ARSHI TS: For You || Completed

Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
For You

Part 1:

*Past in blue italics.

After parking her two wheeler, Khushi entered her university. All she could spot were boys. "Where did all the girls vanish?", she thought. As soon as one of those boys spotted her, his eyes widened and he alerted the other boys and they all ran away from her. It was Khushi's turn to get surprised. She was one of those few girls who never was in the limelight nor she wished to. So, to avoid any embarrassment, she ran away from there to her class. Poor Khushi, she didn't know that more torments awaited her there.

All her friends were having a thread in their hand and they were running behind boys. What the! Only then did her studious mind understand. It was Raksha Bandhan that day. Khushi had no brothers, so she had totally forgotten about it. 

"These girls are mad", was her last thought before she was pulled inside. "You finally came Khushi!", told her best friend. "Why was she waiting for me? Something fishy", her mind questioned and answered.

"Here", she thrust a thread into her hand. "Why are you giving me this? I don't have any brothers and you do know that", answered Khushi. Her friend's eyes glinted with mischief. Now something was definitely wrong. Her friend smiled at her coyly, "You don't have any brothers, but you definitely can make many right? So here you go tie this to...um...

"What the?! No way I won't do any such thing. I am not tying nor do I want any brothers."

"Oh Khushi come on, this is fun. Please", her friend pleaded while Khushi nodded in a strict NO.

That is when their class's hottie or so acclaimed shouted, "Oh Khushi doesn't like to have brothers. But she would love to have boyfriends. Right Khushi? This is why you are refusing right?"

These people won't let me live in peace, she thought and snatched the Rakhi from her friend's hand. If looks could kill, Khushi's friend would have been dead and gone by then. "To whom?", she asked pointing at the Rakhi.

"Arnav Singh Raizada." Khushi's eyes were the size of saucers. She gave them an are-you-serious look.

Arnav Singh Raizada was the most popular guy in their college and almost every girl was his fan, a/c and what not. He is known to be a good fellow. "But that doesn't mean I will tie this to him. We haven't even conversed once."

"Go Khushi. He is right there", Miss Self acclaimed Hottie told, pointing at Arnav. 
So with trembling legs and clammy hands, Khushi moved forward.

And this is exactly how Arnav found her. Khushi Gupta, the only girl who hasn't flirted with him and the only girl who has approached him with a Rakhi since the day had began, of course after his dear sister Anjali.

"Hello..Um..", Khushi nervously stuttered.

"Hi Khushi." Khushi's eyes widened again.

"This definitely is a day full of surprises. He knows me and is speaking so casually with me. Gosh!", she mused.

"I um would um like uh", she started off again.

"Well yes, what would you like?", he asked her.

"You", she answered back without even thinking. And as soon as her response registered in both their minds, two pairs of eyes rounded. One rounded out of nervousness as to what will follow and the latter rounded at the boldness of the other.

"I mean woh not you, I mean your hand", she nervously tried to rectify her mistake. But looking at his smirk, she knew the damage was done and there was no rectifying it. She wet her now dry lips. 

"Why do you want my hand?"

Which is when Khushi's professor called out to her and that is exactly when Anrav Singh Raizada turned completely religious and thanked his Gods for preventing a serious disaster.

For Arnav, Khushi was the girl of his dreams and the sole occupant of his mind everyday. He had never cared about her looks. No, she wasn't the most prettiest. She wasn't the most sexiest. She wasn't the most elegant and no, she wasn't the skinniest. She was more on the plump side. Yet, he loved her. His love was not for her external features. He loved her for her character, her shyness, her sudden boldness, her never give up attitude and her practicality towards life.

Well the question that arises now is how Arnav knew about Khushi. Their first meeting was a rather peculiar one.

It was Janmashtami that day. Khushi's mother, sister and Khushi were very busy in the celebrations which is when Khushi's father called her urgently, asking her to come to the car. Khushi had gone down and her father had bundled her inside. He had told her they were to go to the temple to fulfill some mannat. 

And that is when in the temple, these two had met. Khushi was definitely the eye candy in her pajamas and night tops. Khushi was silently berating herself for wearing that today. That was her favourite and most comfortable set. But it had back fired today. 
Arnav had been too amused looking at the girl fidgeting with the lamps in her hand. She looked around and at herself and had exited as quickly as possible. She had ran away, literally.

His Janmashatmi for the very first time had turned out to be interesting and had been something more than the delicacies.
He had later found her in his college. She was his junior. But they both belonged to different branches. He was doing his Masters in Political Science, while she was doing her Undergraduate course in English Literature. 
She was in her final year while he had a year to go.

Coming back to how he knew about her so much, he used to follow her blog. The blog gave an almost a realistic picture about her. 
It was this blog that had United them. He used to comment on her blog under the name "Happy Ocean". They both used to have frequent conversations regarding her blog which had brought them closer, without Khushi realising that it was Arnav who was conversing with her.

Now Arnav cursed himself for not doing what he had to. So with a renewed energy and enthusiasm, he decided to propose Khushi. 

The ball rang announcing the closure of the classes for the day. Without delaying further, he ran to Khushi's class and saw her coming out. She was chatting with her friends and was glaring at her best friend. Arnav wondered why. He didn't know the reason, did he? But he did know that she looked cute.

Arnav didn't want to embarrass Khushi. So, he didn't speak to her when she was with her friends. Since it was Friday, he knew she would go to the library. 

Making sure, no one was there in their nearby vicinity, he appeared before her, taking her by surprise.

"Um Khushi? Can I speak to you for a minute?", now it was Arnav's turn to stutter.

"Yes? I know you are here to speak about today's morning. I am sorry I never intended to do so. It was Sheetal's idea."

"Oh God Khushi. Not about that."

She looked at him with confusion etched all over face. "What else could they probably talk about?", she thought.

Taking a deep breath, he told her.
"Khushi, I am not at all a romantic fellow. I don't know how to talk cheesy stuff and impress others. All I know is I love you and I don't know how else to tell you that. I cannot write poems or use wonderful high end vocabulary to propose you. I know this is the worst proposal, but this is the truth that has been bugging my heart for three years."

Khushi was shocked and rightly so. She was speechless. She never expected this to happen even in her dreams. When she looked at Arnav's hopeful eyes, she realised she had to put him out of his misery.

"Arnav, you told me you don't know how to propose, but trust me this is the best  proposal ever."

Arnav smiled weakly at this and gestured her to continue.

"You are a great person Arnav. But I am sorry I cannot accept your proposal. Please don't get me wrong here. It is not that I hate you or anything. I like you Arnav. Our blog conversations had made me know the real you. Don't look surprised, you had by mistaken revealed your identity to me. But I don't think at this age, I am mature enough to do this. I want to achieve so many things and make my parents proud. It is not that if I love you, I won't do this.It is just that I can't take the burden of a relation and my dreams together. I am sorry Arnav."

Arnav never knew Khushi could be this thoughtful and he was in awe of her. If he had said that he wasn't feeling bad of her rejection, then he was definitely lying.

Looking right into her eyes, he spoke, "I promise to wait Khushi."

And that was the last day, they both had met. Their first proper meet had turned to be their last.

Part 2 - Page 14

Edited by Sadh123 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sadh123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
This two shot "For You" is dedicated to the birthday girl Warda. My dear sister. Sorry baby I didn't wish earlier since I wanted to get this ready. 

HAPPIEST BRITHDAY

I have no words to express like you. You are a pro in this and I am a beginner. All I will say is I love you to moon and back. You are one of the nicest humans and kind hearted girl. Your stories take my breath away and your down to earth attitude despite your high standard, renders me speechless. So this is a small one for you. Happy year ahead. Let us start your year with a sweetish memory.

Now to express my love for you.. Here you go!

And lastly I am inviting all my and Warda's friends to her birthday party baby. Join me guys. I know this Warda didn't throw one.

Edited by Sadh123 - 8 years ago
barsha_dash thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
A very HAPPY BIRTHDAY Warda.
Sadh I have joined the party!πŸ₯³

Coming to the chapter, I loved it.πŸ˜ƒ
You and your fusion ideas are too good.πŸ˜†
Janmashtami and Rakhi, great combo.πŸ˜ƒ
Bechara Arnav! What would have happened if the Professor had been a minute late?😲
"Happy Ocean" hmmm... I like it.πŸ˜‰
Arnav's proposal was dreamy
I need a second part soon. 😳

Edited by barsha_dash - 8 years ago
.LadyHitler. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Mine:)

*Edited*
Not fair Sadh!! You can't leave us hanging at this point! I'm not sure of Warda but i won't leave you for doing this to us! You better start writing the second one πŸ˜†

Its a Wonderful shot!
How did you even get an idea of writing something on ArShi on Rakshabandan? Like seriously yaar!
Damn that Sheetal, she wanted Khushi to tie a rakhi on Arnav? 😑

Khushi is a nervous wreck in front of him! She wants him? Not that we or Arnav will mind πŸ˜† 😳
I'm in complete awe of of Khushi's character! Wonder how Khushi has rejected so easily! I thought she had an idea of Arnav's feelings since she has known his id 'Happy Ocean'!

Loved Arnav's proposal 😳
Good one Sadh!
Update the next part sooon!

Many many happy returns of the day Warda!!
Edited by .LadyHitler. - 8 years ago
Anu567 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
What the...Sadh! You are not stopping there surely!! 
Loved the rakhee angle with rakhshabandjhn just going past...and loved Arnav's blog name...Happy Ocean sounds perfect! πŸ˜›

Will hope to see you take this through to logical conclusion! Haha!

Waiting...
lechuarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Xams over now...yayyy...
Cute update yaar... Oh so guys run awy in khushi's clg on Rakshabandan...in our clg guys willingly forward their hands...so sweet na πŸ˜† πŸ˜† ...
Khushi's very mature decision shows the strength of her character in such a young age...
U will be very cweetie and supporting hubby in future Arnav...
So romantic.. 😳" I will wait for u" 😳
All the best for ur xams... 😊

Happy bday little sissy..warda...ur a September girl hmm.. Just lyk me πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ πŸ€— Edited by lechuarshi - 8 years ago
-IPK-Forever- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 7
Happy Birthday Warda!

-------------------------------------

Asking a girl to tie rakhi to Arnav Singh Raizada could be the worst punishment anyone could give her!

But then while Khushi was thinking, he wouldn't even know her, he had been so deeply in love with her. Our Raizada boy is miles ahead of Khushi Kumari Gupta!

Loved how you fused Janmashtami into this Raksha Bandhan equation and aww he proposed her... I do remember hearing that dialogue somewhere πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Khushi rejected his proposal and her reasons seem valid. Waiting to see how Arnav makes her agree :)

Anyway continue soon and with that teaser of yours I'm even more eager to see how you take this!

Edited by -IPK-Forever- - 8 years ago
jyothirockz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Happy Birthday Warda, 
I am loving this...
akai thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Wish you many more happy returns of the day dear. 
Have a blast.. 
SwrlngElephants thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
You got me by surprise, sadhu!!!
A pretty big one!
I have no words to express the gratitude and love I am feeling for you 
This was a really really loving gesture 
Let me be truthful somehow I expected this from you..
Thankyou so much love.
Apke liye treat haazir hai.hamare ghar to ao. Ya hum khud ajaen. Apke ghar😳😳

*zillions of hugs and kisses*
I know i am late i wanted to be on the first page. Poor me.😭

Coming to this TS. I loveeedd the name. Its so simple yet iy defines a world. More than a hundred words could.
You wrote this beautifully such was the simplicity of it.
I loved the plot and how it progressed. 

Though the last line scared me. I demand a happy ending and i  sure you have a happy ending in store.

I would have given a parchment full of comment but deem it ny bad luck. The touch of my mobile absolutely sucks. Its just killing the time. Since the time the original screen broke my mobile has reduced to oh-not-so-friendly-it. One laptop has vad battery timings and ita battery has broken. The other one is not to be used since it does not work.
😭
It has taken me sooo nuch effort to type all this and the effort was worth everything.
I love you. Thanks again.
Waiting for the end.
Xoxo