Posted: 8 years ago
Jyo you had asked me about the steps I keep for golu

I forgot to respond, I am sorry

My golu is by no means "designer" My Mom does that with steps constructed by my Thatha, 60 years ago, he is the most amazing handyman have ever met ...

I make my steps with Rubbermaid boxes, Amazon cartons and my and husband's Grad School text books... (kabhi to kaam aayenge text books)

The dolls and toys range from what I received as heirloom from parents and their visits to Tanjore and Madurai and Trichy etc, the rest, is all Pokemon, Spongebob, Princess Ariel and what not...
Originally posted by putti77

I am not sure but you seem to somehow find JUST THE RIGHT pictures relating to the story

THIS ONE IS TOO DAMN CUTE
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Kalpana

It went fabulously well

Jinko bulaya woh sab aaye

I made idli, sambar, coconut cilantro chutney and onion tomato chutney, sundal (chana prashad) chakara pongal and rice noodles with lemon, veggies and fennel leaves twist. I wore my Amma's oonjal saree from nearly 50 years ago, she gave us her wedding sarees a few years ago, it has begun to karanjufy (kind of softly tear up in places)😭 but yet I will not abandon it.

Its the most gorgeous combination of all plain ripe kesar mango yellow with a slim parrot green border with zari motifs on it, no jango designer mumbo jumbo of any sort
99% of the saree is as good as new... sigh!! 😳The colors are bright and the texture rich and inviting.

I went to a friend's house last night for her Navaratri, I wore a green crepe silk I got from Prakriti on MG Rd three years ago... from there went to watch BRIDGE OF SPIES WEARING A SAREE. the theatre was packed people turned around and smiled... taking in the green saree and green bindi..πŸ˜† People were in their Saturday rainy night best, sweats and hoodie, it was raining hard... I walked with my saree and pallu clutched in one hand...πŸ˜†

Oh! My Goodness... a Bridge is a Spielberg masterpiece. MUST WATCH

Happy you had a great week . Yellow with parrot green has grace written all over it. And it's a heir loom . Precious.
Rice sevai with fennel leaves twist. Will try it soon at home.

I am not sure but you seem to somehow find JUST THE RIGHT pictures relating to the story

THIS ONE IS TOO DAMN CUTE

Putti... You dig and come up with Gold every single time. Thanks for the share.
Periappa povum alle??hmmm...inevitable...πŸ˜”
Sahana sat ON the table and aimed for one plate or another, II set her on the kitchen floor every few minutes,
she threw a enormous fit hugging her Daddy's legs

He hoisted her back on the table

She ate whatever scraps her siblings handed to her.

❀️
Originally posted by Errantnomad

Putti... You dig and come up with Gold every single time. Thanks for the share.

Super putti!!!πŸ˜†
Hey Nouf ... Really been a long time. How have you been.
How many hours does a resident doctor required to put?
Edited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
The dude

Jyo you had asked me about the steps I keep for golu

I forgot to respond, I am sorry

My golu is by no means "designer" My Mom does that with steps constructed by my Thatha, 60 years ago, he is the most amazing handyman have ever met ...

I make my steps with Rubbermaid boxes, Amazon cartons and my and husband's Grad School text books... (kabhi to kaam aayenge text books)

The dolls and toys range from what I received as heirloom from parents and their visits to Tanjore and Madurai and Trichy etc, the rest, is all Pokemon, Spongebob, Princess Ariel and what not...

Nisha I used to love to keep gollu in bangalore our steps were normally a cabinet with my engineering text books and a couple of wooden planks converted into 5 steps and the dolls were all sorts of God's with the traditional marriage set in the end and the marpache.dolls in the top set 

So miss those days 

This year it's only the marpache dolls 
Originally posted by Errantnomad

Hey Nouf ... Really been a long time. How have you been.
How many hours does a resident doctor require to put?

That depends on the unit n deptmt kalpana...i m now in internal medicine deptmt and our units OP day comes in saturday.so my weekends n most of the weekdays r tight.only freeday is friday .that i use to sleep πŸ˜›