Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Asma
As I give  more thought to what your first mentor said to you I wonder
HOW can you NOT love your job? How can you give it 100% without loving it? Where there is love, you feel emotions of anxiety, anger frustration and unrequited feelings.

How can you perform to your fullest when you are indifferent and constantly remind yourself you are a mere cog in the wheel? I feel a job is like a marriage, a good marriage requires EMOTIONAL commitment as much as physical and psychological. How can you show up at your job and act like you dont care?

I was once laid off from a job, due to WFR (work force reduction) I was an emotional mess due to the withdrawl symptoms, I would get dreams of getting ready and going to work, many times I would drive into the site inadvertently and realize I am no longer employed

Passion and emotions separate us from animals, HOW can we be devoid of it?

I am sorry I strongly disagree with your mentor, I am glad it did not leave lasting effect on you, you could have lost all your enthusiasm to pursue your career faced with such harsh advice...

Signed
Puzzled in Podunk town

Nisha i read Asma's post first thing when i reached work. It set me thinking and the next thing i did was order the book she mentioned. I feel like you that when we love what we do we bring in great energy to what we do. We create a legacy and that lives on. What JRD left behind is that. I have nether seen him or am in anyway connected yet i feel that people like him are worth idolising and their work ethics and life principles worth emulating. The attitude and passion the energy people infuse i find hard to replace unless we find somebody of greater drive to fit the role.
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
AASHU??? well, glad to have another one on board. πŸ˜ƒ
Hope you aren't into custody battles for the kids in the story seeing that you've got your ownπŸ˜†

I believe we've spoken before? You are a writer, too if I am not mistaken?
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kjolovesbabies

Asma πŸ‘

Namrata πŸ€—

Nisha ❀️

😳
havent written a longish review in a while and your style was a savior πŸ˜›
NSB7 thumbnail
Originally posted by: dristi64

AASHU??? well, glad to have another one on board. πŸ˜ƒ

Hope you aren't into custody battles for the kids in the story seeing that you've got your ownπŸ˜†

I believe we've spoken before? You are a writer, too if I am not mistaken?

Welcome on board AASHU πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
NSB7 thumbnail
Originally posted by: dristi64

Update eppo?

in the new thread?? πŸ˜‰
NSB7 thumbnail
ab mera time out ho raha hai!! guess ill vanish and get here after next update πŸ˜†
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I don't know if my mentor is turning in his abode πŸ˜•.
Well I'm not sure what it sounded like to you guys...i only took as him trying to tell me to stay balanced and away from over estimating myself. In the place we worked motivation, personal strength and bonding was the norm. 

I agree with you too emotions and passion are what helps create and stay together.
Work can and usually does consume you. And that 's what makes us what we are!😊
Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Stupid I-F. Ate up my fully typed review.
PriteeMisra thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: blue5sky

I don't know if my mentor is turning in his abodeπŸ˜•.

Well I'm not sure what it sounded like to you guys...i only took as him trying to tell me to stay balanced and away from over estimating myself. In the place we worked motivation, personal strength and bonding was the norm.

I agree with you too emotions and passion are what helps create and stay together.

I guess I got you right. Even I thought what he meant was detach yourself from things when you can't help or don't want to do something about it. He just want you move on easily and not sulk that maybe you betrayed the place which made you feel loved and appreciated.

I agree Nisha we cannot whole heartedly do something if we don't love. But here it's about moving on. Some move on easy some don't. and there are other factors involved too. I sulk a lot and that doesn't help. So I guess his advice is for someone like me.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue5sky

I don't know if my mentor is turning in his abode πŸ˜•.

Oh! No Asma

I am very sorry

I didnt mean to offend you at all or him

I just meant to say, you were so innocent and young how did you have such maturity to take his words in the right way

Thats amazingπŸ‘