Fan Fictions

SS 57 Common Love - Page 12

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Errantnomad

Prats, hello. Will you come and say a hi please?.

Kalpana
SR is slept I think... Tomorrow she is going to Coorg with family n will be back on Sunday...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: putti77

Kalpana
SR is slept I think... Tomorrow she is going to Coorg with family n will be back on Sunday...

Thanks putti. Who won the match tdy?
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kalpana

Life unfortunately is NOT like the movies, you can believe all your life that good will prevail over evil, but doesnt happen that way. "Uncaring kids will get punished, the caring ones win the powerball and their kids  wil in turn grow up to be Mark Zuckerberg because of all the "blessings" the oldies give them. Ramji aayenge, Sita maiyya ki tarah hamey bachayenge" types

Nope!!!
The truth is...
The people that shirk responsibility and dont care for the elderly never have to pay a price
The  children that do care, end up giving their life tragically, quite literally I mean... Not only are they almost broke and maligned in caring for the elderly, they also are taken away well before their time

So I am not a big believer any more in "God will punish the wrong doers", sorry! Its just something we tell kids, like fairy tales

Shru: I hear ya... I made my 16 year old call my parents yesterday in the morning, before leaving for school so he can obtain their blessings, he started Internship at a local company in the afternoon

His first period is at 7:55 AM, its a good 15-20 minute drive to school
At  7:25 HE IS SLOWLY SHAVING AND WANDERING AND TALKING TO MY PARENTS

I yelled "Ennada... school leave aa?" (no school today? or what?)
I am telling you I just dont understand teenagers

I try to micro manage my life and everyone else's

I was too tired to go out last night and buy dinner rolls for teacher appreciation day at the elementary today (I am crazy I dont know why I even sign up)  I asked the friends to bring some when they came home for dinner, they BOUGHT A BAG.

So 10 minutes ago I ran to the grocery store bought three more and dropped it off at the school, because they told me "all food must be brought before 11 AM"

All those that think I am a super woman I AM NOT

I usually have multiple appointments for MUNDANE things on my Outlook I LOOK AT IT 10 TIMES and YET FORGET

I have 100s of "Get gas for car"  "Get tire air pressure checked"  "Did u cancel dentist on Nov 11th?"  "Did u get sprinklers turned off?" type self interrogation

AND NEVER GET TO IT

I am usually crawling to the gas station when the gas dial reads tank is at SEVEN OR THREEπŸ˜•
Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
Nisha, I sometimes think, if children are able to respect their parents when they become independent, we would hv done a decent job.
It's awful when people who ought to support don't.

Sri, thank you for the match update.
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Wht an update,,, from eyes of Alka, Amma and baldie
On one end Amma is upset that she is not able to give or
Pamper enough II whereas aka believed she is pampered enough by
Her in laws. Although it's correct but moms place in ones life cannot be
Replaced especially when u r pregnant! As there are so much of changes
Happening mently nd physically for which u need ur mother most...( experience) πŸ˜‰
Whereas akka motivating amma bout her choices nd life was good to read.
Ranjan asking for his family member was cute
and baldie wow his monologues just soso so cute ring master really Nisha , how do u think all
This!
They having one kid πŸ˜† this is joke of the century which will unfold from time
( but we know πŸ˜‰ )
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
I agree that there is no balance getting tilted in favour of the good soul.
What we do unto others is based on our inherent goodness based on we want to do something for the other. There is no point expecting people to do their bit.I have heard my MIL say nan orre maatuponna irundha avala parthindirukka maatena...I learnt a lesson from that...do something not because you have to but because you feel like. It is kind of like meditation . I feel lighter when i respond thus unmindful if the other person perceives things the way i do or not.
Kalpana hurt stems when we expect them to act a certain way. Dont expect them to do anything...duties and favors...you won't be disappointed thenπŸ˜‰
Errantnomad thumbnail
Sri, two wkends back, went to IKEA store. Pulled my stuff out on to the trolley , it was heavy and pushed towards the billing. In front of me is an old lady in her eighties having a even bigger bulk and trying hard to push her trolley. Now I' m thinking, should I put my cart away and help her out. I wasn't sure how will she take or react to that help . It so happenned that one carton fell off my long trolley. I hurried to her putting away my handbag. She turns around and says dear, let me try to get this box for you and bends down to pick my stuff.
I was zapped, and I said Mam, I'm so sorry. It landed on your feet. She just said oh it's nothing. I asked her if I may push her cart up to the counter. She accepted and I breathed a sigh of relief.

Errantnomad thumbnail
This IF page which reloads with these Halloween caricatures is majorly irritating. 😑
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Durga Maa pandal.
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Jas

Amma is not without her flaws, she wants to be able to focus only on her kids, she doesnt feel super charitable all the time u know
She is dignified and mature, so she doesnt throw a fit, I know some women in their 60s that kicked their FIL or MIL out

So not everybody does the right thing

Amma does her duty well, of being a good care giver, but she also nurtures tremendous guilt that she has denied many things to her daughters.

She is not the regular mother either, she has career ambitions too that never materialized. She is not the type to bask in the glory of Appa's achievements

U can even call it "ego" if u like

I thought, it would be a good idea to have  a "strong" woman who is also playing the role of a selfless caregiver

She didnt kick Periappa out because she wanted a Ph D. She continued to care for him as its the right thing to do, but yes, she does grieve for the things she didnt do or did not achieve

I went back and lay down thought about my amma. Double masters, full time job, taking care of hubby, kids, MIL, local guardian for 4 nephew and niece. Hosted her two younger brothers at home to get them settled. I never thought about this in this angle. Her vocabulary was always above of par. She gave me and my bro tidbits when writing GRE. She read so many books. 

Never did I think about her in that angle. What did she get back ? She compromised sacrificed so much for all of us. Did she ever feel under achieved. I don't know. 

Thanks Nisha. I called amma and talked to her 3 times today. She was down with 102 fever but was sure to ask about my cold and sinus. 

I am sure everyone of us have a absolute brilliant mother and pillar of the family. Take a moment to look back! Pick up the phone and call her. 

Thanks again for bringing all these small yet big things to light. I am able to reflect the good, bad and ugly. 

Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago