SS 57 Common Love - Page 49

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
Sonal VERYYY CUTE pics of ur lil ones, the girl looks good enough to eat.

Jas: one of my ears is always clogged like monsoons the skies clear up once in a while otherwise its like Seattle always fogged up
I made chholey and naan last night, my 16 year old is obsessed with my naans. I only started making those at home 3 years ago I think...
I still have leftovers for lunch. Have got to go grab costume for the lil one for Halloween, and then drive 40 miles to a year round fire cracker store to buy crackers for Deepavali, besides doing grocery and such

Kalpana: its muggy and cloudy here as well this morning. I had rava upma for breakfast with filter coffee... I will literally committ homicide for Iyer breakfast. I refuse to eat bread or bagel. If I make upma for dinner I will make with 3 or 4 cups of rava so I can have enough breakfast to last a week, or of I make idlis I will make enough so I have 3 for breakfast for 5 mornings
I am SO SICK of toast and bagel... the worst breakfast food God created

Envee: Yes I will definitely look at page 15

Dristi:LOVELY review. She might not notice or worry routinely, she is sad anyway this evening, for various reasons, there is no one at home, her husband hours ago rejected the house as being his home. So its all contributing to her questioning her choice again.
His active sex life is not something like a broken knee or a failed Grad school test no... it doesnt go away
II is coming to terms with her life in MM. Her role in  making it a home for her kids. Unknowingly her mind refdlects on things to come and that gone by. She is reconciled to his past. She is insecure yet not hurt by the discoveries she is making. The worried anticipation of Appa's response to her offer and her dear Periappa's state. The Bhalla men are so perceptive yet firm the way they deal with her.
The loneliness in the palatial house she experiences will strengthen her resolve not to leave the Patriarch alone. The time they are away drom each other H & H are reflective and sensible.

Suriya it is thanimai...verumai as well
Sometimes the situations are so hopeless.
I am thinking of what other alternatives

How would it be if
II and vandu had told Amma, you go with Appa, we will take care of him in DII .
Would Mr. IYer have agreed to this. Probably yes.
But Amma would hv said no, I feel. She would hv said it will be tough on you , ishita with your pregnancy and not much help. Amma would hv thought about how tge dude and Ranjanji would feel if they were to go to Madurai leaving periappa sick and a pregnant daughter to take care of him.

Feel for Amma here.
Originally posted by moonwearer

II is coming to terms with her life in MM. Her role in  making it a home for her kids. Unknowingly her mind refdlects on things to come and that gone by. She is reconciled to his past. She is insecure yet not hurt by the discoveries she is making. The worried anticipation of Appa's response to her offer and her dear Periappa's state. The Bhalla men are so perceptive yet firm the way they deal with her.
The loneliness in the palatial house she experiences will strengthen her resolve not to leave the Patriarch alone. The time they are away drom each other H & H are reflective and sensible.

Suriya it is thanimai...verumai as well

So true

She worried about MM subconsciously all day that when her driver asked her "Where to?"
She said "ghar"
She knows Ranjan is alone, despite Periappa being in the hospital, D II is filled with folks. There is nobody sick in MM but the house looks like a haunted house. If II is not around it takes on a lonely cold feel to it
Yes she is very insecure, she is not as hurt as she was 6 months ago, or 4 months ago, because each new discovery or truth "adds" to her facts. Its not the first slice of fact
Amma and Akka know how the Bhallas and Batras care for their II and all connected to them. They know that she would have consulted the Dude and definitelt Ranjan or Sam will only go all out to stand by her.It is again as Putti says allowing the adversary a brownie point and also maybe what would folks say.
Periappa is in a state where anything can happen having looked after for 40 years why now  provide fodder for needless speculations by the world.
Originally posted by Errantnomad

Sometimes the situations are so hopeless.
I am thinking of what other alternatives

How would it be if
II and vandu had told Amma, you go with Appa, we will take care of him in DII .
Would Mr. IYer have agreed to this. Probably yes.
But Amma would hv said no, I feel. She would hv said it will be tough on you , ishita with your pregnancy and not much help. Amma would hv thought about how tge dude and Ranjanji would feel if they were to go to Madurai leaving periappa sick and a pregnant daughter to take care of him.

Feel for Amma here.

So true Kalpana
Well said

In a way Appa doesnt give his own daughters enough credit. He is willing to shower praises on Bala for just as much as CHECKING on them. But when his own daughters step in and take charge he feels offended. Typical patriarch, you know
Sila vishayam maaplai pannina romba perumaya irukkum, adey pongal pannina "adigaprasangi" solluva

Some things if damaad do its a matter of pride and joy, if daughters attempt the same things its "too big for ur boots"
Intresting update nisha I sort of feel bad for amma
Its not wrong on her part to desire to be a part of a family function... 

I felt bad when appa questioned her about her concern for Periappa 

Nisha is r&b coming to Delhi in the near future 
Ladies
Whoever not keeping well take care of health.