||Dhruv Bhandari IV with KLB||

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
  FINALLY OUR WAIT IS OVER
KLB Exclusive Interview: Dhruv Bhandari On His Past Projects And Future Plans

TELEVISION, TELEVISION LATEST UPDATE

The cute and talented Dhruv Bhandari has won many hearts as Mantu in the popular Star Plus show Tere Sheher Mein (TSM). The way he essayed the character sensitively proved that he is a terrific actor. Be it a romantic scene, or an emotional one, an action scene or a scene with his onscreen little brother, he was incredible in each one of them. No wonder, in a short frame of time, he has successfully generated a whopping fan base in India and abroad.

Soon, the chocolate boy's sudden disappearance from the show left numerous fans heartbroken. So much so, that his admirers started vigorous online campaigns to bring Mantu back on the show. But Dhruv, being the soft-hearted respectful person that he is, urged his fans not to abuse anyone for his exit from the show.

Dhruv, who entered into a shell after his father actor Mohan Bhandari's demise on September 24, is finally coming back to his normal routine life. The pain, however, hasn't subsided yet. Perhaps this is the reason why, Dhruv chose to speak only about his career and all things positive.

So, without any further ado, here's an EXCLUSIVE interview of Dhruv Bhandari or DB as he is fondly called. Over a cup of (strong) coffee with Kinky Little Boots, DB spoke about his TV career, love for stage and career plans.

Your recent tryst with acting was a successful one. So, when do we see you on screen next?

I'll say pray and keep your fingers crossed that I get a good project very soon and I come back super fast. You will get a chance to see me act very, very soon... maybe TV, maybe films.

What is your favorite moment as Mantu in TSM?

There are so many favorite moments of Mantu in TSM; but I guess, as they say the first is always the best. My entry in TSM was my favorite moment as Mantu.

Your stage show Taj Express has been loved by people outside India too. What was it that you loved in the show?

I love possibly everything about Taj Express. There is not even one thing that I can say I do not love about it. It's just the whole feeling of performing in theatre... performing live in front of 2000-5000 people every day. There is no high or rush you can get from anywhere else other than theatre. Plus, you are traveling around the world, you're visiting so many countries, learning and experiencing so much and you get to witness so many things that you will not be able to witness when you are restricting yourself to one particular set or location. Taj Express was so broad that there was hardly anything not to love. It's the most beautiful thing ever; it was like a dream job.

Would you like to go back to Taj Express?

Oh, yes! I mean if I get a chance to go back, I'd definitely go back any day; but, I should only hope and pray that they take me.

Are you open to doing more stage shows/theatre?

Yes, yes definitely I'd love to do stage shows. My loyalty will always be for Taj Express first. I love to perform! I love to do anything live! I love to dance! My roots are theatre as my Dad also started his career from theatre. I strongly feel that stage/theatre is an actors medium and personally it gives me a lot of room to explore and grow as a performer.

You did a cameo in Madhur Bhandarkar's Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji. How was it working with the director?

It was really good. He is very chilled out, a very sweet human being. He always made me feel very comfortable... even during my first shot. I loved working with him and the entire cast. It was a very good experience.

Any plan of doing Bollywood movies?

Yes, of course! I will do Bollywood films. That has been my dream since I was probably 3-4 years old. So, I will definitely do Bollywood films. And as they say when the time is right...I'll strike when the iron is hot, when the time is right.

Are you only looking at playing a lead actor or are you fine with parallel lead roles, in movies?

Obviously, I'm looking only at lead actor roles and heroic roles. I'd love to do that. But, I think in today's day and age, you can't really restrict yourself because the script really matters. So, if there is a very good script where you have a very good role and there is an equally heroic importance and character, I'd love to be a part of it.

What genre would you prefer to make your Bollywood debut as the lead actor?

I think I'd love to be a part of an action-romantic film. I love films which have a lot of depth and which have a lot of intensity. Of course, it has to be very commercially viable. I'm here to be a commercial hero. So, I think I'd love to do that. Even though I have a chocolate boy image, I think it contradicts what I am from inside. So, I hope as I get older in life I'll still look younger and look like a chocolate boy so that I can do it later. But, if given a choice I'd want to do an action-romantic film.

You did a musical dance show, so would you like to do a film based on dance?

Ya, why not! I mean I'll be scared to death to do a film based on dance because I don't know if I'll be able to do it that well, and plus I'll have to work very, very, very hard for it. But I'm game for it!

Which directors would you like to work with?

There are so many fantastic directors today that it's very difficult to pin point. But I think for a long time I've been thinking to work with Rajkumar Hirani or Imtiaz Ali because they are really good in their cinema.

Which actresses would you like to share screen space with?

No, why would I limit my options? ;)  I'm open to working with anybody who shares the same kind of passion and love for the project that we are doing and is on the same wave length.

Smart boy, ha? Truly, DB is a cute face coupled with an intelligent mind and oodles of talent. And to top it all, he's as down-to-earth as possible. We, at Kinky Little Boots, hope we scooped out all you wanted to know about Dhruv Bhandari and his career plans. We wish this young bundle of talent, with the support of his fans and well-wishers, all the very best and a glorious career ahead!

Have u enjoyed guys...our DB is really down to earth...love u DB

Edited by mantuamu - 8 years ago
tfs and dhruv is such a darling
TFS...
dhruv is such a sweetheart...hope to see him soon on-screen...it would be bonus if its with hiba...
Originally posted by Mages

TFS...
dhruv is such a sweetheart...hope to see him soon on-screen...it would be bonus if its with hiba...
want to see dhruhi again
Awww...he is such a sweetheart ...TFS...waiting for his on screen come back  eagerly 
Waiting for u Dhru...Come back soon
😭😭 I MISS HIM SO SO SO MUCH.
Now-a-days i hear more and more about RAMYA romance blooming day by day with jet speed😲, and more i get hurt and hurt..its unbearable 🥺

IF this is how we respect love,and if it is ultimate to fall for so called husband so soon.. then plzz don't ever love anyone before marriage and don't pretend that he is your life and you are crazy for him... 
your such fake concerns can destroy any ones life.. 
THIS WAS THE WORST SERIAL,IT FAILED TO PORTRAY LOVE IN ANY SENSE.. 
Every serials shows sacrifice for family and love..but here they simply abused the pure love by what they are showing.the sacrifice didn't remained the sacrifice any more. Amaya gupta found love so easily in his ram (RAMA).  BUT  i'm proud of my MANTU😊 he's love literally got even great👏 when the day ( double faced) amaya proved that she was a lier,cheater,can fall for any one so soon😕

BUT DHRUV I MISS YOU,PLZZ COME BACK WITH A BANG.WE DIDN'T GOT TO SEE YOU MORE AND MORE😭. Your one smile used to make my day now i don't get that often.then i go back to TSM1 to just keep you watching.. my MANYA my love..
but keep it aside plzz come soon on screen dhruv.. best wishes to you dear😛
such a daring person   and hats off to dhruv