Posted: 8 years ago
Topic of discussion ladies! 
Hoe right is it on any individual's part to provoke another human to an extent where they kill someone else or kill themselves? 
Many hundreds of years ago in a small Italian town, a merchant had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to the moneylender. The moneylender, who was old and ugly, fancied the merchant's beautiful daughter so he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the merchant's debt if he could marry the daughter. Both the merchant and his daughter were horrified by the proposal.

The moneylender told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty bag. The girl would then have to pick one pebble from the bag.If she picked the black pebble, she would become the moneylender's wife and her father's debt would be forgiven. If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him and her father's debt would still be forgiven. But if she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into jail.

They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the merchant's garden. As they talked, the moneylender bent over to pick up two pebbles. As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebbles and put them into the bag. He then asked the girl to pick her pebble from the bag.

What would you have done if you were the girl? If you had to advise her, what would you have told her? Careful analysis would produce three possibilities:

1. The girl should refuse to take a pebble.

2. The girl should show that there were two black pebbles in the bag and expose the moneylender as a cheat.

3. The girl should pick a black pebble and sacrifice herself in order to save her father from his debt and imprisonment.

The above story is used with the hope that it will make us appreciate the difference between lateral and logical thinking.

The girl put her hand into the moneybag and drew out a pebble. Without looking at it, she fumbled and let it fall onto the pebble-strewn path where it immediately became lost among all the other pebbles.

"Oh, how clumsy of me," she said. "But never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked." Since the remaining pebble is black, it  be assumed that she had picked the white one. And since the moneylender dared not admit his dishonesty, the girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an advantageous one.
thank u so much shilpa and pritee
Ashu had typed a big post on the provocation topic. All was eaten up by IF.
My take - the person provoking should not be spared.
As such provocation in spur of moment may lead to huge mistake which that person for sure will regret later.

The one who provokes does so intentionally. 

That's the reason it is rightly said criminals are made they are not born criminals. 
Provocation is premeditated and with intention to cause harm. Although punishable under IPC (Indian Penal Code) its a bailable offence.
I guess there have been numerous times when such provocation either leads to suicide or murder or such henious crimes including rape. 
I am assuming the topic of discussion pertains to the taunts leading to shaguns supposed suicide. My thoughts on this till now every act of shagun from the refusal to carry ruhi to the earthquake and parda scene has been with the intent to hurt malign humiliate others and have her way. Similar has suffered at the hands of param and subbu directly and shagun ashok indirectly she hated ishitha but now is protective to her . mihir and mihika have suffered emotionally financially due to the scheming ways of shagun. Even the fingerprint day and blackmailing Raman to withdraw the case were her ways of getting what she wants. I don't see a reason to blame similar mihir vandhu as each of them is wondering how to save ishitha. She has seemed stoic after the miscarriage and Raman points others may see her as being strong but she is vulnerable. How often has shagun taunted ishitha has public ally humiliated her as bhanj ayah . everyone is aware of that side of her they have not seen the prodical penitent side accepting surrogacy as atonement. Even in parting one sees the mean side and they have no reason to view her otherwise. Intent to drive her to leave was there but not of the premeditated kind of planting a sister for mihir planning a holiday without ishitha to seduce Raman during the accident new year and lohri not the objection to wedding so craftily used or even the kids swap. I have no sympathy for this fictional character.    Not sure if I should not use the serial...if it should not be named...but it is a track lending itself for such bashing ...I read the posts to while away time couldn't resist using it as a referral point. SORRY IF IT HURTS OR UPSETS ANY OF YOU IT IS NOT MY INTENT
Why I think of is that no onecan force a normal person to commit suside until nd unless the person itself is willing to or is mentally unstable or is under some sort of mental pressure or guilt!!
If a person is sane enough then he or she will not commit such thing.
If a person is vulnerable then other people talks or bashing acts as a fire...
Well this is why I think and according to me not every time any one is responsible for the suside
A girl was standing on the roof of a high building. After finding out that her husband was cheating on her, she wanted to end with her life. After a short hesitation, she made a step forward. The girl fell fast towards the ground. But just before the death, the fear filled her soul. Suddenly she felt like she was in someone's embrace. She opened her eyes and saw an angel, who was holding her in his hands.
- Why didn't you let me fall? - She asked with anger.
- I will let you go if you agree to die understanding that there won't be any memories of you left on earth, nothing.
- How is that? - asked the girl in surprise.
- You don't have children, who would remember you, your mother is old and she will die soon. And everyone else...they will forget about you soon...
- And my husband? He will blame himself for my death. If he will feel remorse all his life, he will remember me.
- That won't happen, he doesn't love you, he is happy with another woman. And he won't blame himself for a long time, soon he will forget you.
- Fine, I believe you. But I have things, photographs.
- Your apartment will burn down after one year. And all your things will turn into ash...
- But my friends have photos of me.
- You don't have friends, - the angel said quite coldly.
- But... I am on the collective school photos.
Suddenly, the angel started to unclamp his hands.
- You are letting me go because I proved to you that there will be memories about me left? - The girl asked mockingly.
- No. You are clinging to the strings so hard; you are convincing me that I would let you die, just like others are clinging to some futile opportunities so that they could live. I don't want to spend these moments with you, because I could help other people during that time. I want to give people a chance to live, not to die.
Ok guys at last packing done ( it's hectic with kids) me sighning off now
Will leave Tomm morning at 6:00. Will log in to see updates whenever possible.
Full time Back from Monday night. So till then bye, take care and complete the thread 😉