Indian Idol Ka Jalwa-Reviews? Disappointing!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago
I have never been so bored even watching some episodes of first or second season of the show as much as last night's episode.Such a boring line up and wrong choice of songs,average singing by everybody including the celebrities and everything was so boring,πŸ˜•

I expected a lot of fun with contestants of both the seasons,a little bit of interaction,etc but nothing happened.And is it just me or the kids were singing better than the celebrities?πŸ˜•

Only Nahid's song and the whole Bihu performance stood out for me in the episode.Nothing else.Nahid was absolutely BRILLIANT with the Bihu,esp the faster bits of the song.The others could have been given better songs IMO.Debanjana's voice isn't that sweet anymore but Anjana still sounds the same and very mature.I hope Nithyashree stops straining her voice,esp in the higher notes.She sounds so lovely when she sings the kind of songs she sang last night but I feel she is straining her voice.

What are your thoughts about the episode?

And btw,doesn't look like last night's episode was the last time you would see Indian Idol Jr. singers.πŸ˜† There's a Ganesh special episode on September 20 with Ananya,Nitya,Vaishnav,Moti and Nahid.The set looks like Indian Idol.I guess they are making good use of the sets and the talent before they leave Mumbai.πŸ˜†
Definitely disappointing. I was really excited to see season 1 contestants back on screen, especially Anmol and Nirvesh. Both the boys have grown up and their voices have completed changed. But sadly, they didn't get much footage at all, and I think their portions were chopped off. 
Coming to the episode...I think the common factor, the actual judges' absence made the difference. Kids seemed out of place as they didn't have any familiar face around...same with the celebrity singers also. Poor written show actually. Hosts had no clue what to ask (which was mentioned by Papon that they didn't have a script) So probably the entire show was put together in haste which was shown. 

I was somehow happy with the song selection...Just that the song wasn't sung by the right singer. Chinmayee seemed to stern and reserved somewhere...Javed Ali looked like he was giving his performance for a competition. Papon and Shilpa were Ok. 

And the kids..Anjana still seem the same..No difference in her. Debanjana- I was glad she took that song at least now. I always felt from season 1 that she can never sing any other song than melody. Anmol was good but low on confidence. I really liked Nirvesh's performance but Javed overshadowed it. 

Season 2 kids - Nahid was excellent. I loved the scale changes in the song and she did perfectly well. Ananya- What did she sing? Don't remember...πŸ˜† Vaishnav was good too. Nithyashree sang Ok..but somewhere her voice suddenly doesn't seem to be suiting any song. I love Anjaana Anjaani song a lot but the power needed for the song was missing. 

But at the end, the show wasn't for judging the contestants..πŸ˜† On the whole, the fun element needed for the episode was missing...and kids never interacted with each other much. Would have loved to see them all singing together instead of with a celebrity singer. 
After Ananya won, I didn't even wanted to watch this jalwa episode, but then I decided to do so, since Javed Ali was there and I love Nithya's singing. But the episode was just so boring, that I decided not to wait for Nithya's performance and changed the channel instead!
yup totally disappointing it was more like showcasing celeb singers and when the kids began to sing the back ground dancers barged n what was the use of those dancers when nobody was dancng?? i still dont understand  they all looked so out of place there may be in the end they were happy cause they can get out of there πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Totally disappointed. As someone said, everyone looked lost. 
More like showcasing the talent of the adult singers. They had the best lines to sing, as well as their own solo songs. 

I thought they would give individual screen time to each of the idols, so we could enjoy their brilliant singing. 
Totally Disappointed and looked like they were taking turns to sing ...chalo aab mera ho gaya aab tumhari bari πŸ˜†

I loved Nahid's performance the most...absolutely brilliant and very consistent...I love her choice of songs...Nithya ...somehow is giving an average performance for the past few weeks...seems to be lost and no more in a mood to perform...looks like she wants to go back to her place...Chennai...she has the potential to make it big.

All in all ...the JALWA was missingπŸ˜ƒ

The only youngster who had any kind of energy and enthusiasm left was Nahid.. And was the whole problem compounded by poor audio equipments? That extra zing a proper mike provides was missing..
More than the kids, it was a stage for the 4 singers to remind anyone watching that they are still around..