SS 51 Baby Steps to work on 1 - Page 27

Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by sonalgupta2004

I alwayS wonder bout that he was with her for four to five years only for sex ... Without any emotion bonding don't seems true or it is??

no M please!!!
i dnt like her😭
Originally posted by blue5sky

Helooo lovelies!
Have an aweome monday. have along to do list! GTG❤️

hav a gud day asma!!!
if u can,convey our hello to O!!!
Bitterness is too harsh a word for vandu's current state of mind but is postpartum stress getting to the exhausted vandu.she talked about having a room for shatabdi.
Given how II and vandu were brought up having shared their room, I would think vandu would more naturally be inclined for shatabdi and shravu to share a room. I don't know, I am not able to put this clearly.
I feel as humans we keep doing things that's expected of us, suddenly a few people or few situation happen , leaving us feeling overwhelmed with what we have been doing thus far and slowly it gets to you.

Baldness suits the rich was sharp coming from vandu and unknowing to her it stung her sister . And then the feeling of inadequacy over not being able to invite her sister's family over for dinner .
But that's reality now. It's the same vandu who was the first to go to R&B and asked him if he would marry her sister .

Stress and maybe a little bit of self sympathy is making vandu cynical.
She is tired and exhausted caring for all. She has no answers to what ifs?
And Bala is not helping her here and adding to this stress. Vandu needs to be able to give time to her children and he cannot be piling on her now with his niece. Some point you hv to be telling your relatives there has to be other workable options.

She has to be joining office soon and without letting her rest or enjoy her time now with her little one , something or the other comes up. The hall for the function, the tash mash of II and Bala and II missing the function and now this hosting of niece. The conversations between vandu and Bala is becoming more charged up by the day
Some people don't hv it easy at all...

Kalpana and Asma

Wonderful reviews... Both the Iyer sisters are in vulnerable state now...
Amazing update nisha I feel like butchering bala
Originally posted by ishruhi

hav a gud day asma!!!
if u can,convey our hello to O!!!

Asma

Have a good day...
My Like button is not supporting 😡Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
Originally posted by Errantnomad

Bitterness is too harsh a word for vandu's current state of mind but is postpartum stress getting to the exhausted vandu.she talked about having a room for shatabdi.
Given how II and vandu were brought up having shared their room, I would think vandu would more naturally be inclined for shatabdi and shravu to share a room. I don't know, I am not able to put this clearly.
I feel as humans we keep doing things that's expected of us, suddenly a few people or few situation happen , leaving us feeling overwhelmed with what we have been doing thus far and slowly it gets to you.

Baldness suits the rich was sharp coming from vandu and unknowing to her it stung her sister . And then the feeling of inadequacy over not being able to invite her sister's family over for dinner .
But that's reality now. It's the same vandu who was the first to go to R&B and asked him if he would marry her sister .

Stress and maybe a little bit of self sympathy is making vandu cynical.
She is tired and exhausted caring for all. She has no answers to what ifs?
And Bala is not helping her here and adding to this stress. Vandu needs to be able to give time to her children and he cannot be piling on her now with his niece. Some point you hv to be telling your relatives there has to be other workable options.

She has to be joining office soon and without letting her rest or enjoy her time now with her little one , something or the other comes up. The hall for the function, the tash mash of II and Bala and II missing the function and now this hosting of niece. The conversations between vandu and Bala is becoming more charged up by the day
Some people don't hv it easy at all...

Kalpana MANY of us grew up in Mumbai or Delhi or Chennai (mostly big cities) sharing rooms with our siblings or parents, if its Mumbai then the entire family sleeps in the same room, usually on floors. I have a friend from Chembur she said they had a Hall & kitchen... and her in laws had the same too, so her "marital bed" was the kitchen, it had a Godrej and frig and gas cylinder she said
EXACTLY like a OLD Jaya Bhaduri Anil Dhawan movie👏 in that the newly weds share the kitchen. Its a adorable joint family story from the 1970s It has a nice song too I think. One of DD favorites for Sunday evenings

So anyway coming back to the point, even those that grew up that way want separate rooms for their kids in the same Mumbai city, waqt ke saath saath ichhayen aur arzoo bhi zaroor badalti hain aur BADHTI hain😭

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Kalpana

Akka wont feel so disgruntled or anxious if II had married middle class. She wont feel so inadequate if Bala didnt place unreasonable demands on her. Its a combination of two things now, that makes II's status more visible and pronounced for Akka

And also the constant expectations from her husband's side of the family
He wouldnt let her go on loss of pay at first now that she has delivered and is getting ready to return to Munirka, he is already planning to plant a distant cousin in the house that will drain Vandu's already thinning
resources

She wont express these things in front of Appa EVER
Amma? May be... but not with Appa

We might be "OK" with some things in life, some disappointments or failures, but the moment we log on to FB we notice someone post a ultra fabulous graduation party for their 18 year old, or a fancy new house with a swimming pool in their back yard we suddenly start to resent our 15 year old 3 or 4 bedroom house.

That was one of the reasons I quit FB, around  3 years ago

It constantly kept me "on the edge"

The IN YOUR FACE display of wealth and well being was very hard to ingest on some days

Originally posted by blue5sky

II's little embryo is a miracle already! She brings along PDA among so many other things like babies do into their parents lives.
She is a high point in II's life. The man who has been ...ummm...active all these years fathers for the first time. And the lady who has married into a family that is a complete anti-thesis of where she grew up, risked and brought noting but usually rare but yet undeclared love - for the man  she married!

Vandu and II - Siblings on 2 sides of the eternal paradox - of abundance and deficit. II has so far managed to fill the deficits in her life by either ignoring them ( Bala's taunts and Appa's disgust, Ritu etc..) and taking a leap of faith - dude and Father-in-law -with a lot of support from Sam,Tan, Vandu and may be Appa?

While poor Vandu has to do this by enlisting people who have largely brushed her anxiety aside - Bala and Appa because it forces them to look at themselves shorn of pretences. AND that struggle for them may be personal BUT it is momentous. Not easy for any being to shed it old ways and unlearn ego and learn humility.

And the story revivifies itself😃Nice work Nisha👍🏼

Very  well written Asma maza aa gaya padhkar
Yes by nature II is not the one to vent and rant and throw a fit. She talks a lot but she doesnt act like a drama queen. Ritu was positively mean to her by dismissing II's earnest request of wanting to slow down, yet she came home, curled up on the swing and took a nap
She fights with the dude on the most ridiculous things

But when it comes to real hurt and humiliation she is a trooper

Akka on the other hand advises II to be patient and forgiving and kind, but when it comes to her own marital life finds those virtues at the bottom of the barrel. By nature Akka is combative, though II is talkative. She "puts Bala in his place"  her in-laws think she "has a golden heart but chat chatnu kovam varum Vandu ku" ( short tempered types)

She is generous and a team player but is secretly desirous of good things and wants Bala to unconditionally provide for those😭

II is not greedy, she has a big ego... and too much self respect but is not greedy

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Kalpana MANY of us grew up in Mumbai or Delhi or Chennai (mostly big cities) sharing rooms with our siblings or parents, if its Mumbai then the entire family sleeps in the same room, usually on floors. I have a friend from Chembur she said they had a Hall & kitchen... and her in laws had the same too, so her "marital bed" was the kitchen, it had a Godrej and frig and gas cylinder she said
EXACTLY like a OLD Jaya Bhaduri Anil Dhawan movie👏 in that the newly weds share the kitchen. Its a adorable joint family story from the 1970s It has a nice song too I think. One of DD favorites for Sunday evenings

So anyway coming back to the point, even those that grew up that way want separate rooms for their kids in the same Mumbai city, waqt ke saath saath ichhayen aur arzoo bhi zaroor badalti hain aur BADHTI hain😭

The song is yeh jeevan hai, is jeevan ka yahi hai yahi hai rang roop. One of my all time favs