•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
For almost two days I'm having this pain in my lower back. It has ruined my mood!
I have been lifting weights for almost 6 months now (bent over row, barbell or DB curls, leg curl, squat, dips, deadlift, leg press, lunges etc) and I have not had this problem before. I used to do alot of cardio and no weightlifting. Now I focus very little on cardio and use my weight training as my cardio. I don't want to visit the physiotherapist. Are there any exercises I can do? Any suggestions.
I would agree with neha,
also talk to your gym instructor
A Marathon of Sitting Leads to Low Back Pain
Upon awakening one may sit to have coffee or breakfast before sitting to drive to work. When arriving at work the corporate employee will often sit at a desk or in meetings until lunch. Lunch involves more sitting, before sitting at the desk to finish the workday. Then of course there is the commute home and another sit-down meal.

Steps to follow for lower back pain - 
1. Supine Hamstring Stretch
Lying on your back, bend your right knee into your chest and place a strap or rolled-up towel around the ball of your foot. Straighten your leg toward the ceiling. Press out through both heels. If the lower back feels strained, bend the left knee and place the foot on the ground. Hold for 3-5 minutes and then switch to the left let for 3-5 minutes.
2. Two-Knee Twist
Lying on your back, bend your knees into your chest and bring your arms out at a T. As you exhale lower your knees to ground on the right. Keep both shoulders pressing down firmly. If the left shoulder lifts, lower your knees further away from the right arm. Hold for 1-2 minutes each side
3. Sphinx
Lying on your stomach, prop yourself up on your forearms. Align your elbows directly under your shoulders. Press firmly through your palms and the tops of your feet. Press your pubic bone forward. You will feel sensations in your lower back, but breathe through it. You are allowing blood flow into the lower back for healing. Hold for 1-3 minutes.

Originally posted by Rumination

For almost two days I'm having this pain in my lower back. It has ruined my mood!
I have been lifting weights for almost 6 months now (bent over row, barbell or DB curls, leg curl, squat, dips, deadlift, leg press, lunges etc) and I have not had this problem before. I used to do alot of cardio and no weightlifting. Now I focus very little on cardio and use my weight training as my cardio. I don't want to visit the physiotherapist. Are there any exercises I can do? Any suggestions.
Edited by shanewastson - 8 years ago
Posted: 7 years ago
There are many reasons for lower back pain. The mattress may also could be a reason. The too firm mattress may give you more pressure on your body and leads to misalignment so check out mattress made up of latex which can solve your problem.
Back pain is something people often complain about, but neglect considering it as trivial. With the spine supporting the whole body, negligence of back pain can badly affect health.There are several reasons for back pain. It could include ageing, activities like improper bending, lifting of heavy objects, strenuous training activities in gym, sports injuries or accidents. Only a trained practitioner can clearly identify the cause of pain. In the long term conventional medication may get you temporary relief but not a permanent solution for your back pain.Modern medicine has its limits in curing back pain. It is usual for doctors to prescribe pain killers, which only offer temporary relief. Alternatively, Ayurveda with its emphasis on treating the cause of pain rather than relieving the symptoms of the pain offers good results. Moreover Ayurvedic treatment helps in overall rejuvenation of your body and mind. you can refer the site for tips and treatments regarding backpain. 
http://www.superbeing.in/ Edited by dreamnetz - 7 years ago
Thanks for all the answers! I went to see a physiotherapist and I'm feeling much better now 👍🏼
Originally posted by Rumination

Thanks for all the answers! I went to see a physiotherapist and I'm feeling much better now 👍🏼
👍🏼
Hello rumination, how is your back pain?

My dad has back pain too.. It's been over a month and he's in pain :((

Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

Hello rumination, how is your back pain?

My dad has back pain too.. It's been over a month and he's in pain :((

Hey, I'm doing really good sweetheart, and I'm lately having almost no back pain 😊 Sorry to hear about your dad. Does he have any kind of back disorder like spinal disc herniation or a rheumatic disease that has affected his back? Take him to a physiotherapist. My physiotherapist gave me some back exercises, I have to do a couple of times a week. The exercises prevents my back pain to not become worse. I hope your dads gets well soon with no more back pain. 👍🏼