SS 60 Good News - Page 110

Posted: 8 years ago
Read the article completely, guys no space for political parties & religions here. U will b inspired ,,,,,,

Biju Vargheese
Yesterday at 10:32am
The Spirit Of Chennai
==================
While the entire nation is debating on the "Non-sense" called "Intolerance", there is humanity at its best in Chennai. I can tell this for sure because, I stay in Qatar and my family (wife and 2 kids aged 11 and 7) are in Chennai. With all the floods and problems, I am getting the message from them, "We are safe".
In the wake of calamity, Chennai is "One". It has only one religion, "Humanity"; It has only one enemy, "Water"; there is only one aim "Help". And they did it in style. When they were offering help, they didn't ask whether you are "Hindu" or a "Christian" Or a "Muslim". They didn't ask whether you are "Rich" or "Poor". They didn't ask whether you are a "Tamlian", "Malayalee", "Telugu", "Kannadiga" or "North Indian". Only one question they asked; "Do you need any help?"
The rich people; my neighbors who never interacted with anybody in the neighborhood in last 4 years; opened the gates of their huge house. The man stood outside and welcomed people to his house. "We will eat whatever we have. We will share whatever we have. You can stay here until the water recedes"; that all he had said.. He accommodated around 35 people in his house. He is a Hindu Brahmin. He provided mat for the Muslims to do Namaz. He allowed Christians to pray in his Pooja room.
There were volunteers outside helping people to reach safe places. They used anything and everything as tool; until the army people reached. Once the experts came, they gave the leadership to the more experienced and helped them to help others. My wife told me that, there were group of people going through the streets with neck deep water and asking "Sir / Madam, do you need any help?" in front of every house. They provided whatever help they can and they distributed food and essentials. There were groups providing cellphone batteries for 5 minutes to anybody who want to talk.
I have seen people fight for food when there is a calamity. Even the most modern countries, when there is a calamity, people fight for food. They think only about themselves at that time. But, when the food was distributed in Chennai, it was calm. People stood in queues and they have given food for the people who are not able to stand in queues (elderly, mothers and kids). They brought boats. They made temporary rafts and just went on helping people.
On top of all these things, this is what my kids are seeing. This is what they are learning. How to help each other at the time of need. It goes straight into their brain. The images gets implanted there. And then, when there is another calamity, they know what to do.. How to survive.. How to get help and how to help others... This is what I want my kids to learn.. Humanity, without boundaries...
There is no wonder that, Chennai is one of the oldest cities in the world. It has survived everything thrown at it.. It will definitely remain so for ever. They are united. They can beat anything.. They can survive anything...
I am a proud Chennaite... I will never forget this in my life! A city which gave me and my family safety in the hour of need.. Thank you Chennai!.. Thank you Indian Army ! Thanks you India!!!

This is real spirit of India. India is one.
Got that message on what's app. People there may know better. Shared since it made sense to me.
Originally posted by shidin0117

Hi putti...
It will surely be dude's turn now...and we r not blaming the kids when the parents are at fault...it's all genetic...
Blame the genes πŸ˜‰
Shilpa

LOL, I am asking that question to Dude n II..
Ok when Cuties Christmas holidays are starting n what's your plan?
Pritee thanks for sharing the article...when we read all thiswe can retain that hope everything's is not lost...for all the bad Evil or negativity there exists good and postivity. I love my country with all its warts...people. ...politicians change their mindset...set a good example for the younger generation. 
Sri really admire and appreciate the way you are setting the example and all the efforts.πŸ‘

Vikas, wish you have pleasant journey and good time back home. Enjoy your Christmas and new year with family.

Nisha, SVM, Kalpana, siddhi read your posts. Wish religion was something which we followed for our own good instead of having had to propagate about it.
Originally posted by putti77

Shilpa

LOL, I am asking that question to Dude n II..
Ok when Cuties Christmas holidays are starting n what's your plan?

Putti they usually have hols starting from 24th to 1st. No plans as such now...kutti girl may have her first dance performance and annual day celebrations in school
My daughter is so excited about her dance performance...she's been learning dance from two years😊 . It will be her first on stage though it's a group performance ...
Wants to dress up in all the bharatnatyam attire...

Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
Good Luck Kajal, Dristi and all those due for their exams.
Originally posted by shidin0117

My daughter is so excited about her dance performance...she's been learning dance from two years😊 . It will be her first on stage though it's a group performance ...
Wants to dress up in all the bharatnatyam attire...

Awww I can imagine her excitement because I ws sooo similar whn I ws kiddooo...And Bharatnatyam costumes are so beautiful but kinda heavy whn u wear all the ornaments! I strtd learning dance at the age of 4.5 - 5 yrs.😊 

Goodluck to her Shilpa Di n im sure she will rock ittt!😊