SS 53 Software Symphony - Page 107

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by Errantnomad

Jyo, every scene of that movie is etched in my memory.

Kalpana I have never seen the movie fully but I am a big time fan of illayraja music tats wat made me enjoy the music of this movie 

Originally posted by jyothi_cool

Yup based on sindhu bhairavi ragam
KSC got national award for naan oru Sindhu and paadariyen ! Ilayaraja made her skip her Music exam and forced her to sing the songs for this movie. πŸ‘
Just Saw the link Asma shared. Drishti last week made a post on the needless extravagance of our weddings. It got me thinking that day   
My Rant here...
No offence meant to hurt cultural and religious sentiments but we have come a long way from the days where marriages I remember were a beautiful blend of traditions , customs along with fun filled rituals.

Fat weddings.Invitations have become office break gossips! Destination weddings! Designer ruckus and the jazz. Lehangas , the sherwanis , the suits, sarees and the works and the cost is always hushed eyebrow raising whispers .

Queens and kings of bling, we are. We have guests looking at the bride and groom up on a stage that revolves and rotates as garlands are exchanged and instead of people showering blessings with flowers its motorized jetset of flowers on the couple.Marigolds have given way to orchids. Food and gifts becomes the talk of the town . Show your connects and power being the Mantra that is chanted and heard . I am not even talking of the chattarpur mehrauli road west end greens farmhouse weddings where it's which celebrity you managed to coup of sorts to dance at your son/ daughters wedding.

And in all this hoopla you have the the gadgetised to speed pandit / vadhyar chanting his Vedic mantras that not many people pay heed too as we are busy catching up in the two hrs we have , no kidding, we hv to beat the traffic, we have to beat the queue to gift the couple, we have to beat the queue for food and we hv to time it to get home and get ready for the next day's grind.
Not to mention the anxiety of the parents to take care of the VIP guests and not so VIP guests and when mishaps like the crane happens you get all the popularity that you expected to garner.
And the bride and the groom after all the photos and tired smiles cannot wait to get away if possible to the ARCTIC to celebrate their honeymoon.
Parents get heart ailments after finishing conducting a wedding a celebration they ought to have enjoyed. And we have nobody but ourselves to blame. We are victims of our own doing and most of us are sheeps who follow the herd.Huh! For no reason this is called the great indian wedding circus/ tamasha.

We run this 100 metres dash / race day in day out and reaching the finishing line is always one extra yard tough to beat.

Strive for a balance we must when the time comes though it will be a huge challenge to not succumb to expectations /pressures placed of us, some self placed and others by the society we are part of.

Kalpana reading your post on weddings has got me out of bed ...couldn't agree any more...joining the rant...Weddings today are events managed with designers and planners trying to add value' Read increasing wasteful expenditure...they are losing  significance/relevance  and meaning ...mere  events...talk of the town ...it is more about material and places...show and glitz...love significance of moments and bonding or coming together to celebrate a family event ...sharing roles and responsibilities and making special memories...everything outsourced...mechanised...
You find that the madness has percolated to all strata of society. You have Flex hoardings of the couple... Media coverage...traffic snarls and  generation of tonnes of wastage...designers for everything  from Akshadhai containers to decor...Palaces and  monuments forming the back drop...food courts...menus  and chefs dishing out fares to please every palate...the exotic floral backdrops to varied locations for every event in the  wedding... spanning many days and involves months of frantic planning to blow a  lifetime's earnings and  incur an eternal debt in some cases ...marriages sometimes don't even last the number of days the events are held...
There seems to be an urge for ostentatious flaunting of wealth...sangeeth and  mehendhi cocktails and dinner...detailing of how and what for appearances and modes...milling crowds posing for photographs video shoots with people who dont personally know the couple or add any significance to their life...return gifts for the guests with designer packagings...hand delivered  with  cards and messages to add the 'persolised touch'...invitations in every colour size and shape and texture...theme coded... colour coded...dress coded...live commentaries and huge screens to help you stay connected  with what is happening at the venue  half a kilometer away...where you point to the screen to say so that's the boy or girl...you forget the purpose you are there and start adding notes on features to add on to the to do list ...to buy list...to demand list...mental notes is one...documenting it on phones and pads to tweet post or talk about...Even when the muhurtham is on ...folks are not thinking of the couple ...looking in their direction ... or aware of what's going on...or care to walk up to congratulate them or their families...offer blessings and best wishes...Arthame puriyala...
I have consciously chosen to attend only those weddings where either the couple or their parents are close friends or relatives...preferably  for the Muhurtham...

Nisha, Kalpana, Jasmine, Jothy and others that love tamizh songs for the lyrics listen to Kangal irandaal ...Subramaniapuram...husky renderings somehow reminds of II and her dude...avoid watching the video if you canπŸ˜‰
Kalpana
I FULLY agree, Bollywood dictates how we live our life, for 90% of the country, even for those that  "pretend" not to care about Bollywood, when it comes time to get married they want a Arpita Khan wedding

Ughhh!!!

Bollywood on the other hand couldnt get more flaky and fake
There are promos released for  a new movie's

SONG
FIGHT SEQUENCE
ROMANCE
TRAILER
Leave home for a shoot
Getting into the car
Getting out of the car
Going to the bathroom before going to the shoot
Crapping in Austria is a promo
SRK trimming nose hair for DDLJ2 is a new promo

It cannot get any more ghastly and pointless
They only time they involve themselves with charity is when they have to dodge prison time. Otherwise they dont give a DAMN how the other 99% lives
Freida Pinto was pictured with Michelle Obama two days ago, for the life of me I could not understand why she deserved the honor

Nandita Das? Maybe but Nandita didnt get it.
Frieda epitomizes everything thats greedy, selfish, narcissistic and undeserving. From Slumdog-to dumping husband-to Loreal-to Cannes to White House

It will take a million innocent deaths before people wake up from their Bolly induced coma

[QUOTE=Nisha0604] <font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Kalpana
I FULLY agree, Bollywood dictates how we live our life, for 90% of the country, even for those that "pretend" not to care about Bollywood, when it comes time to get married they want a Arpita Khan wedding

Ughhh!!!

Bollywood on the other hand couldnt get more flaky and fake
There are promos released for a new movie's

SONG
FIGHT SEQUENCE
ROMANCE
TRAILER
Leave home for a shoot
Getting into the car
Getting out of the car
Going to the bathroom before going to the shoot
Crapping in Austria is a promo
SRK trimming nose hair for DDLJ2 is a new promo

It cannot get any more ghastly and pointless
They only time they involve themselves with charity is when they have to dodge prison time. Otherwise they dont give a DAMN how the other 99% lives
Freida Pinto was pictured with Michelle Obama two days ago, for the life of me I could not understand why she deserved the honor

Nandita Das? Maybe but Nandita didnt get it.
Frieda epitomizes everything thats greedy, selfish, narcissistic and undeserving. From Slumdog-to dumping husband-to Loreal-to Cannes to White House

It will take a million innocent deaths before people wake up from their Bolly induced coma</font>

Nachinu irindadhu Nisha!Slumdog movie and it's cast cannot be the image we should care to project.
Pinto representing what honor , yeah pigs can fly. Agree, this is bolly induced coma.
And people will ask who kailash satyarthi?

Originally posted by moonwearer

<font size="2">Kalpana reading your post on weddings has got me out of bed ...couldn't agree any more...joining the rant...Weddings today are events managed with designers and planners trying to add value' Read increasing wasteful expenditure...they are losing significance/relevance and meaning ...mere events...talk of the town ...it is more about material and places...show and glitz...love significance of moments and bonding or coming together to celebrate a family event ...sharing roles and responsibilities and making special memories...everything outsourced...mechanised...
You find that the madness has percolated to all strata of society. You have Flex hoardings of the couple... Media coverage...traffic snarls and generation of tonnes of wastage...designers for everything from Akshadhai containers to decor...Palaces and monuments forming the back drop...food courts...menus and chefs dishing out fares to please every palate...the exotic floral backdrops to varied locations for every event in the wedding... spanning many days and involves months of frantic planning to blow a lifetime's earnings and incur an eternal debt in some cases ...marriages sometimes don't even last the number of days the events are held...
There seems to be an urge for ostentatious flaunting of wealth...sangeeth and mehendhi cocktails and dinner...detailing of how and what for appearances and modes...milling crowds posing for photographs video shoots with people who dont personally know the couple or add any significance to their life...return gifts for the guests with designer packagings...hand delivered with cards and messages to add the 'persolised touch'...invitations in every colour size and shape and texture...theme coded... colour coded...dress coded...live commentaries and huge screens to help you stay connected with what is happening at the venue half a kilometer away...where you point to the screen to say so that's the boy or girl...you forget the purpose you are there and start adding notes on features to add on to the to do list ...to buy list...to demand list...mental notes is one...documenting it on phones and pads to tweet post or talk about...Even when the muhurtham is on ...folks are not thinking of the couple ...looking in their direction ... or aware of what's going on...or care to walk up to congratulate them or their families...offer blessings and best wishes...Arthame puriyala...
I have consciously chosen to attend only those weddings where either the couple or their parents are close friends or relatives...preferably for the Muhurtham...</font>

Bang on Sri, it has percolated to all stratas of society.
Hello Nisha. I agree that bollywood  cricket and politics is the new religion governing the belief  system of the country the loud exhibitionism and narcissistic attitude of folks we glorify as heroes... We are promoting a generation that wants more more and more attention...materials...people stoop to any levels to get that without batting an eyelid...no qualms about stooping to any level  bending any point in the rulebook and rub shoulders with anybody if there can be a hype and hoopla around it...very sad to see this unfold in front of your eyes and vast majority consuming it unquestioningly
I agree to most of the points...but there is also an other side to the same coin...
Take for example, I am an only child for my parents (no brothers or sisters)...nalaiku for my marriage, everything shud be done only by my parents...munns mathiri the guys and girls dont marry young when the parents are healthy...today, I am 25 and my parents are 60+. They have sugar, blood pressure and mootu vali...so they cant single handedly take care of all the arrangements...and in today's world how many of ur cousins/ brothers or brother's family will help u ??? They have their own kids...their son is coming from office at 11 from iny/tcs...some are having boards etc...In this case, I will hire a marriage planner...ithula onnum thappu illaye ??? Expecting it to be a family event where everyone puts their effort is no more possible...As for the extravagance, ppl do it if they have money...They wanted their child's function to be special...a happiness at the end...avlo than...according to me, if u have means to spend, go ahead and do it...there is nothing wrong in that...