Arjun Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor are bankable actors: Sanjay Kapoor - Page 2

Posted: 8 years ago

Arjun Kapoor, Sonam Kapoor are bankable actors: Sanjay Kapoor

By Press Trust of India on October 16, 2015 at 1:53 PM

New Delhi, Oct 16: Sanjay Kapoor is happy to see the young generation of actors from his family " Arjun and Sonam " flourish in the film industry and the actor-producer says he would love to cast them in his upcoming movies. Sanjay has already produced "Tevar" starring his nephew Arjun and now wants to work with Sonam, who is his elder brother, Anil Kapoor's daughter.

"Arjun and Sonam are very bankable. They are doing all solo films. Arjun has proved his talent time and again. He has been accepted in a big way. I would love to work with him again and also make a movie with Sonam," Sanjay told PTI.He is also open to future collaboration with his other nephews - "Fugly" actor Mohit Marwah and Harshwardhan Kapoor, who is gearing for his Bollywood debut with "Mirziya".

However, Sanjay said the decision to cast any of his family members in a film would never be that of an emotional, doting uncle but rather of a professional producer."There is no harm in working with them. If they are suitable for the story and the film, then they can be a part of the project."Sanjay has kept his production plans on hold at the moment and is gearing up for the release of "Shaandaar", which sees Ali Bhatt and Shahid Kapoor in lead roles, alongside Pankaj Kapur, Sanah Kapoor, Sushma Seth and Shibani Dandekar. It will release on October 22.

In the fantasy, destination wedding film, Sanjay is playing a loud, Sindhi guy named Harry Fundwani, who wears flashy clothes and talks funny.The actor said he said yes to over-the-top character only for director Vikas Bahl."The most important reason behind my decision to do Shaandaar' was Vikas. When you do such a character, it is very important to have the right setting and the right person to give it a correct treatment," said Sanjay, whose elaborate costumes were the talk of the shoot.

"My role is such that it could have easily become a buffoon and a caricature. But I was very confident of Vikas. If I was offered three times the money for this film with some other director, I would not have done that."The actor found his role in perfect sync with the theme of the films, which is about "fairy tale romance, castles, limousines and all things flamboyant."

Sanjay started his career as a hero with "Prem" and went on to star in "Beqabu", "Raja", "Sirf Tum". He later moved to multi-starrer films "Darna Mana Hai", "Loc Kargil", "Luck By Chance" and now "Shaandaar"."For me the length of the role is not that important. It is the impact the character makes in the film that excites me. When I was offered Luck By Chance' I was sceptical. But after the film released and the response that I got for the film, I realised that a good role can help you get noticed even in an ensemble.

"It is very satisfying as an actor when your small role makes an impact and leaves the audiences talking about you."At this stage of his career, Sanjay said he has to be very cautious about the projects he associates with, both as an actor and as a producer."I have to be careful. I only want to do parts that are meaningful and work with good directors. As far as production goes, I will back only project with meat."

Edited by jibber-jabber - 8 years ago
Speechless!!🤪🤣🤣Edited by zaniax - 8 years ago
yes indeed
saawariya delhi6 aisha mausam players bewakoofiyan khoobsurat DKD..very bankable indeed!!

Originally posted by cougarTown

yes indeed
saawariya delhi6 aisha mausam players bewakoofiyan khoobsurat DKD..very bankable indeed!!

Delusion runs in their family.
Bankable actors (in our family).
😆 Sanjay uncle!
Sonam is not the actor with the most flops in the industry so he  has a right to his opinion. He must know
Originally posted by Hydro123

Bankable actors (in our family).

Anil Kapoor? Sridevi?
They don't even stand out in their family.

Edited by jibber-jabber - 8 years ago