Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi

Asian Age:Ekta is a great mentor: Gautam Gupta

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Gautam Gupta, who became popular as Radhika Madan's brother in Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi, has now bagged the lead role in Ekta Kapoor's next Kuch Toh Hai Tere Mere Darmiyaan. The actor tells us that he will continue to be a part of Meri Aashiqui.. Excerpts from an interview:

After playing second lead in Meri Aashiqui, how does it feel to play the lead?
There is so much responsibility that comes with playing a lead. On the earlier show, I was at ease and now, I need to be very sharp with my work since the camera is always following me. The burden has increased since the show depends on us more than anyone else. Having said that, it feels amazing. I am much more focused today.

How do you balance between two shows?
Both the shows are a part of Balaji. They are the most cooperative people I have ever worked with. They are managing my schedules so that I am able to keep up with both the shows. I hope it continues the same way.

Tell us something about the character...
Madhvan is a South Indian boy who is born and brought up in Jamshedpur. He is hard working and ambitious until he falls in love. He would probably rate love over everything else and his only purpose in life is to love Koyal.

What's your rapport with Ekta Kapoor like? 
Ekta has given me a chance to do what I want in life and I am thankful to her for that. I can never forget what she has done for me. Everybody knows she is a successful person, but the time and energy she puts into her work is incredible. She is a great mentor and an amazing friend.

You had done a film (Go, produced by Ram Gopal Varma) earlier. Do you still plan to pursue films?
Yes, of course. I'd like to work in films but I'd also like to go with the flow. I think TV has become big; I am still exploring what it has to offer.

Natasha Coutinho

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angela_khushi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing dear 😃
_shadesnature_ thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Well I know that this show will also get ruined in later 
But I am looking forward to this show 
SwapnaKrishi thumbnail
Loved Sharman and Shikhar character a lot as supporting and Parllel leads  ,who understands ishani 
All the best for Sharman and Shikhar for get as Show Leads in New projects 

Sharman and Shikhar characters are well written and protrayec by then with out any butcher ,so loved their characters a lot 

Adiza. thumbnail
tfs :)
hope his new show does well.
yeragudipatianu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I liked Sherman's character as much as Shikhar's.  I loved the idea of Ekta balancing the role of the existing characters to the new one, which means Sherman and Shikhar's role wont end in MATSH. Shikhar might come back when needed. 
Good luck to Sherman.
life_is_fun thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Sherman was another great character from the show .. Very practical, and an impressive person... My only complaint was that a job was not given to such a nice character which made him dependent...   
Nyways its nice...  Both our good characters will get what they did not get in this show...   
Shikhar will have a girl.. 😉
Sherman, since he is ambitious in his next show, definitely he will have a job...😉

All the best to him...👍🏼
Edited by life_is_fun - 8 years ago
STWB25 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SHADESOFNATURE

Well I know that this show will also get ruined in later 

But I am looking forward to this show 

Precisely 😉
but I do really like the actor - I remember when he had scenes with ritz, their acting standards were miles apart 😆
amazing3 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Tfs
He's one character that has always been sensible and smart in MATSH except that he didn't find a job for himself. . . . 😆

Wish him well in this new project 😆
ILTHBEB thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I guess after reading articles n watching promos of this serial at the initial time trio roles wl get equal importance but eventually another hero wl b main lover of heroine. Then either his role wl b truned into grey or sacrificed. Otherwise if producer has plan to make his role fullfledge hero for heroine then definitely sharman role wl have to wrap up completely b/c i don't think sp wl allow its channel's any lead actor to work with colors. Hence i have doubt abt his role's all times lead character in darmiya serial.
All the best gautam for his new project.Edited by ILTHBEB - 8 years ago