Are the pen and paper redundant?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago

With computers having taken over our lives so completely are the days of papers and pens over?

Do children need to be chided in school for having bad handwriting and not knowing their spellings??

When was the last time you wrote a letter and posted it in the red letter box?? (  btw do they still recite that poem: "I sent a letter to my mother on the way I dropped it" in school still?)

Originally posted by TallyHo

With computers having taken over our lives so completely are the days of papers and pens over?

Do children need to be chided in school for having bad handwriting and not knowing their spellings??

When was the last time you wrote a letter and posted it in the red letter box?? (  btw do they still recite that poem: "I sent a letter to my mother on the way I dropped it" in school still?)

I really feel sad about this !!! I like writing letters but now by the time I finish writing letter I can actually speak that person.I used to write letters(good ones only!!!!) soo much now I switched to emails but I really feel there is no Life in emails!!!

Waiting for post man for letters used to be really exciting!!!!

Now we need to check whether the person is online or not,but stupid human beings they have the option of hiding their online status also but I'm much more stupid I check by buddy spy software!!!

cheers,

Mythili

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Letter writting is going to be a dead art, just like pegion flying became a dead art after implementation of postal service.

Sad but true.Nowadays postal service is only for official letters.

Writing is writing, doesnt matter if its hand written or typed. The emotions, you put into your words...they will still be there even if you type a letter. I like typing, it has spell check, and is faster for me. In a way, easier..esp for school stuff. My teachers dont except work thats not typed unless we have a good reason such as we dotn have a computer. But..I mean, you email it or post it...what difference. A book is typed, not hand written....does that change how we feel after reading a very good book? No, like I said, emotions are emotions whether there typed or hand written. The wording, and feeling, the love..everything is still the same, becuz its still you writing it. The only thing that maybe different is the font.

Is this what u meant?

Edited by Desi Pride - 17 years ago

Originally posted by abhijit shukla

Letter writting is going to be a dead art, just like pegion flying became a dead art after implementation of postal service.

and well...i'm glad we started using the postal service 😆

but you know...the other week, i got a letter from a friend of mine (skool frend) and it was like "OMG! WOW! i feel so honoured!!" 😆

but really, writing letters is just another form of communication...and these forms and methods change with time....

i mean we dont use messengers no more

although all of this reminds me of this popular punjabi song by Hans Raj Hans (if any of u know it :P)

"tussi chhithiyan pouniya bhulgaye, jadon da telephone lageya"
email writing is now a great art :p

pen and paper will be evicted sooner or later.

1. durability of paper is less than computer memory
2. with computer you can edit your writings
3. writing with pen takes more energy than computer
4. there is an auto-spell checker in computers ;-)
agree with all...only can some one tell the teachers in the Indian school all this and ask them not to cut half a mark for each spelling mistake the children make in their exam papers! 😛

Originally posted by TallyHo

agree with all...only can some one tell the teachers in the Indian school all this and ask them not to cut half a mark for each spelling mistake the children make in their exam papers! 😛

Is it me!!!!!! An Indian Teacher!!!