SS 60 Good News - Page 73

Posted: 8 years ago
Thank you Suria for liking the lines and finding respite amid calls. If it can add a reason to smile well worth the effort.
Kajal when you know somebody misses you...make it a point to rise and shine...i must have worried about chennai in my subconscious state...i saw a student and my brother up and responding to posts...good time to hang out especially since i went to bed just after page 88.😉
Sonal i am up by quarter to 4. My mind is alert to think and respond to posts from folks i mentor. Sometimes after reading my mind needs a bit of processing time. I get that when i write. i catch up on a power nap during travel somedays both ways and get uninterrupted sleep for 5 hours its enough...last week Putti mentioned update may arrive by 11 so dont stay up. I went to bed at 9 woke 11 update arrived...read...went back to sleep. I have never used an alarm. Follow my body dicates to work and sleep. I cant stay up till 12 on new years...but reading i can😉
Welcome back Kalpana hope you had a refreshing holiday and your Molagukozhambu makes me crave for it in wet weather.

I hate Chores...especially when it's gray and raining and dull and cold! 
Creditors & Assets

"Janaki Athai has a doctor appointment tomorrow, Amma is taking the
afternoon off and driving her from Janakpuri to Safdarjung Hospital, Amma Appa hadnt taken
Thatha Paati's (Bala's parents)blessings after Diwali, Thatha is a good 10 years older than Appa
They always show every year (instinctively she held the third button from top on his shirt, like she did at night many times while narrating
her work day, twisting and rotating it as if it were the old fashioned radio tuner, her volume going up and down)Athai and her hubs didnt come here tonight
Athim's Appa took Janaki Athai's husband's glasses to read the newspaper on the stage when the havan was happening, at Akka's wedding,
and accidentally put it in his pocket, BUT returned later, but there was a fight so Janaki Athai's husband doesnt talk with Athim's Appa
Not a fight... an argument... (she corrected herself)
So they just went to Janakpuri... and since even
I didnt stay much yesterday so Akka asked me if I wanted to come, she makes great tomato chutney, its simple dinner at her house
Shravu needed help with a science project so I thought why not come in early and go get stuff from the Malviya Nagar school
supplies store for making a poster board about, two topics "Which Foods will mold the fastest" Akka already set a bunch of things to mold
like cheese banana and bread, or the second topic was "Investigate the motion of a pendulum", I didnt buy the markers, he lost all my favorite
colors already, school start aayi moonu maasathla (school's been on for 3 months)
already blue and dark pink are lost, (she did a kaapish with her left spatula holding hand, her right still holding his button)
 khaana khakar neeche Khurana book store jaakar laane waali thi
Amma asked me to make dosa for everybody, Akka is finishing up his spelling test prep, adunaala (thats why) I came here from work.
Appa says I am not close to Akka like I used to be, so maine socha aaj yaha aati hoon"

She paused TO CATCH HER BREATH

"Is there more?" he asked

She quickly released his button and  blurted "Noo! No" she said

Suddenly self conscious... and began to sneeze... lifting her arm and politely sneezing into the crook
"Good grief" she drives me insane" he thought, groaning inaudibly

He still didnt have the answer to his question as to what was pissing her off last night

Pulled a tissue out from her cleavage and sniffled...

"Dont worry I will wash my hands before making dosai" she said

If he wasnt infuriated he would have laughed... she was endearing and innocent and normal, she didnt try to act "cool or  posh" like some of his women friends did

She wore Akka's nightie from her pregnant days, II was over 5'8 almost 5'9"?
Akka was barely 5'5" Akka's longest nightie was above her ankles

He exhaled as if he had just completed a marathon

He was baffled, he had no idea how anyone could TALK SO MUCH
She realized she was still feeding Appa and Thatha

She squirmed

"20 minutes" he said firmly, and her face changed color... she shut her eyes... and shuddered

He SERIOUSLY did not know of one person that would speak SO MUCH at being told "NOT to say a word"

"I havent finished Shravu's" she protested

"Shhh" he ordered laying a finger on her lips

"20 minutes" he said

He stepped back and watched her go

Akka stepped out
"Zinda hai?" "Chalo theek hai" Akka smiled

"Po ka" II dismissed

"ADI PAAVI avan kaadla see vandirukum, ennadi sonney, ONE HOUR?" (His ears wud have bled what the hell did u narrate?)

"Nothing" said II

"Vadivel solra madiri nee nothing ay one hour arutha, something evlav nazhi di?" (Like the Tamil comedian Vadivel says, if ur nothing is one hour how long will something be?)

"Go pamper him" II grumbled

"Baith na" Akka called out to him

He was dressed in navy cargo trousers and a yellowish cotton shirt with rolled up sleeves

"Thanks Vandita" he hugged her politely

II peeked

"Do u want dosa?" she asked washing her hands

He only shook his head, Akka brought him baldie, he washed his hands on the dining room blue pedestal wash basin
It always leaked he wrestled with it for 5 mins

"Adu moodadu" (It wont close) II told her husband peeking out of the tiny kitchen

Akka burst out laughing... assuming II was commenting abt herself

"I am leaving" II warned

"Sorry da sorry da" Akka begged

II turned away pissed

WHY DID HE COME HERE?
DID HE GO TO D II?
I SHOULD FIND NEW HIDEOUTS
RAKSHASAN
YOU WORE HIM DOWN FOR AN HOUR WITH THAT MONOLOG
HES PROBABLY WEAK, GO SMACK HIS HEAD WITH THE TAVA
HE WONT LAST LONG

II chuckled and paused pouring the batter...

HE PROBABLY THINKS U LOOK LIKE A MIDDLE CLASS HOUSEWIFE

UMM YAAA

She poured oil, and gently lifted a corner, she saw golden brown and heard a paper like rustle, she slid the spatula all underneath
LIKE SLIDING MY FEET UNDER HIS LEGS AT NIGHT
And tossed, it crackled and slid on the steaming tava

The kitchen was hot and sweaty not at all like November

she made a couple more, she liked to serve in style, she used up all of akka's "fine china"

Akka's kitchen was a mess, with three oldies partying by themselves every afternoon

Nothing was arranged symmetrically, the counter was full of bowls and pots and pans
The gas was old and dull
The sink was over flowing

II poured the 4th dosa and took two plates into Shravu's room

"Yaar kanna" Appa asked, taking the plate

"Avan" II mumbled blushing

"Vaddi kaaranatam thorathinde varaan" "Aval vandu two hours aahale" "What is wrong with him I say?"Appa roared
(like a loan shark asking for interest he chases  her all the time, she has barely been here two hours)

Thatha peeked and saw the "tall boy wandering" holding Shubhang

"Avanoda asal nee vechindrikke" (U have his principal/asset) Thatha said crisply, hinting at II
If Thatha wasnt Appa's samdhi Appa would have dealt him a Muhammad Ali like blow

Originally posted by taramira

I hate Chores...especially when it's gray and raining and dull and cold! 

Are u kidding?
Rain or shine I hate chores😡

Appa please give his Asal asap..
Otherwise the loanshark will take compound interest from you...
Tik Tik..
20 mins..
The countdown starts..
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Are u kidding?
Rain or shine I hate chores😡

Same pinch Nisha...except cooking I wish I had a magic wand...😕