SS 54 Mother & Mothering - Page 110

Posted: 8 years ago
Manya being the one straight to shoot could hv told II when she was asked what would be her preference for breakfast.
You hv someone standing in the kitchen cooking and asking what would they like to have.
And the person needs to be told if there's an alternate plan.
II has impulsive , possessive traits as such and when you put food on the table and if that effort is dismissed , you are bound to get irritated .
Manny could have showed some tact as well here. There was nothing wrong with manny not wanting to eat upma but to come like a bhombhat pushing her father saying if you eat this how will you eat what the dude's getting. It's bound to irritate anyone who is attempting to put food on the table .
But diplomacy and Manny is like asking how much does a kilo of it cost.
There has to be an effort from both sides to include new relations
But we thrive on Conflicts ๐Ÿ˜ณ and that is the premise here.
The first year of marriage, there's always these subtle skirmishes that happen.
To let go that easily is not everybody's piece of cake.
Originally posted by Errantnomad

Manya being the one straight to shoot could hv told II when she was asked what would be her preference for breakfast.
You hv someone standing in the kitchen cooking and asking what would they like to have.
And the person needs to be told if there's an alternate plan.
II has impulsive , possessive traits as such and when you put food on the table and if that effort is dismissed , you are bound to get irritated .
Manny could have showed some tact as well here. There was nothing wrong with manny not wanting to eat upma but to come like a bhombhat pushing her father saying if you eat this how will you eat what the dude's getting. It's bound to irritate anyone who is attempting to put food on the table .
But diplomacy and Manny is like asking how much does a kilo of it cost.
There has to be an effort from both sides to include new relations
But we thrive on Conflicts ๐Ÿ˜ณ and that is the premise here.
The first year of marriage, there's always these subtle skirmishes that happen.
To let go that easily is not everybody's piece of cake.

I will not fault II in this morning's fiasco. She did the reasonable thing, ask the guest what she wants to eat or if she will have chai She is simple she is middle class she doesnt know Manny has espresso for breakfast. Manny does not have a dark secret agenda, but a combination of things is causing her to be a bitch

She didnt expect II there, Ranjan would have been "ok". Seeing a pregnant II everyday is going to be hard for Manya. Its like roles have reversed, R&B would roam like a vagabond now Manya is.
Avaloda manasu alai payardu (she feels the strange sense of disharmony inside), she gave up marriage, she gave up a partner after wards, is now involved with a active duty military guy with no chances of being in one place unless she relocates to Delhi, R&B is 31? she is 32? 33?

She is not quite the consummate socialite she pretends to be, deep down she probably will be OK with a "home and kids" u know. She probably got away from Sydney hoping she can have many heart to heart convos with R&B but the guy has unexpected visitors

One of whom he is totally smitten with๐Ÿ˜•

The wavelengths are way too different here and it's going to take a lot of time for II and manny to accept each other. II has to just try not too hard like Swa says and manny has to realise that II is here to stay and going nowhere and her brother has got his anchor ๐Ÿ˜ƒEdited by Errantnomad - 8 years ago
I do not think it is wrong for II to not like Manny's manipulations... My thinking, n purely mine, is that II comes from middle class... She is OK with That niece of Bala coming n staying full time at munirka..all coz middle class people have to grin n bear it...but same middle class person throws tantrum when Manny demands non-veg/take out breakfast... Something her hubby is readily agreeing to get n does not cause any trouble for II or her food habits... Why is it so wrong?? The moment she saw Manny its like her bubble burst... I have a problem with that... She has been lucky to get most non-inlaw kindz second family...her hubby is most non-indian-hubbylike creature possible...yet she cant take the smallest friction or mann ke khilaaf baatein...๐Ÿ˜†  Atleast Manny doesnt say downright wrong and insulting things like Appa... N yet Dude bears it without a single shikan or wrinkle on his forehead... Why cant she then?
II agar truly middle class mei shaadi karti toh uske liye ek gaana hai:
Bahut kathin hai dagar panghat ki ๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
Hersh

In one simple sentence I will repeat what Ive said over three different posts:

"IF MANNY WAS NICE she would even cook the pork"

If Sam had demanded lamb she would probably go to Carrefour and pick it up. The difference is IN THE PERSON

The vibe you give is the behavior you get

II is not a thankless bitch, I am sorry if u get the impression

She is not perfect. I agree fully
No Hershey , II is not OK with the niece of Bala coming and staying at Munirkha.

And her bubble burst as they have not exactly started off well.

There's always been this distance...
Manny calls MM and never attempts to speak to II .
She never even called II to congratulate her on her pregnancy.
So her bubble could pop on seeing Manny at the door
Originally posted by Errantnomad

No Hershey , II is not OK with the niece of Bala coming and staying at Munirkha.

And her bubble burst as they have not exactly started off well.

There's always been this distance...
Manny calls MM and never attempts to speak to II .
She never even called II to congratulate her on her pregnancy.
So her bubble could pop on seeing Manny at the door

THANK YOU

I forgot

Yes, Manny is yet to congratulate her, what is Hersh's explanation for that?
She talks to her brother and sister and Dad almost hourly. II has done nothing to deserve to be treated that way

She cant eat toast for breakfast one morning BIG WHOOP!
Well u know what? this is not Sydney... this is her bro's house

She has been here almost 4 hours? she hasnt hugged or complimented II yet
She is seeing here every minute
When Chachu blasted her II was so fearful she was ready to go see them last weekend (she didnt๐Ÿ˜†)

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Hersh

In one simple sentence I will repeat what Ive said over three different posts:

"IF MANNY WAS NICE she would even cook the pork"

If Sam had demanded lamb she would probably go to Carrefour and pick it up. The difference is IN THE PERSON

The vibe you give is the behavior you get

II is not a thankless bitch, I am sorry if u get the impression

She is not perfect. I agree fully
I dont say II is a bitch... I say II is soo immature and impatient... The littlest of friction and she fulao-es muh like a gubbara...why??
If Manny was nice matlab she would have kept II sar-aankhon par... Like Sam and Ranjan... Toh fir toh II ke mann ke khilaaf kuch tha hi nahi... But to handle a thankless person with some saneness would also put that saamne wala in some shame... Manny IS MANIPULATING! Lets say Manny is a high society bitch! But just coz someone underhands II ke mann ke khilaaf baat, II will throw a tantrum with R&B?!?... Fir uss hisab se R&B should not enter DII or let Appa meet his daughter, if he continues R&B should throw bigg tantrum..afterall Appa said the most nasty thing possible n that too directly - he said there was NO NEED for a baby... Like, Vandu begetted ONLY out of need... That, for me, is meanness... Infact its down right insulting... Dude has not uttered a single word against Appa yet.. Never questioned why and how of it... N yet II does what she doesnt expect Dude to even blink at.
To sum it up, if II had not shown ANY reaction to Manny, it would have painted Manny's manipulations in a worse manner..her tantrums just make Manny n II equal in my eyes. Thats all... Again, not saying II is a bitch... But II deffo doesnt count her blessings.

THANK YOU

I forgot

She talks to her brother and sister and Dad almost hourly. II has done nothing to deserve to be treated that way

When Chachu blasted her II was so fearful she was ready to go see them last weekend (she didnt๐Ÿ˜†)

Sure she is not in sydney and in her bro's house...

bro's house being the key nish...

so if R&B is willing to get something for her, what is the big deal ???

lets say bala is going out to get something specific for his appa/amma who is visiting him...no biggie...

my thing is this...

manny doesnt like II...she didnt congratulate...so I am asking II to ignore and do her work...not to overthink or throw tantrum to her husband who has nothing to do with this...

Inlaws are like that only...u shud learn to ignore...everyone is not going to be sam or Ranjan to pet her as gudiya...if the dude is throwing a tantrum everytime appa says something, she will be squeezed between appa and dude and would have run away now...

THANK YOU

I forgot

I thought she called R&B n then spoke to II... NO?!?
Yes she didnt eat toast for breakfast..she demanded take out... She is a Rich spoilt bitch who is visiting her brother's house... She demands pampering... How is it new to II? She knows Manny always demands n gets what she wants.. Why the tantrum...wo toh MM mei bhi Mahavir se banwati thi sab se alag food... Nothing new in that discovery...
Its wrong on Manny's part if she has not wished II... 
Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago