Minors and Internet addiction!!!

Posted: 17 years ago

Hi friends !!!

Just now I read this article:

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=http://www.hindusta ntimes.com/news/181_1830834,00040006.htm?headline=China~to~s hield~kids~from~Net~addiction

China to develop technology to check Internet addiction

Indo-Asian News Service

Beijing, October 28, 2006

China is considering a law to encourage the research and development of technology to stop minors from becoming Internet addicts.

The draft amendment to a law on the protection of minors would encourage the development of technology that can terminate online gaming at fixed time.

The draft has been submitted to the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress.

It also bans minors from entering commercial dance halls, bars and Internet cafes.

The move comes amid rising concern that increasing number of youths are getting hooked to the Internet.

The government estimates that China has about 15.4 million youths among its 123 million netizens. Two million of them are Internet addicts, and the number is increasing rapidly.

The draft legislation would also prohibit the production and sale of books, newspapers, audio-video products, computer games and cartoons with po*nographic, violent, disturbing contents or gambling information to minors.

Those breaking the law would face "severe punishment".

Shops or individuals caught selling tobacco and wine to minors would face administrative punishments such as fines.

Some provisions deleted at the last deliberation two months ago have been restored, including the one where "parents and other guardians must not allow or force minors to get married, or make a marriage contract for them".

The law, which went into effect in 1992, also adds articles in the draft aiming to protect the privacy of minors.

It prohibits others from opening, hiding or scrapping minors' letters, diaries and e-mails, except judicial staffs, parents and guardians of disabled children.

It also forbids abduction, trafficking, abuse and sexual offence involving minors, threatening heavy punishment to people seeking returns by forcing children to beg or act in other undesirable ways.

According to the draft, teachers who insult or physically punish their students would be fired, given administrative punishment or other penalties according to the nature of the infraction.

The schools would be told not to prolong study time and increase students' workload so as to ensure adequate time for sleep and sports activities.

What do you think about this??

Is it fair?

Should your country also adopt this type of laws?

Why should'nt children have some restrictions?

Don't you think Children of modern era are more rebellious?

Will u people fight like this...

or

Will you say ...

Or

Will you say this...

Please feel free to share your views.

I'm not going to show this article to my mom or dad becoz they support China in this issue๐Ÿ˜†!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Mythili...u a minor????? ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

I'm not going to show this article to my mom or dad becoz they support China in this issue๐Ÿ˜†!!!

Cheers,

Mythili

Are you a minor?๐Ÿ˜‰

Originally posted by *Maya*

Are you a minor?๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah !!! i'm a minor,atleast in mentality๐Ÿ˜†,hope u people understood me atleast  now!!!

Let me feel young atleast in the forum!!!

Cheers,

Baby Mythili

Edited by mythili_Kiran - 17 years ago
Originally posted by mythili_Kiran

Yeah !!! i'm a minor,atleast in mentality๐Ÿ˜†,hope u people understood me atleast  now!!!

Let me feel young atleast in the forum!!!

Cheers,

Baby Mythili

๐Ÿ˜† Baby mythili!! chho chweet!

๐Ÿ˜† na...i dont reckon that kids are becomin more rebellious......

well not as a generalisation anyways

๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜†
nooooo... i wouldn't want that to happen here ๐Ÿ˜ญ
yes minors get addicted to anything new like X-box, Sony PS, internet, tv anything

thanks,
Nancy
minors should only be allowed near science/kids sites .

Originally posted by Snape

minors should only be allowed near science/kids sites .

Good idea!!! So shall we include Physics,Biology and Chemistry sections in India Forums!!!