Gurmeet Choudhary plays "Ram" for Life OK's Dusshera Special

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Big news for fans of AS Ramayana and Gurmeet Choudhary! ðŸ¥³

Gurmeet-Shraddha to turn Ram-Sita on small screen

By TellychakkarTeam
14 Oct 2015 07:23 PM

The handsome hunk of television and Bollywood, Gurmeet Choudhary is back again on small screen.

And guess what readers?                                                                                      

He is back in his iconic role of Lord Ram.

If you are eager to know more about his new avatar then hold your breath and read the entire piece.

A source shared that on the auspicious occasion of Dussera, a special programme will be showcased on Life OK, entitled Dussehra - Jeet Sachchai Kee. And for the special sequence Gurmeet will essay the character of Lord Ram once again. Paired opposite him as Sita will be Shraddha Arya (Dream Girl) is what we have been informed.

Joining hands with Gurmeet and Shraddha will be many popular television faces including Krrip Suri, Gautam Gulati, Rashami Desai, Asha Negi, Sanjeeda Sheikh. Jennifer Winget along with Rithvik Dhanjani will be seen anchoring the show.

Excited about her performance in the venture, Sanjeeda commented, "I am performing on a Ramleela number, Ang Laga De Re. And I am very much excited to shake my legs on an Indian number and looking forward to this event".

Unfortunately, both Gurmeet and Shraddha remained unavailable for a comment.

We are pretty excited to witness the sequence. Aren't you readers?

The particular sequence will be shot tomorrow (14 October).

Some promo pictures from the event:

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
My thoughts so far from the pictures:

1) Ram and Hanuman look too thin! I don't know who played Hanuman, but Gurmeet has lost a lot of weight since Ramayan and though that looks good for his fictional roles, Ram can be a tad bit chubbier. He was after all a kshatriya prince, and I'm sure even in vanvaas he didn't become a skeleton, lol. But since this is a performance, I'm not being too strict. Overall Gurmeet looks good!

2) Shraddha makes a pretty Sita, but that blouse! ðŸ¤¬ I wish they gave Sitaji clothes that covered her up more. The sleeveless blouse looks too modern, and the loose hair with lack of veil gives her the look of Draupadi more than Sita. If they show Sita with braided hair, then lack of veil would look fine, but if they are going to show her with loose hair, they should at least give her a veil. Sitaji never went around with loose hair for all to see. Back in those days it was considered inauspicious.

3) Lakshman's wig ðŸ˜² OMG, ASR's Indrajit would be horrified if he ever had to battle this Lakshman. ðŸ¤£ He would tell him to first get a haircut and then enter battle, rofl.

Don't know why they gave Ramji such a nice wig and Lakshman such a bushy one.

Overall, the outfits and general look are not too impressive in this performance. All the other actors got much nicer outfits, but I think they were going for the "simple" look with RLS. Wish they'd given them nicer costumes. 

I hope the performance doesn't disappoint! I wonder what song they will perform to?
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
lollzzz janki Di
gurmeet looks so thin indeed and now there is a maturity on his face too :P