Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Review

Nisha,

We're on page 149.
Pudu thread-oda linka kudungo! πŸ˜†
We absolutely refuse to let you not continue this πŸ˜›

As for those lines by Alfred Lord Tennyson... 
That was an edited version...

Here's the original.
" Half the night I waste in sighs.
Half in dreams I sorrow after
The delight of early skies;
In a wakeful doze I sorrow
For the hands, the lips, the eyes,
For the meeting of the morrow
The delight of happy laughter,
The delight of low replies."

I thought this perfectly described how II and R&B felt about each other... especially since their relationship was almost purely physical when it started...
And. It perfectly depicts the search for that elusive, purr-fect R&B.

You've managed to create a character who has absolutely no parallel. 
And, that is extraordinarily amazing. And. Spectacular.

I like that word.
Spectacular. Like you.
Edited by Arya1991 - 8 years ago
Arya1991 thumbnail
Review 

Partttaaayyy!!!
πŸ₯³
Congrats on Thread 4, Nisha!

It's been an AMAZING journey so far (and I'm sure in the future too) every step (chapter) of the way.
I'm glad that I actually got to be a part of it... even if only as a reader (and a kind of crazy stalker too).
And. You're simply spectacular.

It's beautiful how you always manage to convey such intense emotions without overt-emotional sequences or verbal disclosure. So close to how it actually is in real life.

Bally, in Soaps & Stars, reminds of Dad. 
Namma aatila, Ammavum naanum jaasti TV soaps ippo paakiradda ille... (At our house, Amma & I don't watch too many TV shows now)
Aana (but), Dad still follows all the shows that Ma & I used to watch earlier πŸ˜†

Amma's agreement was in the works for the last 3-4 chapters... In all those subtle questions and reactions of hers... And today, it almost came out in words without actually doing so. 

I'm going to have to buy a thesaurus to find words to describe your writing.
Till then, you'll have to make do with the same word time & again.
Beautiful.
Arya1991 thumbnail

Nishaaa!!!

Horoscopes matched!!!!
Dil khush ho gaya! 

Now I'm looking forward to see how they handle Appa now. 
Disgruntled Appa cribbing about being browbeaten and bullied was so adorably hilarious! 
But. I am really qondering how they'll convince him. And what if they don't manage to?

It's great how you've managed to show II's independent streak even where her worry for her relationship with her family is at play... in her wondering if she'd be able to come back home if she ran away. She's something. 
πŸ˜† 

R&B and II will never quite stop fighting professionally, eh? 
I think this will be interesting. Especially once they get married.
Maybe they'll resolve them in the bedroom! πŸ˜† 

all in all.
lovely, lovely updates. And beautifully written. As usual.

much love,
Arya Edited by Arya1991 - 8 years ago
Arya1991 thumbnail
Review on
AYYYOOO!!!!!
3/7 jaadagum (horoscope) 92-97% match, from Iyer end. And Sam kuduthadum match aachu. (The one sam gave also matched)

Akka sonnada seri thaan. II-ku avaloda Rakshasan kitta irundu yaarum kaapata mudiyathu.
(Akka was right in what she said. No one can rescue II from her Monster)

It was amazing, how II kept thinking of how THEIR future would be. Not hers or his, but their collective future.
It's also amazing how you've shown all the insecurities and indecisions that a girl might face prior to her wedding.

If only Appa could see how happy R&B makes his baby girl. And how much his anger is hurting her.

Bala is awesome. So smartly asking if they could invite the Bhallas & the Batras over, to discuss the wedding date. Whattay sly devil!
That also made me wonder... R&B-oda "randu vaarum" promise fulfil aaguma? (Will R&B's "two weeks" promise be fulfilled?)

That last bit... Between Ranjan and R&B... Seemed so poignant... Highlighted the differences between the two, especially in the professional context... Ranjan mixed his personal life with his work (no puns intended) while R&B kept it painfully dissociated from the other. 

Makes me wonder... How will II and R&B sort out their professional differences after the marriage? And after their wedding, will II and R&B stay apart (when he's working in Paris/elsewhere) or will he move back to India and set up Argent Graines here?

Chahe kuch bhi ho...
Shaadi ke baad toh har roz bomb phatega. 
 If not in the boardroom or anywhere public, at the very least in their bedroom(or over phone)!

Can't wait for their wedding and married life!

P.S. Loved how both of them, and Shravu, love potatoes.
I love potato too. But am now living in the constant fear of hating it cuz that's what my hostel serves everyday.

Arya1991 thumbnail
Review 
Nisha,

I have no words to express the beauty of the updates you've given us today.

The Appa-R&B conversation... 
It made me realise that I'd only be happy with a guy who could respect Dad this much, and is willing to accommodate him as much as R&B with Appa.
II is an extremely lucky girl. πŸ˜­
She's her Appa's Princess alright. But her Prince respects her & her Appa just as much. 

R&B stole my heart that little bit more today. πŸ˜³
(Well, I don't think there's much left to give to him.He owns most of it already!)

As for Vandu, she was brilliant. 
Only a daughter can trap her father in is own words. 
And that's exactly what she did!
πŸ‘ 
::cough:: Satan ::cough::

And. Shravu is just perfect. 
Avan II pinnadi nadakumbode nenechen, yedo golmaal panraanu. 
(When he was walking around behind II itself, I knew he was going to do some golmaal)
Spawn of Satan. 
(And the nephew of the consort of the Devil).
He's got a rich heritage to live up to.

Looking forward to more Appa-R&B, Shravu-II, Shravu-R&B, Vandu-II, Vandu-Bala-Appa, Iyers-Bhallas-Batras interactions. πŸ˜‰
And, of course, II-R&B is a default. πŸ˜†

Edited:
Ayyooyyyooo! 
THANK YOU!
I just saw you'd taken my post with the poem from Tennyson onto the endorsements. 
πŸ₯³
Second post of mine on Endorsements!!!!
πŸ₯³ 
Arya1991 thumbnail
Review

EDITED:

"Will you be faithful to Ishita?"
"Absolutely!" 

R&B had me at that. I'm sure he had Appa too.
After all that conversation, Appa came to the crux of the matter. And R&B replied exactly as only he could - succint and direct.

And. In the end... the Amma-Appa convo...
The very fact that Appa noticed R&B smiled only when II & Shrauv were mentioned...That should, if nothing else, help convince him that this marriage can work. 

"She will be happy and safe with me"

Appa wants to be sure that his daughter will be taken care of, that she will be safe. 
I'm hoping that slowly, surely, eventually Appa will be able to trust R&B fully. It's unlikely that it'll happen overnight... but still...
Yenna aanalun... (whatever happens)
Appa will eventually (maybe when R&B finally convinces II to have Baby#1[of 3πŸ˜†]) accept R&B as the right partner for his chella kozhandai (darling child), the way Amma has finally seen it.

R&B has this amazing ability to convey so much, with so little. 
He almost had me in tears with those (above) dialogues (or it might just be PMS).

Loved it.
Looking forward to the next update. πŸ˜‰

And. Please give this PMS-ing druggie her drug fix on time. 
Withdrawal symptoms thaanga mudiyala! (Can't bear the...)

Review 2 

Hahahaha!

Forget BayArea Srikanth!

Appavoda semathu kutti yenna kammiyaa? (Appa's good/innocent/darling child is any less?)
R&B ke saath bandh kamre (optional that too) mein kya hota hai... 
Yeh math poochna! πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Uss naalaayak Subbu ke saath bhi toh kiya tha. 

Bas humara R&B... ethical hone ki wajah se honest hai. 

Paavam Appa... questioning R&B without knowing how (s)experienced his daughter is! πŸ˜†πŸ˜›

But... this line cracked me up totally!
 πŸ€£
"No" (he did not complete the line with "Not those that I KNOW OF") "None" he said.
Arya1991 thumbnail
Review on Kurti Thief

Uncanny coincidence Arya, u AND II☺️
Ayyyooo!!! Cho Chweeettt!
Thank you, Nisha. For making II PMS, like us real women (and not those crazy movie-heroine types who're always nauseatingly pleasant, and sweet) and for adding my name with the chapter title (I'm totally taking a screenshot, printing it in A3 size and framing it πŸ˜†)

You've made my day. Thank you. So, so, so much.

Now. Coming to the chapter.

II-Vandu convos are always something I look forward to... I don't have an elder sibling... But I can see the ribbing-teasing-consoling-supporting-everything relationship I share with my bestie. πŸ‘
There's something extremely adorable in II cribbing about R&B, but then immediately reverting when Vandu suggests marrying a GoodIyerBoy.

I wish I had an R&B of my own... to drive me around... to carry my bags... to piss me off... to kiss me, and stroke my stomach, when I'm PMS-ing... to indulge my whims... to not let me pick fights... to quietly understand I'm PMS-ing... 
I want an R&B. πŸ˜­

R&B kedakela na, at least inno oru updateaavudu kuden. (If I can't find R&B, at least give me one more update)
Kenji kekrein. (I beg of you.) πŸ˜­

Arya1991 thumbnail
Review 

Such a lovely start to the day!
Pure II-R&B!!

They did end up watching the movie.
And. She still ended up losing her 'pride'. πŸ˜†
As far as II is concerned, there's no winning against R&B.
Yenga ponalum, yenna pannalum... avan avala vidave maatan! πŸ€£
(No matter where she goes, what she does... he's never letting her go!)

I loved the convo about II's PMS... right from R&B demanding to know the dates too II conveying Vandu's suggestion to him. πŸ€£

Where she's talkative, he's quiet.
Where she's confused, he's decisive.
Where she's cranky, he's perceptive.
They're like the Yin to the other's Yang. 

And.
It's beautiful how you convey all that and more, using just the subtlest, most common, daily actions that all of us use. πŸ‘
I really do look forward to the day you publish the Software Symphonies, so that I can have a compiled collection of all the chapters together. β˜ΊοΈ

Again. 
Two words: 
Spectacular. 
Beautiful.
Arya1991 thumbnail
Review 

There's something extremely charming in the way R&B treats and handles II.
When she wants him to share dessert, he does so by eating her share, from her lips. When she wants to go down, he lets/makes her drag him along almost. When she looks to him for cues on how to interact with his father, he lets her navigate this waters as she wishes to. 
There's this mix of possessiveness, independence, care, empowerment of/for II there... It's so well-balanced and seamless. 

Ranjan Bhalla was calling out to his son and soon-to-be-bahu. In that convo, his loneliness comes across like a slap to the face. His son won't talk to him, or acknowledge him. He's hoping at least II coming in will change that. That maybe his bahu won't hate him like his son does. That she'll let him be a part of their life.

Only a mother can be so perceptive. Knowing where her daughter is coming from. And song the joy she's trying to contain within herself. 

I have to say this again. 
In every small everyday action, you display a plethora of emotions & memories that run very deep.
You are incredible. I wish I that someday I am able to convey so much emotion with so few words. 
Arya1991 thumbnail
Review
Nisha!

Naan inda chapter (Willing Captive) patti mattum yeyuda poren ippo...

In my family, and in my close circles...I've never seen a father having to part with his darling daughter for a man of her choice... I've seen mostly arranged marriages, which have then become love. 

Even in the marriages I've seen... Where the Fathers are sure they're still their daughters' favourite men, there's always the sense of losing your baby to someone else. 
What else can I expect from Appa? His baby girl, his chella kozhandai, has chosen a man for herself. A man who's so willful and independant, that he's always led a life independent of his family's wealth. 
As Appa sees it... This man, who's managed to keep his own family at a distance, is now in possession of his daughter's heart and has almost total control over her...What chance does this Iyer family stand when the Bhallas didn't? 

I think that's where II will prove everyone wrong. 
Yes. She loves R&B, and she'll ultimately give in to him. 
But she's also her own person.
Where R&B is a lone ranger, II is incredibly close to her family. 
And with this marriage, his family will also be a part of her family...
I'm looking forward to seeing how she will affect the dynamics of the Bhalla family. 

Appa is not worried without reason. 
His baby, as far as R&B is concerned, has lost all rhyme and reason. 
He's worried that he'll lose her, or that he's already lost her, to him. 

Beautiful. Spectacular. Again.