Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: moonwearer

Amazing post to share Dristi. Loved the authenticity of the narrative. Spoken from the heart.  Thank you Namratha.

Thank you SRI. We had a discussion on the thread a couple of days ago, right? And then I went and saw some posts and opinions on FB. It kind of seemed like the media had twisted his words. N the constant hurling of abuse towards him only justified his point. Felt like maybe I was thinking on the wrong track. But this post completely validated all my experiences and perception. Assam has actually been historically, relatively more tolerant than most parts of the country. And so I find it even harder to relate to such topics of intolerance. I so agree with this lady's post. How on earth is Kiran Rap feeling insecure? By just reading some news? 
When the Nirbhaya incident happened I was horrified and ashamed of those fellow country men who were the perpetrators. Does that mean I condemn humanity in India in general? Feel unsafe in Guwahati because of an incident in Delhi? I agree we've had incidents here, too n I would probably base any apprehension I may have on those. Not on Delhi. 
SparkleV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
When i think or go back to the timd when nirbhaya case happened!
It gives me goosebumps, we all were scared deep inside, parents were horrified , and girls almost lost their courage, and then we found a different Delhi, Boys, they were the majority who protested against those criminals. My classes were on till 10 pm, and our guy friends took responsibility to drop us at home from metro stations to our address. The environment was too dangerous, very high possibilities were there, that there can be huge violent rallies and riots! buses with black mirrors were destroyed at every mohalla.
Newspapers didnt actually told what happened with her since the cruelty was that high it may disturb people, Arvind kejriwal was playing his politics blaming sheila dixit and she was visiting safdarganj on daily basis to meet nirbhaya and her parents.
and few gurujiz were blaming the girl for being out at 10pm with bf, talking about her bf, he is one of the greatest person alive, every news channel was offering him lakhs for an hour to elaborate and cry on their news channel, he didnt took any option, except of zee tv, he appeared once, told everything that he is upset from people the most, coz she died bcoz of dust infection since she was at road for 2 hrs and nobody came for rescue.

We experienced the worst dec-Jan that time.

And in dec 2015, the juvenile is coming out! nirbhaya parents are filing petitions to stop his release... not to forget he has done maximum damage to that poor girl. He can do such crime at that age but cant be jailed coz of age.

again sry for the Rant.
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Empty vessel Subbhu's mom...translation soon

Vethuvettu

Than kashtathay maraithu sirithu pazhagum aval

Indru azhaya virundhaaliyudan alavalavittu

Iraiarul vendi malai kovil erinaal.

Ange sandhitha pazhaya ninaivugalai kilari punpadutha thai sei

Than izhaipai enni sei varundha avan seiyai ival vaanga

Kelvi pala kettu illa uravu kondadi natpu paarati

Veen pechu pesum moodhati

Karam koopi iravanai sindhithu vazhipattal

Pirarai varuthi pazhakappattavalukku mella kidaithadhu aval

Than magan perumai maarthatti thambattam adithu

Pirar patri igazhndhu koivil podhu idam endra ennam illa

ingidham attra veen savadaal huthal varthaigalai velli vara

Vazhaipazhathil oose ethinaar pol periappa patriya otporuludan

Thaeozhugha aval etriya visham valiyal aval manam thudika

Maariya aval mugam kandu enna endra avan kavalai

Mandhagasa punagaiudam sadhithuvitta irumaapil thel

SparkleV thumbnail
I dont want to defame my city, People are supportive here and it's not that suffering to live here, but when i hear from my Hyderabad based friend that her father says he wont give his any daughter in delhi! Its saddening.
In last 4 years, the perception to see delhi is changed, and i agree dilli badli bhi hai!
Yesterday i saw India map from common view of people, they have marked delhi as unsafe, Galat bhi nahi hai wo, but dekh ke bura lagta hai!
SparkleV thumbnail
I was very bold like we girls dont need to be protected and we can care for ourselves, yh wo... but now when parents asks to take bro or guy frnd with you after 7 pm, i cant actually refuse! 😆
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I agree Vibhu it is very disheartening to see the cities we live in turn to be so unsafe. I had a habit since childhood to be the first to read the newspaper.Its 4 years  since i have dropped the habit as i do not feel ok to begin the day with depressing news items. I scan the highlights on Yahoo.
I worry of the safety of children who are not safe even in their homes and schools.It is better to be cautious and careful.
dristi64 thumbnail
I'm so sorry you had to go through such trauma VIBHU. Truly am. We are free and yet, not. Napoleon said it right that the world suffers a lot; not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of the good people. We take too long to take a stand (in the name of tolerance sometimes) and that makes all the difference.😒
SparkleV thumbnail
Originally posted by: moonwearer

I agree Vibhu it is very disheartening to see the cities we live in turn to be so unsafe. I had a habit since childhood to be the first to read the newspaper.Its 4 years since i have dropped the habit as i do not feel ok to begin the day with depressing news items. I scan the highlights on Yahoo.

I worry of the safety of children who are not safe even in their homes and schools.It is better to be cautious and careful.

Actually no one is safe, child abuse se lekar road rage! to end someone's life nobody thinks twice.
I attended a workshop where they told us what kind of mental trauma a rape victim suffers! After listening to them, knees refused to get up from seats.
SparkleV thumbnail
Originally posted by: dristi64

I'm so sorry you had to go through such trauma VIBHU. Truly am. We are free and yet, not. Napoleon said it right that the world suffers a lot; not because of the violence of bad people, but because of the silence of the good people. We take too long to take a stand (in the name of tolerance sometimes) and that makes all the difference.😒

😒

dristi64 thumbnail
Originally posted by: SparkleV

Actually no one is safe, child abuse se lekar road rage! to end someone's life nobody thinks twice.
I attended a workshop where they told us what kind of mental trauma a rape victim suffers! After listening to them, knees refused to get up from seats.

Some of my friends had to work on such cases. My cases were tame compared to those. I still shudder thinking about them. ðŸ¥±