTheMeanie-ya paathadukku aprama, avaloda Chithi kayyilaye irrukale. 
So sweet. She's behaving like II's armour. 
R&B avala nalla coach pannirukkan.
(Your darling child is a mischevious one, di... She's exactly like her Mama. Once she saw#MannyTheMeanie, she didn't leave her Chithi's arms. ... R&B has coached her well.)

P.S: On a side note... I think I've found Lasya... My mentor's daughter is a completely adorable, chubby little mischievous doll, she's like a little rasgulla (I so wanted to bite her cheeks the first time I saw her)... Some day, my mentor will let me carry her (or even just take a photo), and that day... πŸ˜ˆ(leaving it unfinished. I will not implicate myself further). Ashu has already given me her solemn promise to help me execute that plan.

P.P.S: Nisha, I hope you still remember me! πŸ˜•

😲
Nisha,

I'm so sorry... for not being here, or reviewing, for the last 5-ish months. 
Life had gotten crazy for a bit, what with the graduation and the grad exhibition and all that. And, then I fell off the face of the planet, took a break (a good, proper one) from the world - travelled a bit, slept in late, read a truckload of books and ate yummy food and gymmed. 
Essentially, it was an amazing break from the humdrum monotony and rigidity of reality (where I need to be working/studying/doing-something-with-my-life).

SoSy was my escape from the insanity and rigmarole of my daily college life. With all the positivity and fun and craziness (and the spectacularly amazing people) that used to be on the threads, it was an amazing place. And, then things happened. And stuff shifted around here too. Which coincided with my break. 

I've always lived and missed Software Symphonies, especially the crazily semi-realistic love story that it is. II-R&B were almost a part of my daily life!
II ke antics pe R&B ka "Enough, II." bolna. R&B's obsession with II's nose-ring and II's "Vendaam da." 
SoSy, as a story, has always, infallibly drawn me in. 
You write amazingly. With a hint of editing, I can see this story as a novel. One that I'd willingly pay to read.

I'm so glad that I decided to get back here. FINALLY.

Anyways... Enough senti. Ab thoda mental #BringingHastagsBack

Main kuch mahinon ke liye chali kya gayi, yeh kahaani toh kahin aur hi pahunch gayi!!
#YehKyaHoGaya

I've had the opportunity to catch up on all the updates since I went on hiatus. 
20 threads made for an awesome weekend #OnlyForMe. Amma was frustrated with me being glued to my computer. 
But, I'm still digesting #IIisPreggers (#SoSyPresent) and #MotheringII & #HotDaddyR&B(#SoSyFuture). 
#HotDaddyR&B is unbelievably (infinitely more and) sexy. And, that's saying something. 
Also, #ThreeMentalIIs remind me of #FeministVsFangirlVsMe.

#Arya
Finally being back.

Originally posted by Arya1991

Nisha!!

As I was telling Ashu, I don't plan to vanish again.

I took a proper break from everything... I was off the Internet for quite a while. 
Read a whole bunch of books - re-read Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes, finished Hunger Games, started on Fountainhead, Lord of the Rings and Divergent (to name a few off the top of my head). 
Caught up on the TV shows I'd missed - finished The X-Files (I'd left it off around Season9) & Castle Season 7, re-watched BBC's Sherlock, started Castle Season 8 & Marvel's Agents of Shield Season 3 and completed The Listener.
Spent time with friends. In person. Catching movies, dinner & drinks, generally catching up.
Travelled around Kerala for a short while (about 2-3 weeks).

I do think I've found the R&B to my II... He's quiet in public. When it's just us, he enjoys teasing and annoying me. πŸ˜ƒ 
But, he can talk as much as (sometimes even more than) me, when it's just us. πŸ˜›
We're friends... 
But he doesn't know he's my R&B yet.
(Actually, I don't even know that for sure myself πŸ€£)

AND.
I have started working πŸ˜ƒ As a Research Associate, at a large Internet-related services MNC. Been working for about a month. 
Now, they're going to ship me off to the States for a month, for training and the like. Might be slightly less active during that one month. 

But, as far as I've got a say, #FeministVsFangirlVsMe is here to stay.

How have YOU been? 

#Arya

With the FollowUp, of course.

Yuss! Starting with the #KaamKiBaatein...

He's about 5'8"-5'9" (about 4-5" taller than me). Works in a day job, that runs far too late into the night and drains him. He's very good-looking, with an amazing jawline and broad shoulders β˜ΊοΈ #MyHottie #NotTHEFacelessHottie(R&B)
I've known him for about 2+ years. He's actually from my college itself. 
Actually, when we first met, he took the initiative... Even gave all the signs of being into me. But, I was in a messed up dating thing with someone else. And, even though I found him attractive, I wasn't in a frame of mind to respond appropriately. By the time that I was ready to respond, he'd closed off again. #MissedMauka  πŸ˜­

We've just reconnected in the last 6 months, during and after graduation.
And, the more time I've spent with him, the more I've gotten to know him... I'm kind of sure he's going to mean something to me in the longer run.

Bottom line. I've not made it clear to him that I like him, and, I'm not sure of his stance now. But, we spend large amounts of our free time with each other, and mostly just us (#NonDates)
As for kisses, and bases... #IWish #Can'tHappenSoonEnough #JustMightJumpHimπŸ˜‰

Now, the #BekaarKiBaatein...
I got my Advanced Diploma in Innovation & Experience Design. 
I was focused on User Research and Innovation for Experience Design. What I do for the company is actually almost the same thing (except I'm actually being paid now πŸ˜›)
Edited by Arya1991 - 8 years ago
Review on "I'm totally judging you"

Res 
EDITED:

#TheFeminist v/s #R&BFanGirl - An Eternal Battle. 
On "I'm totally judging you"

#FeministVsFanGirl is back! πŸ˜†

1. R&B regretting taking off his veshti.
(FanGirl: I regret you taking it off too! But, only because you put on more clothes after that. Veshti illama appdiye irrundirakalaam, ille?* #ShamelessFlirt #R&BKiDeewaani β˜ΊοΈ
Feminist: Humph. I don't. Besides, even if he wore the veshti, II would still shower attention on Abhishek. #UselessDude 
Me: Ssshhh!! Shaddup! Let me read in peace. He's jealous. Sooo cute!! #SuchAPucchu πŸ€£)

2. The whole II-Abhi interaction.
(Feminist: You go girl! Show hubs that he ain't the centre of your universe! #ServesHimRight
FanGirl: Yenna di. Ivlavu timiraa unakku? Ivlav HOT Dude onnaye tedindu irrupaan, avana poyi padthuriye. Avana yenakku kudithudu! Dinon enna potu kulipatuven, nalla non veg samachu kudupen, Appa-Amma veetila koopindu poga maaten, avan yenna sapda viduven** #IfOnly #BeMineR&B
Feminist: Chee! You're gonna be his slave-girl!! Even II has more self-worth than you! Podi! Take me away from this nutcase!! I don't wanna be a mental mental character like her!!! #Can'tTakeThisAnymore
Me: II is so lost in meeting her long lost old friend, who she didn't even recognise at first, that she's forgotten that her hubs exists! He'll get his revenge later, don't you worry.🀣)

3. Appa's reaction to Abhishek πŸ€£
(Me: Appa is rubbing into R&B's face that he likes Abhishek. And, that Abhishek knows II from earlier. So cute Appa is #TheWarIsAlwaysOn πŸ€£ ::cackling and nodding::
FanGirl: Appa is so mean! ::nods sympathetically at R&B::
Feminist: ::cackling maniacally:: #AppasAdvocate)

4. Amma opening R&B's pol
Paavam R&B. All his attempts at seeming cool and composed were washed down by Amma in moments! πŸ€£
(FanGirl & Feminist are howling with laughter, rolling on the floor of their imaginary room, in the bckground)

#Arya

* You could've stayed without your veshti itself, no?
** What! So much attitude you have? Such a hot dude who's always searching for you, you're torturing him. Give him to me! I'll bathe him everyday with oil, cook good non veg food for him, never go to Amma-Appa's house, and let him eat me up.
Review on "A Bit."

#TheFeminist v/s #R&BFanGirl - An Eternal Battle, on "A bit."
This one's for Namu.
Because nothing is defined clearly in blacks and whites, everything falls into varying shades of vague grays.
Because you don't have to be one OR the other.
Because being a woman is about being contrary - Feminist & FanGirl, Spoilt & Disciplinarian, Author & Critic...
Because YOU can be both and rock it.
Because. Just because.

1. II's intimate knowledge of Abhi's food preferences, and pestering him about it. While ignoring R&B.
(FanGirl: How dare you?! So much attitude? You've never done any of this for your own hubs!! Whatever happened to being #GoodIyerWife, huh? If he was mine, I'd wait hand and foot on him. Humph. You don't deserve such a Moorti of Mardaangi*, like R&B#IfOnly #WishHeWasMine πŸ˜•
Feminist: Oi! Whatever happened to #AthitiDevoBhava?! Guests are god. And, to be treated as such as long as they're in your home. Being #SatiSavitri comes only after that, and is entirely optional too. Besides, even if she did mollycoddle and pester R&B about his food, he'd not appreciate it. He'd just be silent about it. #AttentionSeeking #UselessMelodrama πŸ₯±)

2. "What happened to becoming a CFO, Plant Controller, Finance Director etc di?" Abhishek mocked.
(FanGirl: Aye! HOW dare you? You think her sasuraal won't support her? That her hubs (#TheDude) will tie her down at home to take care of the babies? Humph. He's not you. Or a neanderthal. Yenna nee nenaichee?** Her hubs is a filthy rich man, who'll get help to take care of the babies, and work from home himself. #TheCompleteMan #HotDaddyR&B #RandomIdiotIyer πŸ˜‘
Feminist: ::growls angrily at Abhishek:: You completely, idiotic, imbecile pig!#StupidIyerNeanderthal, would you ask the same question of a man with impending fatherhood? How dare you compare a woman's emotional and mental capabilities to handle work, family and life with that of you silly, simple-minded men? πŸ˜‘
Me: ::glares daggers at Abhishek:: If you weren't a fictional character, I'd have skewed you onto a spike and grilled you slowly over an open flame. While you were still fully conscious. You bloody, chauvinistic arsehole. #StupidIyerNeanderthal πŸ˜‘)

3. Ranjan and II's bond.
(Ranjan's immediate answer to #StupidIyerNeanderthal's imbecilic question was adequate proof, to all parties present, of his unquestionable, unequivocal support of his daughter(-in-law) and his faith in her abilities. Not just him, I'd say he spoke for the Bhallas. 
#TeamRanjan #GottaLoveBhallas
Actually, their bond has been displayed for quite a while now. Ranjan loves his gudiya as much as his own daughters, possibly even more. 
II has been serving as a rickety footbridge, slowly bridging the distance between the estranged father-son duo. In her insanity, her antics, her Iyer pride and her reluctance to claim anything as hers, she has given them a lot to bond over. Their love for her, and her future miniatures, will serve to connect them, in a way they haven't connected since Savvy's death.)

4. R&B's silence, his caveman thoughts and breaking his silence with "A bit."
(FanGirl: Ayyooo! AIIYYYOOO!! Semma cute di ivan! Yenakku venam!!^ Him sniffing her and getting aroused. And wanting to do indecent things to her πŸ˜³ Give him to me! I'd even let him carry me off, caveman style, while I'm in the middle of a conversation!! #CavemanR&B #BeMine #IfOnly 
Feminist: Oi! Why does everything link back to sex in your stupid head, huh?#CavemanDude Ugh. Fine. I agree it's kind of a natural consequence of seeing your mate carrying your child. But, at least be respectful about it! Tossing her over a shoulder, it seems. Idiot. #NeanderthalR&B πŸ˜΅
Me: ::swoons:: #HotDaddyR&B #WantMyR&B )

#Arya

Translations:
Idol of Manliness
** What did you think?!
So cute he is! I want him!!
WOW! β€οΈ
Makes me miss those old days, even though I was a silent reader for several threads. My stomach ached; I would laugh so much reading your reviewsπŸ˜†

The title was beautiful. Almost as much as Amma's statement. The same words became so much more poignant, when placed in the context that she used it in.
Once again, #TheDude stole the show, even though he wasn't there for most of this update.

The main point of conflict (in my head, as usual) in this update, was the II-Amma conversation...

Feminist: You know what, II? Your mother has a point... Akka and she did go back to work in 3 months, and that too while handling so many other things. If you're out to show the world how powerful & strong a woman is, you can't let your job go! With your job goes your financial independence!! #YouAreShakthi

FanGirl: #B**chPlease She's made the baby with #TheDude. Obviously they'll be as adorable and luscious as their father! Can you blame her for wanting to stay and take care of said #MiniDude? Wouldn't you want to? If you made a baby with #TheDude

Feminist: YOUR ovaries explode when you read about #TheLOUT (Lanky-Overbearing-Unsympathetic-Tool), not mine. #NotMyScene 
Besides, if he's such an amazingly supportive hubs, shouldn't he ask her to go back to work, stay back in Malcha Marg and take care of the baby himself? He's got a company that could run itself (his partners would run it), and turn profits even if he's not constantly involved!#DoubleStandards 

FanGirl: Look. He's an amazing guy. Just 'coz he doesn't want to live in Malcha Marg (well, that's what it essentially boils down to. The whole Ranjan thing.), doesn't make him the bad guy here! Plus, I'm sure that if II wished it, he'd probably have an army of (background-checked) nannies at her back and call. Or, he'd hire her at Argent! And, they could relocate. To Paris. #DontBashTheDude

Feminist: If only you could ever look past #TheLOUT, and his wealth, affluence and "hotness". I know I wouldn't want II's babies to be rotten, spoilt brats. #NuffSaid

Me: And, so continued the endless debate of the world versus women (or the pointless debate of Feminist & FanGirl).

#Arya