Fan Fictions

SS 52 Gain & Loss--A Menopausal Sosy - Page 99

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
I think empathy or perceiving the worry of another has nothing to do with ones bank balance or string of degrees or exposure to the world. It is the effort of the reaching out that a person does...how willing they are to drop their guard and show the vulnerable self...In the case of Raman he is able to relate to the women as his relation with his Ma was deep and strong...she had been a woman of values and was deeply caring. The attraction to his II started at the physical and intellectual level in the beginning but with each update Nisha is laying the foundation fortheir deep understanding to cement the ties. With the strength of this he is able to notice the needs of others.
The Patriarch has experienced much and lost it all. The memory he carries will last a lifetime. Stemming from that he senses the needs f others and reaches out. Except Tan's mom, Sri Vishvanatha Iyer and his brother who is a foil to his character ...we find his action to all stemming from a deep mutual trust care and affection. The Gudiya is the apple of his eye now as in her he finds the unconditional love he is used to and the trust and respect he is accustomed to. He loves her chatter and the cameraderie iti is the basis of peace and happiness in MM. the need for affection is deep yet the love and affection of those around him has translated into trust and nurturing and valuing others.

Sri Vishvanatha Iyer is a man of principles andvalues. He is an apitome of doing things he feels is etically right. He has never shirked his responsibility to his loved ones and has recieved no kind words in return from his siblings. A brother who cannot voice his appreciation and a sister and brother who don't care.He takes it for granted that as his equal Amma has to shoulder her bit. He respects her but has never expressed it. He cares deeply for his daughters his world view is limited to think that needs can go beyond safety concerns.When II chooses to act per the dictates of her heart he is unable to accept or appreciate her decision and is juvenile in his treatment of the dude.He adores Bala as he acts the way he would in is situation.

Bala  has beenexposed to the values of his parents who consider boys as great blessings and girls as burden. (As opposed to Ranjan who calls his Gudiya as Lakshmi and Saraswathi in one though his son sees the Durga avathatr as well).His view is coloured by the lens he is exposed to. Not having sisters himself or strong values and character in women he expects Vandhu to be in the same frame of mind.The exploitation is accepted as given and the inability to tell Vaishnavi toeven be watchful of what she uses but the way he barks ast II and yet uses her car and money as if it were his birthright...the way he responds after losing her key all stems from an entitlement attitude.
Bala and Chachu to some extent are similar as they cant and wont see beyond their needs.
Tanmay is different as his father seems to be a lot like the patriarch though his mom is like Chachi 420.His sisters are adorable too we read so obviously the influene of the mother has been minimal and he is fiercely protective of his loved ones and it is visible. Sam promises Amma that her kid brother would give II more happiness and care than what Tan gives her. Knowing her brother and husband's nature she predicts that. The way shedons the role of an older woman promising to ensure II continues her Iyer traditions, the pooja today prooves it. The way the dude wears a Veshti and sits by his II to perform the puja the way she would want is very touching.
Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by: KjoinlovewithKP

All she needs is a word of care, a gesture of empathy and understanding

Isn't that what every woman needs, I do not mean the feminists , every woman needs that bit of tlc in exchange for the life that she devotes to a man and to build his family and to shape it up and make it a home for the man...

He took care of her as a son would do and sure for Amma this is new

A mother who is unknown of the pleasures of having a son and this one entered unannounced and a son who is in sheer need of a mothers love as his passed away unannounced.

Sri πŸ‘

Kajal the needs are simple yet how many women get it?
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
SR...hi...how come  u r awake...?

Sri...beautifully beautifully written. Some what soothed me...not able to sleep...sometimes my brain becomes hyperactive and I am not able to shut down the thoughts.
Thats why I say I dont hate Appa or Bala...Appa no hate but Bala...I dont like him that much now.

we women generally tend to go about our lives stoically, doing our duties/responsibilities, once in a while we may whine, our tempers may spurt out ...but once in blue moon when ur husband appreciates u or says how important we are in their life...this is enough I think for the scales to balance. So Amma and Vandu are like that for me. They know they have their husbands love and affection but they are burdened by so many things. 

Amma thinking of Vandu and her situation and I was feeling so bad for her..to balance out the melancholy Amma will have a beautiful memory of how her younger SIL cared for her today.

Guess the best way to lead a life is to find that balance.

Thanks Sri...i have tagged you as wise owl and as Saraswathi...a giver of education and knowledge.

Have a good day...
shidin0117 thumbnail
Sri...are u travelling or in Bangalore?
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey Shilpa

Same here...
Got up at 4 am and not able to sleep... 😊
shidin0117 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: putti77

Hey Shilpa

Same here...
Got up at 4 am and not able to sleep... 😊

Too much of same pinches today PuttiπŸ˜‰...I am waiting for the alarm to ring even though I am awake...πŸ˜† and the muslim neighbours have bought a cock this time instead of sheep and it is crowing from past 5 minπŸ˜ƒ
putti77 thumbnail
Was just thinking..

Is it so easy to accept someone's daughter(may be son also) stay in home.. Along with the burden the responsibility also added na.. What time they will reach home? What they are doing? Etc... Doesn't Vaishnavi parents blame Bala n Vandu if something happens wrong with her... I know we nested few cousins in my home.. I think from past four years ma directly denies relatives that we can't afford anyone in home... And my Appa also supports ma.. It is not about money but the responsibility adds on to it... If someone is in lack of finance to study we help them but nesting in home has been stopped...In recent time Amma rejected her own brother's daughter stay in home... She told my mama can't guard his daughter all the time this is after the girl stayed for one year..Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Burn and Salve,

Was a really nice subdued one. Like the dude and Amma. Dude has always been kind and accommodating with Amma. She understands Appa's salvos at the dude and must be thankful for the maturity he displays around appa's unreasonableness. They are both observant and astute while II is emotional and with pregnancy and RnB totally wrapped in her world. Touching to see Amma come in to see her little one that's throwing for weeks now.. On pooja day. Secretly thankful for the comforts and the care at the Bhallas especially when she has Vandu back home. Upset and stretched.

RnB gives her a ride and his burn balm - that's so RnB!Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Good morning everyone!

Have a terrible migraine - thanks to the haze and the fires. Almost all of us here are tearing and choking if you step out unprotected. We walk like secret agent masks, towels and babies have not seen outdoors for weeks now I think 😭

So catch you all at the next opportunity . Enjoy your day!Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue5sky

Good morning everyone!

Have a terrible migraine - thanks to the haze and the fires. Almost all of us here are tearing and choking if you step out unprotected. We walk like secret agent masks, towels and babies have not see outdoors for weeks now I think 😭

So catch you all at the next opportunity . Enjoy your day!

Hey Asma and everyone good morning...
Migrane πŸ˜”
Take care...