Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moodie-Munchkin thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
@Heeriye Jhappi Paa!! πŸ€— I love this woman named Aamina Sheikh.😳 After ZGH ended, I never thought I would be able to love Someone as I loved my Sanam. ❀️ But then Maat happened and things changed completely. Saba Qamar was stupendous as Saman, The grey shad and I always say, It takes courage to portray a grey shaded character. But Aiman was something that hooked me instant. Many say that she was a doormat and stuff but fact is, we have such women in our society and Aamina portrayed her perfectly. But the turning point turned out when Saman returns after leap and its then when we see Aiman finally taking up her stand. And in the last episode when she says, "Yeh Sheh Maat Hai Saman." I was like shit, that's damn powerful.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Considering that Maat was written by Umera Ahmed too, I loved that series.😳 Then Came Aaina Dulhan Ka or Miraat-ul-Uroos and here too she proved her worth as the grey shaded Aiza.⭐️ But for me, The Final Nail was Ujala of Piya Re. The Strength that character consisted was amazing!πŸ‘ To raise up a child not conceived by love and having no support from ur Husband requires guts and Ujala proved herself. What A Woman!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ Then Came, Jackson Heights Salma and now Maliha. She's not what we call exceptionally beautiful but yes, She has a charm of her own. Beautiful in her own Wayy..❀️ The Grace and Presence she brings on screen is commendable.⭐️ Also, She's one of the sweetest down to earth persons I've ever known. Dunno how many RT's, Favourites, and Replies I've got from her on Twitter. Love Her.❀️
blyton thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Talk about having too much TV to watch! Between Daam, Malaal, Dolly and a couple of shows on other channels, I am amazed I actually get some work done in the day! Now how will I fit in Fawad and Ashk???😳

It's the 3rd episode, but I am already hooked to Daam. Zindagi is giving us Umera Ahmed - Mehreen Jabbar ki barsaat, either on separate shows or as a mindblowing writer-director combo --- Rehaai, Shehr-e-Zaat, Jackson Heights, and now Malaal and Daam! πŸ‘Umera usually sets her characters in very realistic situations and brings out the struggle of women from lower middle-class backgrounds so well. Somewhere I can relate Zara with Kashaf and even Aiman. Interestingly, both the ladies"Amina and Sanam Saeed"who have acted with Sanam Baloch in Daam have played these two other characters.😊

There is so much to rave about, but I'm dying to get started on Amina's versatility! Is there a role which this lady cannot do?πŸ‘ She is my second fav Pak actress now after apni Sanam Saeed. Right after playing a reserved, resilient Salma in JH, she plays this cute, happy-go-lucky privileged girl with such ease. BTW, I think Amina-Adeel make an adorable pair. It is a testament to their versatility that I first saw two shows in which they played a married couple, another in which their paths hardly crossed, and now I see them as siblings...but they are equally good in every avatar. Adeel's comfort level with Amina is evident in his body language :the way he sprawls on the sofa and gesticulates freely while talking to her-- but I think Amina's child-like behaviour with him is what makes them convincing as siblings.

Sanam Baloch: I have mixed feelings about her in general, I know she can blow our socks off in emotionally-charged roles but she does go OTT playing the bubbly girl next door. But in Daam, she is so restrained, so nuanced"her character immediately warms your heart.

And how can I leave without a note on our Sanam Saeed??πŸ˜› Now here is an actress who has worked her way up, from playing small roles like in Daam"but her snobbishness makes me love her even more!"to shows like ZGH and Talkhiyaan. My mother, btw, was thrilled to see all 3 of her favourites in one frame! πŸ˜†

Edited by blyton - 8 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Shanuuu -  πŸ€— right back at ya...Sammmeee, she is a sweetu offscreen as well❀️
Talking of the similarities..

Anybody finds Fiza and Asmara similar? both very rich, very high handed and snobbish and even insecure...IDK they both had similar tendencies to downgrade lower middle class people..

However, its interesting to note Maliha's reactions - when she comes second everytime to Zara, and the way her parents praise Zara's style of preparation..she cuts them off..even the beach scene with Junaid and Zara, where she subtly keeps saying that Junaid is like a brother to Zara too, or that she will find another man for her..(IDK was it already a part of her subconscious)??  even though she was her best friend, she never wanted Zara as a part of her life, more than what she had access to..case of jealousy which builds up bit by bit..

I liked Nimra Buccha too, who plays Aasma, she reminds me to an extent, of Kashaf actually.. but Aasma is far more cynical I would say..

Zara's feelings for Junaid actually were shown really beautifully in yesterday's episode, simple things like a birthday card, a birthday gift, her shot when she was riding back home in the train..her few moments of happiness and bliss, while she kept up the struggle otherwise and she was so clearly attracted to him, the way she was all coy and shy in the beach scene..:p

Moodie-Munchkin thumbnail
@blyton I love ur post. πŸ˜³ Zindagi Is actually giving us too much to watch. Now with DKAB and Daam, I have to fit in My Fawadoo's Ashk too.πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I'm literally amazed right now as to they are airing all good shows back to back.πŸ˜†
About Aamina, well I just ranted about her in the previous post but I do love her.❀️ Right from Aiman to Aiza To Ujala and Salma and now Maliha. She's a star!⭐️ Exactly she's my 2nd favorite actress after meri Sanam Saeed and third place being of Saba Qamar.😊 I've seen Adeel and Aamina as a really passionate pair in Piya Re, but then they surprise me here. Adorable as Siblings. ❀️ Adeel too makes to my list of Favorite actors.⭐️ Adeel-Aamina have a different comfort level and that's why they have mentioned each other many times as favourite co-star.πŸ˜‰

Sanam Saeed, well do I need to say anything about her? She's my girl crush, my favorite actress, An Inspiration for me and what not. Her Character Kashaf and She both inspire me a Lott. Though she was new back in Daam but she gave us a glimpse of her talent here. Who knew she this Irritating Fiza would be sooo spectacular in ZGH and Talkhiyan?! She's the best for me. ❀️ I'm looking forward to her Adeel's Chemistry too and have heard that Zindagi is set to telecast Shukk too but for me, Her bestest Chemistry remains with Fawad Khan and this explains possibly why both Fawad-Sanam mention each other as their favorite co-stars.

Sanam Baloch, I too have mixed feelings about her like you. I loved her in Durr-e-Shehwar where she played her role beautifully and am Liking her as Zara in Daam too. But she was Wayy OTT and Cringy in Dastaan, Mausam And Akbari-Asghari.🀒 No Hard feelings for anyone. For her I would like to say that, She excels in some specific roles only.😊

Actually, My Father is an admirer of Sanam Saeed and Aamina and is actually happy to see them together. All he says is.."Beautiful Actresses Are In Plenty But We Need Real Actresses." And I Think both Sanam Saeed and Aamina Sheikh prove it.

Lastly, I love Mehreen Jabbar for Rehaai, Jackson Heights and now Daam.❀️ Upar se Umera Ahmed, Too Much Fun!πŸ˜†β­οΈ
tvluvr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Loved the sibling scene,adeel amina chemistry❀️ .the flashback scene where zara was thinking about the cute and lovely moments spent with maliha and junaid.the beach scene was sweet.looking forward to adeel sanam chemistry.
tvluvr thumbnail
daam BTS

sam_sf thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have seen very few pakistani shows but wherever i have seen sanam baloch i found her amazing❀️
Thats just my opinion😳
Edited by sam_sf - 8 years ago
MaxMayfield thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I guess since its Daam DT and in order to avoid any more world wars..just a suggestion, lets stick to acting and performances evaluation only for Daam for Sanam baloch?..πŸ˜† 

Baloch here is a case of right casting for the right role..for me she isnt the prettiest, or the best actress..but she is definitely well suited for this one..she brings the required innocence and maturity to the role..also because Zara's character, the way its written is just so amazing..she isnt Mazloom, just as Aiman turned around in Maat in the end, Zara values her self respect and worth too..
tvluvr thumbnail
Originally posted by: -FreeLancer-

I guess since its Daam DT and in order to avoid any more world wars..just a suggestion, lets stick to acting and performances evaluation only for Daam for Sanam baloch?..πŸ˜†

Baloch here is a case of right casting for the right role..for me she isnt the prettiest, or the best actress..but she is definitely well suited for this one..she brings the required innocence and maturity to the role..also because Zara's character, the way its written is just so amazing..she isnt Mazloom, just as Aiman turned around in Maat in the end, Zara values her self respect and worth too..

totally agree,lets not compare the actors .lets avoid arguments,stick to acting and performance of the actors in daam only.please keep the discussions healthy and constructive.
iluvtwist thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Loved how zara took care of everyone around her,sanam baloch is portraying the sweet,caring aand sensible zara really well,i am loving her in daam.junaid maliha scene was too good,i must say adeel amina create the magic whenever they came in one frame.loved the beach scene,how zara was shy and in the presenence of jaunaid.fiza is very dominating,she is telling her brother to do those things which she will not tolerate if her husband will do same.why tge double standards?