If Chandar married Sudha, would we still love it as much?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
We love this show because of the sacrifice of their love, and the pain that came afterwards. If they did get their happily ever after, would still see the beauty in this show? Would we still love it? Or would we love it more or less? Would their love story still be as beautiful as we see it now, or would find it too boring, too easy, too generic, too perfect? Sure it would've made us happy, being fed what was designed to make us so, but it wouldn't have been real. It would've been the perfect fairytale, despite all odds they end up together, and from a show that was set back where there wasn't many happy endings, I don't think I would've appreciated it in the same way. This show delivered a beautiful yet heart breaking story, and a truthful one too. Sudha's story is unique because of the pain she went through but still the devotion to her love. I think that this show very well addressed the pain in the world back than and the pain that still remains in the world today.

So, 'Ek Tha Chandar Ek Thi Sudha' or 'Ek Hai Chandar Ek Hai Sudha'?
Very well written. 👍🏼
I couldn't have written it better myself 👏
Originally posted by farlu

We love this show because of the sacrifice of their love, and the pain that came afterwards. If they did get their happily ever after, would still see the beauty in this show? Would we still love it? Or would we love it more or less? Would their love story still be as beautiful as we see it now, or would find it too boring, too easy, too generic, too perfect? Sure it would've made us happy, being fed what was designed to make us so, but it wouldn't have been real. It would've been the perfect fairytale, despite all odds they end up together, and from a show that was set back where there wasn't many happy endings, I don't think I would've appreciated it in the same way. This show delivered a beautiful yet heart breaking story, and a truthful one too. Sudha's story is unique because of the pain she went through but still the devotion to her love. I think that this show very well addressed the pain in the world back than and the pain that still remains in the world today.

So, 'Ek Tha Chandar Ek Thi Sudha' or 'Ek Hai Chandar Ek Hai Sudha'?

@farlu.  I don't think so, only because we were able to see how unfair life was and were objectively able to critique all of those existing practices.  I loved the story even if it had a tragic ending.  I have only seen one soap and glanced through others but the concept is lost along the way and I just give up because the real underlying issue is bathed in other things to stretch the issue or story for however long the Production House or Channel can gleam a financial gain in it.  This is only my opinion, I am sure there are many others out there that have a better insight and more knowledge into this.   Thanks for penning down your insightful thoughts. Alex
Edited by alex1 - 8 years ago
@farlu if Chander and Sudha married, the story should have shown their journey on living in the society having caste prejudice.
How they overcome that prejudice and how they emerge as role models. Such a journey would have made another beautiful story.

But then I feel the characters would have been lost as they would become rebels. But their sacrifice shows their rebellion in a much more impactful way.
The ending of course made more impact. It was sad, it was moving and told so much within those 20 minutes. It was a beautiful episode to end the series. Couldn't have asked for a better final episode.