Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

KM03 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
The house looked like it was polished and prettied up for a photo shoot, expensive furniture and artifacts every where
Centrally airconditioned, it felt like a 5 star hotel to her

smelled like one too, mild floral scented

Akka came up to the 2nd floor lounge
There were II stamps at many places on the 2nd floor 
A tanjore doll on a runner table

A brass Nataraja she bought when she went to Trichy while in IIM
A Tyagaraja framed image stood on a sofa end table

There were enough sofas and couches in the house that could pass off as a high end showroom

Magazines and catalogs of hiking and trekking lay strewn, in between those there were Tamil magazines Amma had sent for II

beautifully described we can perfectly imagineπŸ‘

jairathore thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: putti77

I was always a last bencher not bcoz of height...I had chosen to be last bencher.. Till in engineering I had been thrown out of classes many times for being mischievous..

Thank god, finally found one
Same team diπŸ˜ƒ
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Envee

Hope you are feeling better

I am sorry you were so sick
Glad u are contributing to the green on the planet

Such a nice compare between the sisters and the bro-sis duo
I BET R&B and Sam would NOT go out of their way to display such niceness with "ones from their own community"
I bet many in the ultra posh South Delhi cliques think of them as arrogant snobs, and they dont bother explaining themselves. Many from middle class think the same also

II and Vandu, yes, u get what you see, Akka didnt wear her BEST post partum saree, didnt wear make up or perfume, she showed up "as is" carrying a "chillar purse" and a bag of sugar, which she will feed shortly

U cant find too many like them in South Delhi
R&B and Sam can see the "heart"
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Putti...cant imagine u being mischevious and getting thrown out of class...
I didn't like my PU days...it was like being thrown into a sea after staying for 15yrs in small pond...120 girls in a huge class room...πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ...horrible it was...

Ayyo ...my kutti is being too playful and mischevious ...not sleeping, they both are watching Raghuvaran Btech...my son loves this film...

I just oiled and massaged her hair...with lot of running and loud laughter from her...and made ghee and she ate the residue that is left in the pan without giving it to her brother...πŸ˜† they both r fighting now...πŸ€ͺ
Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Envee

Hope you are feeling better

I am sorry you were so sick
Glad u are contributing to the green on the planet

Such a nice compare between the sisters and the bro-sis duo
I BET R&B and Sam would NOT go out of their way to display such niceness with "ones from their own community"
I bet many in the ultra posh South Delhi cliques think of them as arrogant snobs, and they dont bother explaining themselves. Many from middle class think the same also

II and Vandu, yes, u get what you see, Akka didnt wear her BEST post partum saree, didnt wear make up or perfume, she showed up "as is" carrying a "chillar purse" and a bag of sugar, which she will feed shortly

U cant find too many like them in South Delhi
R&B and Sam can see the "heart"

and probably thats the reason why they show their hearts and lay them open too??
No insecurity of being judged or made fun of
Or no showoff of concern and just genuine response ?
Value for every expressed emotion?
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Raise your hand if u are as pissed off as I am about this:😑

(I realize most of you are in your 20s and this is not relevant to youπŸ˜†)

100s of US universities SPAM you on a daily basis once the kid gets into 9th grade. THOUSANDS I will say, in the 4 years, from Cornell to Yale to Boston University to Kalamazoo College of the Arts to Oregon Science College (the last two nobody in the country must have even heard of)

OK FINE...

(You start applying to college here around October or November of the 12th grade year, by Feb or March around India's 12th Board exam time, you know where you are going.)

You see these colleges BEGGING for your attention and time, INVITING you to spend $2000 ON A FRICKING TRIP to get a college TOUR. And come Senior year October when you actually apply
ALL of them come back with "After carefully reviewing the application we are sorry to say we cannot admit your student"

My question to them is
:Why the F--- did you SPAM me for FOUR years?

putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I am wondering what would be Chachu and family reaction to this news?
They never dreamt that Dude is going to marry and produce heir for Bhallas...
All they thought he is going settle down Paris... Remember Prime Minister of Paris or France?
Expressions worth seeing...
πŸ˜‰
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
That's what makes the Bhalla family nice right? That they actually see the heart and not disregard it as being dumb or not fitting into the clique. It makes them that much nicer genuine people. They don't snub the naivety. Very heartening.😳
Oh and don't worry about the sickness. The seasonal cold is my constant. 

And I was uber happy when it rained after I planted my sapling πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by EnVee - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Nisha I am pissed off
That is ridiculous..
$2000..
😑Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nisha---the college system in the US is a topic that makes me so angry.  My nephew is 13-his parents have been taking him to colleges in the US for the past couple of years to visit the campus and to "see if he likes it."  I thought this was bad but apparently there are parents who buy apartments in these cities so their kids can stay there rather than in the dorms.  I was so shocked...then I thought may be only the firangi parents did that but no apparently it is becoming very common with Indian parents also...πŸ€”  When will the madness stop!!!!