#TheFeminist v/s #R&BFanGirl - An Eternal Battle - Page 4

Posted: 8 years ago
Review
Res
Fan girl vs feminist review coming soon.
As soon as I catch my breath, after reading again!

EDITED:

Nisha!

Before I let the crazies out... I just wanted to say...
You're amazing! 
You're actually giving US (#TheR&BFanGirls) a choice in the story... 
That's a rare, BEAUTIFUL treat, from any author... but most of all you... It just means so much to me. Thank you.

As for what gaana...
I think Sooraj Dooba Hai is an oddly appropriate song for R&B to dedicate to II... 
And, I'm totally with Poorna, that we should have II sing a Punjabi song (Maybe not Heer though, cuz it's actually a sad song).
Also...I think Sam should force II-R&B to do a completely cheesy couples' number like Ishq Hua (from Aaja Nachle)...
And... Completely deviating from Mehendi-Sangeet, I think Kabira is something II has to dedicate to R&B sometime in life (like, when they fight and he makes up by making love πŸ˜†)

I'm sure you'll pick the awesomest combo, even beyond our always-in-overdrive imaginations (as usual) πŸ˜ƒ

Now.

Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle 
on 'Perfect For You'

1. "What do you want?" 
(Feminist: Whattay beautiful way to greet Lanky-Overbearingly-Unsympathetic-Tool of a fianc [hereafter referred to as the LOUT]! You go, girl! πŸ₯³
FanGirl: Is this any way to greet your Handsome-Outstanding-Tall-Sexy Fianc [HOTS fits him, & my feelings for him, to a Tee] who's sneaked in to spend some personal one-on-one time with you?#OhTheAtrocity πŸ˜­
Me: Nisha, you stun once again with the opening line itself. You seem to be making a habit of it too! You had me hook, line and sinker at the first line itself [well... apart from the fact that the hook sank in about 7 threads ago])

2. The clothes descriptions...
(Me: So well-written... I love how you've highlighted the differences in them, and the role-reversal of sorts. II starting off more uncovered than R&B πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Feminist: #StruckSpeechless ::gulping in large mouthfuls of air::
FanGirl: #GatheringWits R&B in a kurta?! ::swooning::)

3. II's warning to R&B and 
"If thats true why are you so afraid?".
(FanGirl: Ayyooo!!! Semma cute!! She's so adorable when's she's frightened... But she's not even really afraid... it's more like an anticipatory fear... Not that I blame her.. If he was mine... I'd be lying in constant anticipation, fear ka pata nahi πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ #TotallyBesharamR&BFanGirl
Feminist: EXCUSE ME?! Why is he so hell bent of frightening her? Why is he cornering her when she is in such a vulnerable position? Shouldn't he respect the fact that she's uncomfortable, and maybe give her some space? 'Uncomfortable anticipation', my foot! #LOUT
Me: #StruckSpeechless ::looking dazedly between Feminist & FanGirl:: )

4. The MakingOut-While-Having-A-Spat...
(Me: This is almost so typically them that it doesn't surprise me anymore... R&B seems to sort out and deal with all his issues with physical intimacy. Possibly because that's the only time II will shut up πŸ˜†. 
But... This time... The differences in the two of them - their financial statuses, their upbringing, their families - were all there, subtly, but there nonetheless. One thing I'm definitely appreciating more is that II actually seems to be getting some reaction from R&B, on almost everything, even if it isn't direct/verbal. 
This one also highlighted the omnipresent struggle for the upper-hand that their relationship thrives on... It's definitely unhealthy for them... But something that they need to work out and through for themselves and each other... And, that's what I'm sure their marriage will bring to them...)

5. "...
lekin aapke liye sahi hain..." and II's interpretation
(FanGirl: Satyavachan! 
Feminist: Humph!
Me: It's amazing how even an outsider, so as to say, sees them as perfect for each other. It's actually an amazing insight into most relationships - what people see from the outside is just the surface [barely too], the insides are a lot more complicated and tangled up... 
Especially with II & R&B... They could work out beautifully, if only they'd come to a middle point... Both of them feel the need to be 'right', the one who's 'driving' things... II has let R&B run roughshod over her in many ways, and she's stuck adamantly to a few things herself... 
I'm still waiting for that #TheDhamaka when all of this is discussed. Openly. But. I know. It's something that will be a long time in coming. Probably in the middle of one of their post-marriage fights, all of these insecurities and inequalities will come tumbling out, as it does with most of us.)

That's about it for now.
And I realize I've written a LOT.
So I'm gonna shaddup now.

But. I'm lying in wait to pounce on the next update! πŸ˜†
Review
Res for Feminist v/s FanGirl

Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle on ' Sex Ed & Roar🀣☺️'

Firstly... Ivlavu per irukangu! Ellarodayum perum-relations confuse-aayi pochu   
(There are so many people! I've totally gotten confused in all the name and relations)
I'm honestly bad with names, faces and relations... So... I've decided I'll concentrate on Athais and Mamis and not their kids (who is who's kid, again?! ). 

Secondly, in a chapter stuffed with women, I doubt Feminist and FanGirl will have much warring to do. 
(Me: THANK GOD. Finally, I can speak to my heart's content. πŸ˜ƒOh wait. I already do. And even they are me technically. Damn. )

After the disclaimers...
Let's get this show on the road! πŸ₯³

1. "I only want to sleep ka" and the ribbing (and muttering from II) that followed... And the 'movie star' bit... And all the other ribbing courtesy of Vandu & Sam.
FanGirl: Haan Haan. Tujhe toh sone ki hi padi hogi. Aakhir tujhe R&B ke saath sone ki badi jaldi hai (Though, I doubt there will be much sleeping involved. Maybe a power-nap or two in between?) πŸ€£
Me: Sam, Vandu and II share this amazing bond... One that sometimes clicks within an instant of meeting, and sometimes takes years to grow into that level of comfort... What this part proved to me was that irrespective of whether II is the Iyer daughter or the Bhalla bahu, she will always, always have that one companion, who'll have the power to rib her, make her laugh and blush irrespective of the situation... an unshakeable ally, in all her crazy pursuits to change things around R&B and Ranjan... In Sam, II will find a Vandu of the Bhalla-Batra family. This was all the assurance I needed for II's survival at Malcha Marg. πŸ‘
(I am also kind of questioning my sanity after reading so much into them pulling II's leg) πŸ€£

2. II thinking about her latest spat with R&B.
FanGirl: Good for you. Think about it, re-think and then sulk. Humph. Poor R&B, eppo paatalum sandehataala thaan paatindu irrupe ne. (... you're always looking at him with doubt.) πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ#HopelessCase
Feminist: Woman. ENJOY your time with the ladies. Why waste your time thinking about#LOUT? Besides, you're going to be stuck with him soon... with no other choice but to face all his crap. Is this really how you wanna spend your last couple of days free of him? By sulking about him? πŸ˜•#GoPartyLikeALoon πŸ€ͺ
Me: ::sighs to self:: Jab banda saamne ho, toh jhagda karo. Jab woh nazron se door ho, toh usi jhagde ko pachtao. Thoda boring sa routine nahi ho raha hai, II? The good thing is... this routine is totally going to go for a toss. πŸ˜ˆ

3. The conversation between Amma and the Athais (and a mami?)
It's beautiful to see the interaction between Janaki Athai and Amma... especially... It highlighted that Amma has wholeheartedly accepted R&B as the perfect match for II... She realises and appreciates that II has truly found happiness with this man... She doesn't need to know the particulars, she sees that her daughter is satisfied with this man. That's all that counts to her. Especially, after the debacle that Subbu was. 
And, after all those pointed questions and jibes and taunts from Jaya Athai, I loved how Amma and Janaki Athai put her in place (so to speak) very sweetly. 
I've seen this happen so many times at all out large family gatherings... 
When some random relative of mine (sometimes even my Athai or her husband) talk about their kids who're in engineering, and then before they can sneeringly ask me what I'm doing these days... Ma (Or Dad or my Taata or Mami) will go "Oh! I've not at all heard of that engineering college!" πŸ˜† It's a sight to watch. 
I generally weave around all the people in such functions at home... watching all the subtle wars that are being waged and fires being lit πŸ€£ And, adding fuel here and there. πŸ˜ˆ

4. SexEd from Athai
Me: Before those two start warring within my head... I just had to say... #PricelesslyEPIC πŸ€£
FanGirl: Awww!! II ko sharam aa rahi hai? #SoAdorable #AwkwardAboutSex πŸ€£ Give R&B to me. I'll take him any way I can get. Even if he's not gentle. #HOTS 
Feminist: Humph. Athai! Who are you asking to be gentle? The Rakshasan? #LOUT? That advice is wasted on him. He can't even shave to save your poor kozhandai's skin. Why is he going to be gentle with her? πŸ€”

5. II's entry and R&B's reaction (the lack of it)
FanGirl: Ayyyooo!! She's so prettyyy! That everyone's looking at her. And, R&B needed support? His knees couldn't hold him up anymore? πŸ˜† #PerfectJodi πŸ˜‰ But why did he have to wear a boring sa T-shirt?! πŸ˜•
Feminist: Hello!! She's not a piece of meat being thrown into a cage full of hungry tigers. Why are all these people shamelessly gawking at her, huh? She's just a woman. A very pretty one. But still. Why make her feel awkward with all your staring?? #RoomFullOfNutcases 

Review
There is no Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle on 'Oh! Come bestow me life'

Feminist and FanGirl are sitting quietly in a corner... thinking over Kannamuchi.

1. II-R&B interaction, forced by Vandu.
R&B's lack of a response annoys me for some reason (yep, just like II). He could at least give her a half-smile, no? Why is he being such a #LOUT?
II deals with enough insecurities as it is... about his past relationships, his feelings for her, their vastly different backgrounds, his ability to stay interested in her, and that list is long. Why the need to add one more, about his physical interest in her? That was the only certainty she had. 
Yes, I understand it was possibly in reaction to their latest spat. But still.
Their relationship is doomed to fail if this goes on endlessly. But. As I've said in the one of my earlier reviews... There will be #TheDhamaka. Most likely in the middle of one of their spats or their making-up-by-making-love sessions... where all of II's insecurities will come tumbling out of her. Maybe then R&B will be forced to react. Even he can stay aloof only for so long, na?

2. "Lust and hostility was the hall mark of their relationship. It was like oxygen and water... one couldnt survive without the other. Fuel and match, the combination was deadly but came together nevertheless unfailingly"
So perfectly described. That's them, alright. I don't think any other words or phrases could've described them so perfectly. Beautiful. πŸ‘
In this combination of fuel and match... both burn passionately. But destroy each other as well. That is their condition now. πŸ˜’ II's destruction we witness regularly. R&B's is far more internalised.
I'm hoping that this will not be their case in the future. I couldn't stand for either of them to be destroyed by their relationship, tumultuous as it has always been.

3. Kannamuchi
A perfect, perfect, perfect song for II to dedicate to R&B. πŸ‘
The wordless communication between them was beautiful. It left me longing for more. 
"Yenn manam unnakenna vilayatu bommaya?" πŸ˜­ almost had me in tears... And then there was the erotic bit... and then the bit speaking almost perfectly of II's insecurities...
I've heard this song so many times... but never has it worked so spectacularly with any other situation/scene/story. 
Thank you. For the aptness of the song. For the indication that R&B does care, a lot more than he ever lets on. For Shravu pulling her pallu out. For Sam sending him the song earlier. For everything.

Thank you, Nisha, for Software Symphonies
Review
Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle on 'Savvy'

1. "He could hear what she was saying in her mind."
FanGirl: Ooohhh!!! So adorable! He blushed! AND. He knew she was calling him a Rakshasan in her head. Aren't they just perfect for each other? #TotalCuties #PURRfectJodi 
Feminist: #FeelingNauseated πŸ€’
Me: R&B blushing when people clapped for II πŸ€£ There was something so damn charmingly innocent about him in that instant... It drove home the fact that if II is inexperienced in terms of physical intimacy, R&B is inexperienced with regard to emotional intimacy, and even being bothered about what a person is feeling. 
He riles her up... because he loves seeing her all riled up... and he knows what riles her up... and how she gets riled up... And, trying to locate her after all that nautanki.. πŸ˜³
Whether he admits it to himself or not, he's in it for the long haul. And, he's far, far more invested than he's probably even admitted to himself. πŸ˜†

2. "...
he wondered how it would have been like if Ma had been around."
Feminist: The #LOUT is attached to his mother. Maybe he does have a redeeming quality after all.
#StruckSpeechless  πŸ₯Ί
FanGirl: ::silently crying:: πŸ˜­
Me: This was possibly the most touching moment in Software Symphonies so far. Why? We've seen Ranjan, Sam think of Savita, and how she would behave had she been alive now... This was the first time R&B did that. 
Somehow, it was poignant that it came on the first wedding related event being done in a Punjabi style. The setting was perfect for Savita's memories to translate into a virtual reality. And, the cherry on top was that it was through R&B.
R&B is finally, in his own twisted way, acknowledging to himself that II would have been his Ma's choice for him, had she been alive. II and his Ma... would've gotten along like a house on fire. And. He wishes that she'd been alive, to be able to hold his child someday.

3. "R&B stared at Amma she reminded her of his Ma..."
Me: Somehow, this line felt prophetic. Amma has accepted R&B whole-heartedly... But has he accepted her the same way? Will their relationship progress, and become the closest thing to a mother-son relationship that R&B can be a part of? Will she, after II of course, be armor? 

4. The Vandu-R&B camaraderie 
FanGirl: II should totally get jealous about this, the way she does about R&B-Shravu πŸ˜†#ShaitaaniDimaagAtWork πŸ˜ˆ
Me: If II has found an alliance with Sam, R&B has forged one with Vandu. Vandu has seen exactly how much power this man wields over her pattu kutti... She knows he is not exactly great at dealing with emotions, or verbalizing his emotions... She also knows that II will need that verbal assurance, even if not right now. She might end up being the mediator... the Switzerland, between II, R&B and their hostile love for each other. 

5. R&B-II silent convo, and II walking-away-but-not-quite-walking-away
FanGirl: ::humming to self:: ... Aankhon hi aankhon mein ishaara ho gayaa... baithe baithe jeena ka sahaara mil gayaa... haan... aankhon hi aankhon mein... #HappilyEverAfters 
Feminist: ::staring at FanGirl:: She's finally lost it, eh? #BatShitCrazy 
Me: Oh shaddup the two of you. Lemme savour this moment.  Yep, savoured it. Now lemme take it apart. πŸ˜† 
The hostility from their earlier conversation still holds, a teeny-weeny little bit... But, it's absolutely adorable that they even respond to each others' thoughts πŸ˜³ #FanGirlCreepingIn 
What I loved the most was that she had to come back to him, even after walking away. Seemed so symbolic. No matter what, they'll be back together. Even if she walks away, she can't. 
It seems like a crazy thing... Even if one person is exasperated and walks away, something or the other (one of them, their feelings, or totally external factors) will drive them back together again.

7. "Savvy"
Me: Ranjan watching II and R&B with Lasya... and seeing their future... was so oddly fatherly. We'd been deprived of that to  large extent, due to the distance that R&B has always maintained from his father. 
Ranjan was always longing for his son's closeness. Now, he longs for his son's daughter. And he longs for her to take after her mother and grandmother. And to bring back the joy in life that he'd lost with his wife.

Feminist v/s FanGirl : An Eternal Battle on 'Last night of  freedom'

1. II-Ranjan
Me: Coming immediately after Ranjan's longing for their daughter... II's concern for Ranjan, was like the soothing balm for the aches of his heart (God. I sound so corny. ). I remember II's guilt about no one asking after Ranjan's meals late one night... And, feel a sort of satisfaction, that she'll get his accustomed to someone caring for him regularly.
Then there comes the immense sorrow for the man... his family is broken, and he quite possibly holds himself responsible (or does he?)... and wishes that things could be repaired. That everyone could be together, unbroken. That II will change things.  

2. Ishita Iyer's wandering mind
Feminist: Are you crazy?! You're next to your future father-in-law, fantasizing about your bedroom habits and possibilities after you're married to HIS son. You creepy, crazy, insane, mad woman! πŸ˜²
FanGirl: Aaaye haaayyyeee!! Main mar jaawaaan! Finally. You're  behaving like a normal female in/around R&B's vicinity. I totally don't blame you for fantasizing. I know for sure that if I could put a face to his facelessness, I'd be doing the same. You're so, so, so lucky you exist in his world, and have actually seen him. ::sighs wistfully:: 

3. The forced hug
FanGirl: Ayyooo!!! So cute! ::blushes:: #AdorablenessHappening
Feminist: Ermmm. Ermmm. Errr. ::waves and runs away::
Me: Far, far more adorable than II & R&B, are the members of their crazy, combined families. In the build-up to the hug... Manny's excuse. Amma's approval πŸ˜† (Yeh family badi "modern" hai, ek minute SexEd, doosri mein PDA-approved πŸ˜‰). Sam and Vandu in cahoots, as usual. Tanmay's pleading and his reason πŸ€£. 
And when they're about to... Manny-Sam-Vandu the giggling-teenage-girls trio. Bala-Tanmay the "girls-have-cooties" boys. Awkward Appa. Amma turning away, and distracting Chachi. 
The hug itself? I have absolutely no words left for it.

I'm all worded out.
::releases a breath::

Originally posted by Arya1991

Ladies!

Two of the 'res' have been 'un-res-ed'. 
One more res to un-res. And then six chapters to review. 

Sex Ed & "Roar"
Oh! Come bestow me life

After 'Oh! Come bestow me life'... I couldn't resist editing my previous artwork to include that quote...

Review? on 'Kashi Yatra & Beaches of Normandy'

"Satisfied with what he saw he left her..."
My heart is doing funny things. Palpitations. To loud tabla beats. 

"Vendaam vittu kudukkade ippo vitte na raatriyum nee daan vittu kudukkanum"
Pfft. Whatever anyone says. Whoever wins. Doesn't matter.
He's going to be the winner at night.

Edited by Arya1991 - 8 years ago
Review, I think.
Nisha! 
Ooof. You knocked my breath out of me. πŸ‘
Every moment was packed, emotionally and literally. 
Your ability to convey emotions without flowery words or embellished actions is beyond compare.

My last couple of reviews feel oddly like a prophecy fulfilled to me, with II seeing Vandu in Sam & Appa in Ranjan and R&B seeing Ma in Amma. ::tears of joy:: πŸ˜‰

The SoSy wedding is a wedding that I've actually been anticipating. 
Far, far more than I've anticipated any other non-fictional weddings. πŸ˜†
And. For making it so spectacularly worth all the anticipation. I promise you, that by the end of your weekend, I will write the longest review I've written so far, covering the entire wedding if possible.

Thank you. For giving us the honour of reading such a beautiful and marvellously written story. 
πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ
Not quite a full-fledged review

Nisha!
You're trying to kill all of us, aren't you?

Ever heard of AutoEroticAsphyxiation?
You've caused a new one - BibilioErotic Asphyxiation (totally made up that one)
And. I just realised I'm mostly going to die because of that and you're to blame.
Such hotness. And that too not even so explicit.
I swear, my heartbeats are like a hummingbird's wings, fluttering away at blurred pace.
And I'm breathing like I was the one R&B was working on. Panting, more likely.
Personal fave was him suckling on her taali.

And. All this gushing is just for the last bit.
I just couldn't hold back!

Another MiniReview
Ayyyooo!!!!!
The palpitations have begun to gather speed, as the anticipation of THE SuhaagRaat grows.

I was out buying groceries with dad a couple of hours back. And. Suddenly I was hit with the realisation that II's daily life and routine will not be the same anymore. She's not going to wake up at DII and come back there every night. She's not going have to lie to make out with her Rakshasan. 
It's going to a whole new phase.

It's a bittersweet feeling. Like II, I've also been looking forward to this moment. The story has been building up to this too. 
Now. We leave the familiar behind. New lives and routines (for II), and new crescendos (for me as a reader).
And. New unexplored, undiscovered territories of physical, emotional and relationship intimacies (for R&B, II & FanGirl).

Thank you, Nisha.
You've given me a parallel world to exist in, and escape to.
One more MiniReview (This was after "What's your Thatha's name?" and Suhaag Raat)
Nisha.
It's official. You are evil.
Why?
I just about manage to catch my breath after the previous one.
And you give this FULL TOSS straight at my heart. And. Lungs, of course.

Not that that's an altogether bad thing.
It's so true to the SoSy legacy. 
Some parts go straight for the heart strings, some knotted my stomach (she lost count of the orgasms... that many?!!!). And some had me laughing like a hyena. Altogether, I'm all out of breath.
Every single thing has two extreme and opposite reactions.
I'd have died for this update. And I'm dying (due to joy and a lack of breath) because of it. πŸ˜†