SS 52 Gain & Loss--A Menopausal Sosy - Page 98

Posted: 8 years ago
Ok Good Night from me...
have a great day Shev, Shru...
Originally posted by shidin0117

Kajal right? every day seems like exam...or a woman's duty never ends until the death I thinkπŸ˜†

Yep dats me...
My cousins are having their mid terms so my bua was letting her steam out on me, they ask a child of standard 3 to write an essay on eradication and global warming, we had no idea of such terms back then
Originally posted by modernfamily

Nice! Do you live in Delhi?

Ya I m
" he noticed a burn scar on the back of her right pinkie... Amma hadnt even realized how bad it was, red and filled with fluid...
"This is a woman's badge of honor, for work in the kitchen" Amma said cynically but smiling "

True .If the dude hadn't shown concern for the burn, Amma wouldn't have even paused to give it a thought , only feeling it a bit or be reminded about the burn when she is squeezing tamarind or lemon while cooking rasam .
On such badges of kitchen honors , Both my Ammas , I hv heard them saying " idhallam parthu paratrindha vandi oduma". ( it's ok, can't fuss over it, got to keep moving the wheel of life)

Only Respect for women like these Ammas to have just gone about their lives accomodating things , never thinking too much of themselves, not taking enough time for themselves juggling lives without any major complaints with huge tolerance levels.

Different class backgrounds deal with having different beliefs about money not to mention differing when it comes to the countless other habits and the social mores/ excesses connected to the social classes they were born in to. I was thinking of this when vandu said to her Amma that Bala refused when he had a choice to get the lady cook and Amma responded by being appalled "when vaishnavi is there to help why spend Rs 1000 for cooking one meal . And Sam did not have to think twice about hiring seetharaman for her sister in law.

I have read about the perspective that the middle class are too emotional with money and the rich logical about money.
And I certainly have read also about superior resources dictating about what one can do and can't do in terms of financial freedom.

The windows to the these different worlds in this amazing story and social classes makes me one to compare.

The dude has an elevated and fearless consciousness that keeps him moving towards what he wants and this is not arrogance but self-assured ness in its finest form.

Bala spends an inordinate amount of time worrying about money and is in perpetual state of fear of spending his whole life trying to catch up .
He is emotional with money and the dude logical with money.

As much as it's about resources it's also about attitude. Bala lacks in being able to balance and that's more to do with attitude than lack of financial resources and it's time he does something about it.

Hey Nisha, this is extraordinary story telling. Do you pause in between thinking how far this story has come ahead from where you started. Thank you .

Originally posted by Errantnomad

Different class backgrounds deal with having different beliefs about money not to mention differing when it comes to the countless other habits and the social mores/ excesses connected to the social classes they were born in to. I was thinking of this when vandu said to her Amma that Bala refused when he had a choice to get the lady cook and Amma responded by being appalled "when vaishnavi is there to help why spend Rs 1000 for cooking one meal . And Sam did not have to think twice about hiring seetharaman for her sister in law.

I have read about the perspective that the middle class are too emotional with money and the rich logical about money.
And I certainly have read also about superior resources dictating about what one can do and can't do in terms of financial freedom.

The windows to the these different worlds in this amazing story and social classes makes me one to compare.

The dude has an elevated and fearless consciousness that keeps him moving towards what he wants and this is not arrogance but self-assured ness in its finest form.

Bala spends an inordinate amount of time worrying about money and is in perpetual state of fear of spending his whole life trying to catch up .
He is emotional with money and the dude logical with money.

As much as it's about resources it's also about attitude. Bala lacks in being able to balance and that's more to do with attitude than lack of financial resources and it's time he does something about it.

Hey Nisha, this is extraordinary story telling. Do you pause in between thinking how far this story has come ahead from where you started. Thank you .

"when vaishnavi is there to help why spend Rs 1000 for cooking one meal . And Sam did not have to think twice about hiring seetharaman for her sister in law.[

Had the same thoughts while reading, I know some people who have too much of money but yet they prefer giving missed calls, not every rich person is generous enough like the bhalla's and the batra's and generosity doesn't arise from being rich or poor it's ones own priority or nature of a man.
Originally posted by Hsp.canada

Kuch nahi ! Summer vacation took over my life and followed and then back to school. First 3 days schools are half days...finally things are back to normal. πŸ˜Š
How are your kids?

Welcome back Shev ! Glad to hear that things are back to normal. 😊

Anu is missing as well.
Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
Originally posted by KjoinlovewithKP

Yep dats me...
My cousins are having their mid terms so my bua was letting her steam out on me, they ask a child of standard 3 to write an essay on eradication and global warming, we had no idea of such terms back then

I can only do thisπŸ˜”πŸ˜²πŸ˜­...even my daughter is in 3rd std...thank god they haven't asked her this...but last year we had to do a science project on this for exhibition...a group of 4 students...kids were busy playing and we parents were dividing the work load
Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago

I can only do thisπŸ˜”πŸ˜²πŸ˜­...even my daughter is in 3rd std...thank god they haven't asked her this...but last year we had to do a science project on this for exhibition...a group of 4 students...kids were busy playing and we parents were dividing the work load
Shilpa...πŸ€—

Up yet?? My cousin asks me explain what's dat thing coz what I have written is worse than dogs shit πŸ˜† so I was wondering what did he actually write... Hats off to you mummies, though I love kids but just to play with them or even changing der clothes, tutoring them is a tough task, all I ever wish is that they should not grow upEdited by KjoinlovewithKP - 8 years ago