Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
ErrantNomad, I wish We had this discussion verbally so that I could put my point forward in a faster and not-so-cumbersome manner... Yes, you guessed it right! I HATE to type!!๐Ÿ˜†
All that you said about giving II all the discounts on various front, given a middle class household, ALL of these could very well be counted as the new DIL NOT liking the in-laws.. Not knowing where her food came from, who pays the bills, or even bothering to ask HOW and WHO ran things to even help... Or when a festival is to be celebrated and general unawareness... I dunno about how it works in south... Hamare yaha bolenge ki you didnt observe your mom mingling with her in-laws, specially when you are soo pally with your side of family that you go cook at your bro-in-law's house for HIS parents, not even your BIL or sister or nephew. How do you take charge there then?!? Thats NOT your house!! Yes R&B doesnt care much... ONLY coz he is scarred, he is only now becoming civil with his father, else he left no opportunity to rip him apart even infront of his brother in law or Mihir. That I guess is a blessing in disguise for II n so we automatically say that since R&B is not involved II's uninvilvement is OK... But I think I have seen enough north indian families to say that even if the son is not involved, a world is expected of the daughter-in-law... in middle class household. A household that II swears by and possibly thinks to know the best.
Trying to put your hand up and take the lead does not mean, II arranging things naturally... Having lived 6months in that household, II knows it dysfunctional... The men are really just about turning civil, but she has a great equation with Sam... Least she could have done is asked Sam if they celebrate Teej... She is a newly married one, she should show some enthusiasm to say the least... And ALL of this boils down to the fact that II is sooo bloody unsure of her most important relationship of her life... Makes me wonder how she would have functioned if she married Sri n moved CA... Just coz u live abroad, its not like family expects you not to observ such festivals whoch hold prime importance for the taditionally newly married in the north.
Long story cut short๐Ÿ˜†: I hear you, but I do not agree with all that you stated if we agree that II swears by the general middle class mentality... Hamare yaha toh bhai bhabhi galti ke time pe become a unit.. Infact the bhabhi is blamed for even the mistakes that bhai should have paid attention to... Like bringing a gift for Sam... Hamare yaha bolte biwi ne mana kiya hoga๐Ÿ˜† Nahi toh mera bhai bahut caring tha๐Ÿ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
ErrantNomad: My post is full of spell errors.. I blame on ipad... And I am not going to go edit my post to correct typos... Basically saying:Please Bhavnao ko samjho!!๐Ÿ˜†
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
On a lighter note Forum se we have earnt lot about bashing... We had Appa and Bala bashing sessions and now II... SoSY zindabad...
๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
harshita27 thumbnail
I think I have bashed everyine right from R&B, II, Appa, Bala to Ranjan n Marliese๐Ÿ˜†
Am sooo impartial๐Ÿ˜†
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I donno about she celebrating Teej at MM...
My only irritation is she fussing about even going to sam's house and being there as R&B's wife...the dude had to literally pull her there for the teej function...she kept on giving stupid reasons...whining all the way...that shows the lack of interest...whereas the entire family went for shatabthi's function even though II herself was not present...do u think it is easy for them to go and celebrate in the midst of Iyers?? f**k he even had his own marriage in Iyer's style where the entire MM family knew nothing at it...Her whining is wat irritates me...as if she doesnt know how to behave if the person is rich...the point is most of them will not know that she is not from the same circle...that itself solves the problem...so they are going to talk normally and she is going to reply...this kind of conversation happens even in a workplace function...
Edited by swathi1990 - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

I think I have bashed everyine right from R&B, II, Appa, Bala to Ranjan n Marliese๐Ÿ˜†

Am sooo impartial๐Ÿ˜†

Yes Harshey I agree with you...
You are one of the few impartial reader..
๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š

You and Kalpana are tempting me to peek in here.. Better I sleep for 3 more hours...
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Harsh whatever it is , I am siding u in this ๐Ÿ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: swathi1990

I donno about she celebrating Teej at MM...

My only irritation is she fussing about even going to sam's house and being there as R&B's wife...the dude had to literally pull her there...that shows the lack of interest...whereas the entire family went for shatabthi's function even though II herself was not present...do u think it is easy for them to go and celebrate in the midst of Iyers?? Her whining is wat irritates me...

I soo agree.. I didnt mean that she needed to celebrate at MM.. even if she had shown enthusiasm to get into Sam's house and give her warm hug and ask her what needs to be done, THAT too would have been enough... But she is showing hesitation just coz she saw people who are rich... Sam is your family, you are worried about bunch of faceless strangers and Sam is coming out and hugging a reluctant II... YE sab AFTER she loves Dude to death and Sam adores her to death... Agar iski shaadi Sri se hoti... Toh isko sri bhi pasand nahi hota.. N possibly not a in-awe sister in law either like Sam, fir ye kya karti?!? ๐Ÿ˜†
harshita27 thumbnail
Originally posted by: putti77

Yes Harshey I agree with you...
You are one of the few impartial reader..
๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š

You and Kalpana are tempting me to peek in here.. Better I sleep for 3 more hours...

So ja putti... Meri bakwas jari rahegi until 9 EST today.. Fir am out for dinner n then ninni time
Errantnomad thumbnail
Hershey thank you for typing ๐Ÿ˜† , I heard you too but our premise that we base our opinions on is exactly that and way different .May be if she was married to an identifiable normal middle class family , the normal bhaiyya, babhi and the works and Anna/ manni and naathanar ( sister in law works)
And if she was married in to those families to hat we identify as such and them she doesn't follow , then she could be termed guilty of not showing enthusiasm. But in her case it's not the lack of enthusiasm and unwillingness to follow/ be part of the family is not it here. It's more about being overwhelmed , is what I would base it on which she wouldn't have been may be if she was married to Sri.