Ek Tha Chandar Ek Thi Sudha

~*Ek Tha Chander, Ek Thi Sudha *~

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Hello!!!
I tried hard but couldn't get the english version online. I beleive in reading rather than watching series based on books cos while making show/film the essence of book is lost somewhere and i hate it.
This is the first time that i have watched novel-based show before reading actual novel and I am glad that it had been an wonderful experience.
I dunno what exactly is written in novel but i loved the show. Everything was perfect...just perfect. So big Thanks to makers for not messing the story👏⭐️
Now coming to the show, from where do I start...
okay, i loved the thing that maker gave us realistic environment...be it sudha's home, pammi's home, library, railway station, train, phone, fridge everything depicted that its 1960s era...no blunder,IMO.
Ah how can i forget cycles n rickshaw😳they were my fav means of travel as child , i miss rickshaws very much

Now coming to the characters and Actors:
Chandar Kapoor:
He was not the rude, arrogant guy which is common on our TV, he was just simply the guy next door. sweet, charismatic, n of course with flaws. He was grounded, he was stupid in not understanding his own love for Sudhha. His whole world revolved around but still he didn't realize until it was too late. He appeared to be naive n innocent but he did understood pammi's intentions n avoided her. I love the way how he used to explain his point to pammi indirectly. I felt bad for him, kash Sudha se shadi k liye na kaha hota??? He did not want to return his Sir favors that way, he knew from beginning that his sir would not agree for inter caste marriage even though he treats him like family but the thin line was always there. Chander didn't wanted to cross that line. I liked this thing but it made him n Sudha suffer a lot
Rahil Azam-what should I say!!!! for me, he'll be hatim, i hate it when others portray hatim's character😆I was kid when he did hatim n i hv watched hatim as many tyms as it was telecasted😳probably he is the only Indian male actor jiske shows maine follow kiye ho😳Rahil as Chander was beyond perfect, I never judged his acting skills but in this show i closely observed and i must say he is perfect actor, his scenes after Sudha's marriage are worth watching...he literally gave life to chander⭐️👏

Sudha Shukla:
impish, bubbly, cute girl(unlike others show jahan cuteness n bubbly ka matlab stupidity hota hai😆n OTT acting😆) Sudha was never exposed to real life situations, she was too pampered n spoilt by chander n shuklaji yet she was not spoilt brat, she valued these two men most in her life, they were her life. Being around them was the only thing she needed. Her love was of kind giving n spreading to others. she believes in sharing in love even if it means hurting herself in process. her love was pure without expectations, just seeing her love happy. She could have denied marriage, she even was about to talk to her father but chander stopped her and she obeyed him. reason chander wanted that n like always she obliged without thinking about consequences. I would not call her dumb cos that will be insult to her love. she did what her love wanted her to do because since childhood she has done the things what chander told, she blindly followed him. she kept taunting him for making her marry as that was the only way she could have protested n made her disapproval obvious. though she was delicate but she had great mental strnght which helped her, to some extent, in coping the life without chander.
Umang Jain-I have only one word "wow", where were you girl , y nobody noticed you😕I have seen her in ads. i was not sure why she was chosen as lead but but she convinced me that no one else could have portray Sudha as nicely as she did⭐️👏. I was surprised seeing her acting. first half, she was impish n bubbly but post marriage she portrayed devastated sudha beyond my expectations. She was the surprise element for me😃

Binti:
girl with practical approach...i loved this thing about Binti, she was keen observer who observed everything going on in her surrounding. she spoke when needed, she know what to speak, how to speak, where to speak n when to speak. Her love for chander was immense but she knew Chander belonged to sudha with every single part of his being and she never tried to woo him. Instead she tried to became his backbone, his support and she was happy that way.

The actor portraying(dunno her name), she was good n was in the skin of the character.

Pammi:
it was good to see a lady ahead of times, she was independent, woman of her own wills, she was lonely. The reason she fell for chandar was that chander came as a man who was good at heart, respects women n he was not like a typical man who dominates etc. this qualities in him atttracted Pammi n she wanted him by hook or crook.

Shweta did good job as pammi.

Three ladies and three different perspectives of love and I loved all the definitions of love:
Sudha- her love was pure n of giving nature...love should be shared, She believed in nurturing her love with care and also sharing it fragrance with others, she did what her love wanted to do, for her love was worship...for me, it was true love❤️

Pammi- her love was all about "getting", yeh definition bhi sahi hai, agar kisi ko sacche dil se pyar karte ho toh jaan lagado usey paane ke liye

Binti- her love was understanding type, she choosed to support her love, give strength and was not concerned with getting love for herself...apne pyar ko jatao mat chup chap uska saath do

"all of them promised one thing or the other to each n they did fulfilled it" wo bhi kya din the jab waada nubhana jaan se badhkar hua karta tha aur aaj ka daur hai jahan waada aise bhulaya jaata hai jaise slate se kuch mitana

Shukla ji:
he came as a good soul, he was modern in his approach, he allowed sudha and chander's friendship to grow, allowed sudha to study whereas even in 2015 there are bunch of fathers who deprive their daughters from education . He was quite ahead of tym but he was in support of caste system. Though i did not liked this aspect of him but we cant deny that caste issues still prevail. The best example is of an incident where a temple was sashed off after being visited by a dalit chief minister. So to some extent he was following society norms n its a bitter truth that many of us still practice caste system.

Gesu:
Care free burd she was, she has a different outlook to life, she didnt let her bitter experience to cgange her for worst.

Kailash:
Wont say much just 3 words for him "i hate you" and the only reasin is the scene after sudha reads chander's letter , she clearly says him "doctor ne mana kiya" but he had no ears. This particular scene made me dislike him

Well these were the important Characters. I loved the whole cast , each ine of them acted their part well be it maati, kailash,bertie, servants, sudha's tuition masrer, lubrarian etc

It was a wonderful journey of 20 episodes and i loved every single bit of it. Big thanks to makers for bringing out the classic love story and showing it to young audience⭐️

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

peeyara thumbnail
I would like to list my favorite scenes from the show. Its quite impossible to pick few scenes as almost every scene was important and executed brilliantly. I will still love to list out few

1. "Phool kadna seekhna, Chander kandhna seekhliya hogayi hamari kadayi"

It was just another random scene but it showed that Sudha's world starts and ends on Chander, whatever she does in her life is for Chander. 

2. Sudha asking Chander about love after pammi's reality check

Pammi directly questions Sudha if she loves Chander. Sudha was upset,sad not because pammi asked but was sad as she did not know the answer herself. Her dependency on Chander was again shown. Even for answering questions related to her life, feelings, she needs the answer from chander. She beleives that chander knows her well and she herself don't know about herself. She was upset with chander as he did not said when she questioned him about love previously.

3. "gunah ke devta ho tum"

Chander confronts pammi for asking about love to Sudha, he simply cannot see sudha in pain. pammi makes him realise that he too loves sudha but he denies saying, "Sudha se pyar karna gunah hai"
and pammi accuses him, "agar sudha se pyar karna gunah hai toh tum wo gunah kar chuke...gunah ke devta ho tum"
i loved this bit very muc ❤️

4. Shukla and Chander discussing inter-caste marriage

I love the conversation. And I do agree with both of them. Chander believes that we can eliminate the caste system, it'll take time but still we can achieve it. Shukla gave an apt example of milk mixing up with tea. This is the FACT. caste system has deep roots in our country, how much we try to eliminate but the truth is it will not leave us.

5.Shukla asking Chander about perfect groom for Sudha:

It was nice of Shukla to make Chander part of his decisions but he never followed what chander said instead he did what he felt right. He asked chander about perfect groom and he listed out but Shukla's "aur Brahmin" tore his heart
These two above scenes did send signals to Chander that shukla will never get Sudha married to him as he was not BRAHMIN

6. "Brahmin ko daan de dijiye"

Binti was matured and keen observer. She knew that Chander loves Sudha(may be even before Chander, Sudha knew) and was feeling bad that chander has to speak to sudha about kailash n even convince her to get married to kailash. i loved her two dialogues in this scene "dekh rahi hoon k devta palkein jhapkate hai ya nhi", and "jayie brahmin ko daan de dijiye"

7. Chander takes promise from Sudha

It was well enacted scene, umang transformed her expressions from happiness to naughtiness to seriousness to hurt to anger to despair ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Chander calmly takes her promise "tumhari sudhi tumhari kaunsi baat nhi maanti" this line broke my heart as i knew what was coming. And after knowing the reason, she was so hurt beyond repair🥺  I have a feeling that somewhere she too was aware that she cannot marry chander hence she wanted to remain unmarried for whole life so that she can always be with Chander.
even after getting slapped, her first concern was "chander tum thik ho na" ...it killed him, height of her love, her selfless love ❤️ it was heart wrenching scene 💔

8. "sudha worshipped Chander before leaving"

The whole shaadi sequence was fab with indirect taunts from Sudha to Chander and Chander feeling miserable and Binti playing silent spectator as she could not do anything but this scene were Sudha worshipped him as Devta was bestest in whole sequence. 
She silently comes and sits down just beside his feet staring at him  this scene again portrayed that sudha k liye sab kuch Chander hai, he is above everything❤️ Chander realises that she'll be going and without thinking about anything he selfishly asks her not to go but it was too late 🥺
It was their final meeting, there was no way they could talk, there were no SNS to keep in touch only letters which takes month to reach.

9. "Binti gives Sudha's letter to Chander"

Chander could not cope up with loosing Sudha and finds confidante n humdard in pammi, Binti takes his promise to not visit pammi n gives letter. Rahil nailed this scene, he face lit up getting letter, he started crying and then he was feeling guilty reading Sudha's letter This scene was fab. Sudha receives  letter and in letter too chander lies to her saying everyone is happy here so u too be happy, it was his way of saying that i am fine without you to keep her at a distance

10. "Binti breaks her silence"

Binti's maturity comes from the fact that she was exposed to harsh realities of world since childhood whereas Sudha was always cocooned. Binti was listening to her mother's ghisa-pita lecture since childhood and one fine day she had enough of it, i loved how she gave back...irony is the shows made in 2015 shows that padhi likhi ladki who was independent n dabang turns into cat after marriage and keeps tolerating rubbish thrown at them 😡
they should take lesson from Binti 😆

11. Shukla realises his misake

Chander did not need to say a word, his condition , his face his painful eyes conveyed Shukla that he did wrong to him. Nothing was told or asked but everything was conveyed

12. "Chander always for Sudha"

When Sudha came back to shukla home, she was about to fall but Chander holds her ❤️ he was always there for her, to catch her when she fails, to guide her when she is lost  but but kash kailash se  shaadi k liye na kaha hota 

13. "Sudha asks pammi to leave Chander"

what a beautiful scene!!!! Sudha did not tautn pammi neither accused her nor showed rudeness, in simple words she says this is not her chander whom she have nurtured, she begs pammi to help chander, to save him from falling down and pammi obliged
"ye phool jab tumhare paas tha khila khila tha, mere paas murjha gaya"
it signified Chander was happy with Sudha but when she left he stopped living, he was just breathing

14.  Sudha spokes her heart

Finally she speaks out her heart "hame toh papa ne bida kardiya, hum chander ka khayal kaise rakh sakte hai" 💔
she was on verge of dying but still all she was concerned was about Chander and his well being...it was purity of her love, she didn't turn bitter, her love was immense, she tried but she couldn't stop herself from thinking about chander, her marriage also didn't made any difference to her love...how badly I wanted sudha n Chander to unite 😭 but they were not destined to be 😭

15. final scene:

Sudha takes promise from Binti to take care of chander, asked her father to convince chander to marry binti, she was breathing her last, but that too belonged to chander. shukla's expressions when sudha asked binti to tough chander's feet and put that hand on her head...his expression showed that somewhere he was unaware of Sudha's feelings towards chander😕

My fav was Sudha, i liked binti too but sudha's pain pained me muc. Chander-sudha pining for each other was heart breaking 😭 

p.s. Edits are not that good so manage  😆 I am so sad that show ended 😒 but all good things must come to an end 😃
p.s.s:I actually wanted to make this thread yesterday but was busy, will be waiting to know yours fav scene 😃

I actually wanted to make it as global thread but due to lack of time couldn't take permission from mods n have to make not so wow thread😆
Edited by peeyara - 8 years ago
kaush22 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: peeyara

Hello!!!

I tried hard but couldn't get the english version online. I beleive in reading rather than watching series based on books cos while making show/film the essence of book is lost somewhere and i hate it.
This is the first time that i have watched novel-based show before reading actual novel and I am glad that it had been an wonderful experience.
I dunno what exactly is written in novel but i loved the show. Everything was perfect...just perfect. So big Thanks to makers for not messing the story👏⭐️
Now coming to the show, from where do I start...
okay, i loved the thing that maker gave us realistic environment...be it sudha's home, pammi's home, library, railway station, train, phone, fridge everything depicted that its 1960s era...no blunder,IMO.
Ah how can i forget cycles n rickshaw😳they were my fav means of travel as child , i miss rickshaws very much

Now coming to the characters and Actors:
Chandar Kapoor:
He was not the rude, arrogant guy which is common on our TV, he was just simply the guy next door. sweet, charismatic, n of course with flaws. He was grounded, he was stupid in not understanding his own love for Sudhha. His whole world revolved around but still he didn't realize until it was too late. He appeared to be naive n innocent but he did understood pammi's intentions n avoided her. I love the way how he used to explain his point to pammi indirectly. I felt bad for him, kash Sudha se shadi k liye na kaha hota??? He did not want to return his Sir favors that way, he knew from beginning that his sir would not agree for inter caste marriage even though he treats him like family but the thin line was always there. Chander didn't wanted to cross that line. I liked this thing but it made him n Sudha suffer a lot
Rahil Azam-what should I say!!!! for me, he'll be hatim, i hate it when others portray hatim's character😆I was kid when he did hatim n i hv watched hatim as many tyms as it was telecasted😳probably he is the only Indian male actor jiske shows maine follow kiye ho😳Rahil as Chander was beyond perfect, I never judged his acting skills but in this show i closely observed and i must say he is perfect actor, his scenes after Sudha's marriage are worth watching...he literally gave life to chander⭐️👏

Sudha Shukla:
impish, bubbly, cute girl(unlike others show jahan cuteness n bubbly ka matlab stupidity hota hai😆n OTT acting😆) Sudha was never exposed to real life situations, she was too pampered n spoilt by chander n shuklaji yet she was not spoilt brat, she valued these two men most in her life, they were her life. Being around them was the only thing she needed. Her love was of kind giving n spreading to others. she believes in sharing in love even if it means hurting herself in process. her love was pure without expectations, just seeing her love happy. She could have denied marriage, she even was about to talk to her father but chander stopped her and she obeyed him. reason chander wanted that n like always she obliged without thinking about consequences. I would not call her dumb cos that will be insult to her love. she did what her love wanted her to do because since childhood she has done the things what chander told, she blindly followed him. she kept taunting him for making her marry as that was the only way she could have protested n made her disapproval obvious. though she was delicate but she had great mental strnght which helped her, to some extent, in coping the life without chander.
Umang Jain-I have only one word "wow", where were you girl , y nobody noticed you😕I have seen her in ads. i was not sure why she was chosen as lead but but she convinced me that no one else could have portray Sudha as nicely as she did⭐️👏. I was surprised seeing her acting. first half, she was impish n bubbly but post marriage she portrayed devastated sudha beyond my expectations. She was the surprise element for me😃

Binti:
girl with practical approach...i loved this thing about Binti, she was keen observer who observed everything going on in her surrounding. she spoke when needed, she know what to speak, how to speak, where to speak n when to speak. Her love for chander was immense but she knew Chander belonged to sudha with every single part of his being and she never tried to woo him. Instead she tried to became his backbone, his support and she was happy that way.

The actor portraying(dunno her name), she was good n was in the skin of the character.

Pammi:
it was good to see a lady ahead of times, she was independent, woman of her own wills, she was lonely. The reason she fell for chandar was that chander came as a man who was good at heart, respects women n he was not like a typical man who dominates etc. this qualities in him atttracted Pammi n she wanted him by hook or crook.

Shweta did good job as pammi.

Three ladies and three different perspectives of love and I loved all the definitions of love:
Sudha- her love was pure n of giving nature...love should be shared, She believed in nurturing her love with care and also sharing it fragrance with others, she did what her love wanted to do, for her love was worship...for me, it was true love❤️

Pammi- her love was all about "getting", yeh definition bhi sahi hai, agar kisi ko sacche dil se pyar karte ho toh jaan lagado usey paane ke liye

Binti- her love was understanding type, she choosed to support her love, give strength and was not concerned with getting love for herself...apne pyar ko jatao mat chup chap uska saath do

"all of them promised one thing or the other to each n they did fulfilled it" wo bhi kya din the jab waada nubhana jaan se badhkar hua karta tha aur aaj ka daur hai jahan waada aise bhulaya jaata hai jaise slate se kuch mitana

Shukla ji:
he came as a good soul, he was modern in his approach, he allowed sudha and chander's friendship to grow, allowed sudha to study whereas even in 2015 there are bunch of fathers who deprive their daughters from education . He was quite ahead of tym but he was in support of caste system. Though i did not liked this aspect of him but we cant deny that caste issues still prevail. The best example is of an incident where a temple was sashed off after being visited by a dalit chief minister. So to some extent he was following society norms n its a bitter truth that many of us still practice caste system.

Gesu:
Care free burd she was, she has a different outlook to life, she didnt let her bitter experience to cgange her for worst.

Kailash:
Wont say much just 3 words for him "i hate you" and the only reasin is the scene after sudha reads chander's letter , she clearly says him "doctor ne mana kiya" but he had no ears. This particular scene made me dislike him

Well these were the important Characters. I loved the whole cast , each ine of them acted their part well be it maati, kailash,bertie, servants, sudha's tuition masrer, lubrarian etc

It was a wonderful journey of 20 episodes and i loved every single bit of it. Big thanks to makers for bringing out the classic love story and showing it to young audience⭐️

OMG yaar, I love this post, thank you so much this is very detailed and brilliantly said. You are very correct, I hated Kailash too he didn't care about her at all he was basically just like Pammi but I guess Pammi had a softer corner in her heart like you said about the last convo between pammi and sudha! anyways loved your post!😊
farlu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Peeyara your post is very good.You wrote it so well that I don't have words to express .
Please make the favoirite scene post as global thread.
How you explain every character is brilliant exactly like what I feel but I am not good at writing or explaining things.
farlu thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I have lots of favoirite scenes.Most of them you already have mentioned in your post.
I can't forget the last scene in which Chander and binti were in the boat and Chander was putting sudha's ash in the water but he couldn't let go of the last thing he had to remember her by, and Binti had to open his fist o help him let go. After that they sat and cried.It was very heart wrenching.
2-Sudha died in chander's arms.
3-sudha and Chander hugged for the first and last time.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful post Peeyara and your favorite scenes are mine too. The last scenes where Sudha breathes her last was heart rendering to say the least. 
peeyara thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kaush22

OMG yaar, I love this post, thank you so much this is very detailed and brilliantly said. You are very correct, I hated Kailash too he didn't care about her at all he was basically just like Pammi but I guess Pammi had a softer corner in her heart like you said about the last convo between pammi and sudha! anyways loved your post!😊

Thanks for loving it 😃
peeyara thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: farlu

Peeyara your post is very good.You wrote it so well that I don't have words to express .
Please make the favoirite scene post as global thread.
How you explain every character is brilliant exactly like what I feel but I am not good at writing or explaining things.

Thanks for liking it 😃
I guess mujhe pehle permission leni chahiye thi mods ki but i didn't
Thread banakar i can't say k stick it 😆
If any mids is ur friend then do aak to stick this thread 😆
peeyara thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: farlu

I have lots of favoirite scenes.Most of them you already have mentioned in your post.
I can't forget the last scene in which Chander and binti were in the boat and Chander was putting sudha's ash in the water but he couldn't let go of the last thing he had to remember her by, and Binti had to open his fist o help him let go. After that they sat and cried.It was very heart wrenching.
2-Sudha died in chander's arms.
3-sudha and Chander hugged for the first and last time.

Its quite difficult to select fav scenes
All scenes were significant 😃
I even liked the scene where kailash asked shukla k kya woh sudha ko samjh paaye
peeyara thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shruthiravi

Beautiful post Peeyara and your favorite scenes are mine too. The last scenes where Sudha breathes her last was heart rendering to say the least.

Thanks shruti(i guess its ur name)
Yes her death was painful 😭