Frequent Posters

smallwonder thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 17 years ago
Aman Verma will host 'Zee Cinestars'
Usha Thomas
Wednesday, October 04, 2006  19:20 IST

The TV actor will be  hosting a talent hunt show after ages

Aman Verma has signed on the dotted line to anchor the next edition of 'Zee Cinestars' (Zee TV), a nationwide talent hunt to discover potential artists from all over India.

Aman Verma became a household name not only for acting in many 'K' series soaps but also for hosting many game shows.  'Khulja Sim Sim' (Star Plus) showed him in his element and audiences were hooked on to his shows. Then came  'Indian Idol' (Sony), 'Dial Karo aur Jeeto' ( Sahara).

Aman says that he is booked for 15 days in a month for Viraasat (Star Plus) which leaves him plenty time to pursue films and anchoring assignments.  "Anchoring is my forte. I loved all my earlier stints in hosting a show and it has been a long time since my last show," quips Aman.

Looking forward to his shoot for the show this week, Aman says, "I have hosted shows for Star and Sony Networks and now with Zee TV added to my list, I think people are acknowledging my skills as an anchor apart from just being an actor. Besides, I like working with different people and this is the perfect opportunity for me to part of Zee TV."
To go on air from November 3, the show will be on at Fridays and Saturdays at 10 pm.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1056718

Edited by smallwonder - 17 years ago
smallwonder thumbnail
Filmi kya? Meet Madhur, Pooja, Anupam
By Vickey Lalwani 2006 Bollyvista.com

Madhur Bhandarkar
National Award-winner Madhur Bhandarkar, actor-producer Anupam Kher and Mahesh Bhatt's firebrand daughter Pooja Bhatt will decide the fate of the contestants on a television talent hunt show, titled 'Idea Zee Cinestars' and produced by Optimystix. The show will be aired on Zee TV.

Madhur says that he took up this show because. "I had time at my disposal. 'Traffic Signal' is almost complete and UTV's film doesn't begin before February 2007. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to test fresh blood in the film industry."

Anupam, who has an acting training school, feels that he has taken the next logical step in life.

On the other hand, Pooja is gung-ho about it. "I will be scrutinizing all the contestants equally, whatever their final rankings in the contest. Runners-up and even those who get eliminated rather quickly can make it bigger than those who win."

Senior Vice President, Zee Network, Ashish Kaul says, "'Idea Zee Cinestars' will provide participants from various cities an opportunity to court fame and fortune by showcasing their acting and dancing skills. The hunt will narrow down the two best performers.

Sixty participants will be brought to Mumbai where the elimination rounds will be conducted. Viewers, who will vote for their favourite performers throughout the weeks, will choose the best couple."

http://www.bollyvista.com/article/a/32/7126
smallwonder thumbnail
Zee TV launches Idea Zee Cinestars
By Businessofcinema.com Team
9 October 2006, 06:21 PM

MUMBAI: Zee TV has launched the second season of its on-ground talent-hunt for aspiring actors Idea Zee Cinestars.

The show will be judged by a jury comprising actor Anupam Kher, actress and filmmaker Pooja Bhatt and filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar. Idea Zee Cinestars will be anchored by actor Aman Verma.

Zee Network senior vice president Ashish Kaul said, "Idea Zee Cinestars has so far received lots of entries from young candidates who want to make a name for themselves in Indian cinema. The show will provide participants from various cities an opportunity to court fame and fortune by showcasing their acting and dancing skills."

"The hunt will narrow down to two best performers from the entire nation. Sixty participants will be brought down to Mumbai, where, over the weeks they will begin to get eliminated to give us the winners of Idea Zee Cinestars," he added.

This journey to fame will be interwoven with the trials and tribulations of the participants who are hoping to be introduced to Hindi cinema as actors. The journey of these contestants will be shown as a reality series spanning through 18 weeks.

http://www.businessofcinema.com/?file=story&id=1309

smallwonder thumbnail
Zee TV unveils celeb judge line up for 'Cinestars'

Indiantelevision.com Team

(9 October 2006 7:00 pm)

MUMBAI: Zee TV has announced the people associated with its upcoming talent hunt event Idea Zee Cinestars. In its second edition, the show is going to be judged by Anupam Kher, Pooja Bhatt and Madhur Bhandarkar.

The show will be anchored by Aman Verma.

Announcing the initiative, Zee Network SVP Ashish Kaul said, "Idea Zee Cinestars has so far received lots of entries from young candidates who want to make a name for themselves in Indian cinema. The show will provide participants from various cities an opportunity to court fame and fortune by showcasing their acting and dancing skills."

He further added, "The hunt will narrow down to two Best performers from the entire nation. 60 participants will be brought down to Mumbai - The City of Dreams, where, over the weeks they will begin to get eliminated to give us the winners of Idea Zee Cinestars."

This journey to fame is interwoven with the trials and tribulations of the participants who are hoping to be introduced to Hindi cinema as actors. The journey of these contestants working towards winning the title will be shown as a reality series that will be split into various stages and will essentially showcase the ecstasy, trauma, victory and defeat of participants through 18 weeks, informs an official release.

The 60 participants are grouped as couples whom Bollywood's popular directors and choreographers will groom. Viewers, who will vote for their favourite performers through the weeks, will choose the Best couple., the release adds.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/headlines/y2k6/oct/oct98.htm

SK_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Basu Chatterjee's return to film-making

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
By Manissha Despaande, Bollywood Trade News Network

At a time when a majority of films with newcomers are having a tough time finding buyers, music director Shravan has already lined up buyers for his production debut, EK LADKI BHOLI BHALI SI-ADD SPICE TO YOUR LIFE. The film which marks the acting debut of Zee talent hunt winners Aditi Sharma and Sarwar Ahuja, is a social comedy and also marks the return of veteran director, Basu Chatterjee, after a long hiatus. "I think it is this Basu Chatterjee stamp and the fact that the film is a comedy that has got the buyers interested in the film. These days' comedies are selling like hot cakes in the market and knowing Basuda's penchant for social comedies, this one definitely has an edge," Shravan reveals.

On the other hand, Shravan is in the process of signing two well-known actresses to make guest appearances in the film. There's talk that Bipasha Basu will be one of the two actresses but Shravan prefers not to divulge the details yet. "The two actresses that we have zeroed upon are the hottest-selling actresses and talks are currently on with them," he says.

Besides Aditi and Sarwar who play the lead roles, the film also stars Chatterjee's favourite, Moushmi Chatterjee, who has acted in several of his films, besides Anupam Kher and Satish Kaushik, Archana Puran Singh and Parikshit Sahani. The film is more than half-way through according to Shravan and he is hoping to release it in mid-2006, after which he intends to start his second production in association with Tabun Sutradhar.
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Cinestars ki khoj mein
   By: Vickey Lalwani
   October 13, 2006

Pooja Bhatt Anupam Kher
The forthcoming talent hunt on television, Idea Zee Cinestars, has an impressive panel of judges.

National Award-winner Madhur Bhandarkar, actor-producer Anupam Kher and director-producer Pooja Bhatt will decide the fate of the contestants on this show, produced by Optimystix. The trio were in Mukesh Mills on Wednesday, where the show is currently being shot. HiTLIST spoke to them on the sets.

What prompted you to take up this show?

Madhur:
I had time at my disposal. Traffic Signal is almost complete and UTV's film doesn't begin before February 2007. So I thought this would be a good opportunity to test fresh blood in the film industry.

Anupam: I have an acting training school where we tutor aspirants from scratch. The next logical step would be to judge them. So, why not?

Pooja: I'm an actor, producer and director. That answers your question.

Madhur Bhandarkar
Often, winners of such shows end up going nowhere…

Madhur: I have given breaks to people who've never faced the camera in their lives, so I'm always on the lookout for new people. I wouldn't mind giving a chance to somebody from the show if I think he/she has the spark and fits a character in my forthcoming ventures.

Anupam: I disagree. We have only just made a beginning in this direction, so there's no need to write off such contests. I struggled a lot in my early days, making the rounds of producers' offices before I finally arrived. But after participating in this show, the winners will make a name for themselves. When they go to producers' offices thereafter, at least they won't have to identify themselves. Last year's winners are now doing a film for Mukta Arts.

Pooja: When John (Abraham) was shooting with Rahul Rawail (that film got shelved) and I picked him up for Jism, people said that we shouldn't touch him. I will be scrutinising all the contestants equally, whatever their final rankings in the contest. Runners-up and even those who get eliminated rather quickly can make it bigger than those who win.

About Idea Zee Cinestars

Says Ashish Kaul, Senior Vice President, Zee Network, "Idea Zee Cinestars will provide participants from various cities an opportunity to court fame and fortune by showcasing their acting and dancing skills. The hunt will narrow down to the two best performers.

Sixty participants will be brought down to Mumbai where the elimination rounds will be conducted. Viewers, who will vote for their favourite performers through the weeks, will choose the best couple."

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/october/144984.htm

smallwonder thumbnail
That actors are born is a myth: Anupam Kher

HT Style

Mumbai, November 2, 2006

Anupam Kher could well be the unofficial principal of the Zee Cinestars show considering the contestants are being groomed at his acting school.

Kher, who terms the popular perception that 'actors are born' as a myth "limited to Bollywood alone" is also quite serious to not fall into the trap of other TV reality show judges, who he says "end up playing the judge character more than the role assigned to them."

Is there a recipe for the winner?
That actors are born is a myth that exists only in India. They can be trained and are being currently groomed in my acting school.

We are looking at actor material not star material so that a seventh runner-up too stands as good a chance for a break as the winner. I along with my co-judges believe in bringing certain amount of truth and honesty in our appraisals, which will benefit the contestants for a longer time after the contests are over.

Reality show judges often tend to overshadow the contestants..
Most judges on TV today have started developing personalities of their own. They are now playing the character of the judge.

Judging is not about developing drama around judges giving 100 rupee notes to contestants. The focus should be more on the contestants.

What's your tip to the aspiring actors?
Most acting aspirants tend to follow the stars, but anyone who has made it big in the industry today is an original.

I help contestants discover their originality. However, acting aspirants today are much more confident and aware and have got a very good platform in the show, unlike us, when we came with our degrees.

Is there anything the actors have to watch out for
?
Exceptions apart, TV has led to an overall deterioration in the standards of acting, where background music and camera angles make up for an actor's lacunae 'That actors are born is a myth'

http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1834117,0011.htm

smallwonder thumbnail
Talentspotting

Bollywood ab door nahin, say the billboards all over Mumbai and even a few here in Calcutta. Why? The second season of Zee Cinestars is here. The talent hunt show is looking for artistes to impress the judges and home-viewing audiences, and win their ticket to tinsel town.

The judges' line-up this time is impressive to say the least. Anupam Kher, Madhur Bhandarkar and Pooja Bhatt are the three wise people on the show hosted by Aman Verma.

"Having started as a struggling actor and then done 322 films, I know exactly what raw talent goes through," Kher told Metro in his Mumbai office. Adjoining the office is his training school An Actor Prepares, where all the Cinestars hopefuls will be groomed from scratch.

For Pooja, the quest for new actors is hereditary. "I have inherited from my father (Mahesh Bhatt) the responsibility to discover and launch fresh talent," she smiled. "Very few people have the audacity to work with new people. But our conviction has always paid off and through Cinestars I want to take this process a step further."

After rounds and rounds of elimination, 24 contestants appear on the show (it went on air on November 3 and can be seen every Friday and Saturday at 10 pm). The journey of the contestants will be shown as a reality series spanning 18 weeks.

The three judges will have three distinct roles. Kher spelt it out: "Having my own school all these years, I would rather be a teacher to these kids wanting to make it big. Madhur will give the director's point of view and Pooja will look after the styling and presentation of the contestants."

Pooja is confident even those who don't make it big on the show will take back a lot from the experience. "A show like Cinestars engages you with life," she explained. "Most people have misconceptions and pre-conceived notions about the film industry but once you are here you will be corrected."

What the winner(s) most definitely will have is a launchpad. Zee will be signing them up for some under-production movie. Even Pooja hopes to cast the Cinestars participants in her productions.

"You don't even need to look like a hero or heroine to make it big today," Kher added. "Cinema is no longer about stars. It is about characters and if you are talented you can fit it."

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1061110/asp/calcutta/story_698 2902.asp

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9

Zee TV will kickoff  the second season of Zee Cinestars from November 3. The winning contestants will get roles in the film to be produced by Zee. Filmmakers Madhur Bhandarkar, Pooja Bhatt and actor Anupam Kher will be the judges. Anupam Kher will be teaching the participants  acting skills at his acting school, while Madhur Bhandarkar will guide them on how to face the camera, from the director's perspective. Pooja Bhatt will be grooming them on how to be presentable before the camera.

While discussing his role in the show, Kher said, "I try to highlight the participants' individual style, because most of them are influenced by popular stars. It is important for the original actor to surface for originality always makes a better actor." Madhur feels that the show offers an opportunity for participants to display their talent. "Even if a participant loses, there are chances that he can be chosen for a specific character,'' said Madhur. The winning couple of the contest will be awarded lead roles in the movie. Race, the movie which stars the winners of the first part of Zee Cinestars, is near completion.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#Z ee%20TV%20hunts%20for%20new%20stars%20again