Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
ok it looks like really upavas is going on.

I am enjoying my breakfast.

pongal and vada.
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
@svm dee you jept email alerts.
remove it.or else your inbox will be spammed by forums messages only
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishruhi

what all pujas are going on today?its onam here.sri and all r having varalakshmi pooja.what was that pooja shilpa mentioned?putti took leave for rakshabandhan alle???

Nouf
Tom is Raksha Bandan.. Aunt celebrates Varamahalakshmi festival today..
My chotu cousin bro asked me take him to watch Mission Impossible movie today.. So have booked tickets for 12:35 show.. Me n 2 cousin bros are going for movie today 😊 ...

Good morning bro n everyone..
Happy Onam n Varamahalakshmi for everyone..

Bro I have booked in Orion Mall PVR 😊Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
SAKIVIAM thumbnail
Originally posted by: putti77

Nouf
Tom is Raksha Bandan.. Aunt celebrates Varamahalakshmi festival today..
My chotu cousin bro asked me take him to watch Mission Impossible movie today.. So have booked tickets for 12:35 show.. Me n 2 cousin bros are going for movie today 😊 ...

Good morning bro n everyone..
Happy Onam n Varamahalakshmi for everyone..

Bro I have booked in Orion Mall PVR 😊

enjoy dee.
putti77 thumbnail
Nisha would be preparing for Pooja.. She will celebrate our evening na.
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
how will u desis overseas will manage to celebrate such festvals!!!u dont hav leav and above all,u hav to send ur kids to school too...this varalakshmi is celebrating more on morning alle??
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ishruhi

how will u desis overseas will manage to celebrate such festvals!!!u dont hav leav and above all,u hav to send ur kids to school too...this varalakshmi is celebrating more on morning alle??

You are right nouf, it's always a watered down version of festivals. All day work and then in the evening a little pooja etc in the home Mandir. No time to make special food etc too, unless the festival falls on a the weekend. We do get one day off for cultural holiday but you don't get the feel. During Diwali and vaisakhi, the Indian market is all decorated, but other holidays one doesn't even know about. Of course the local temples do celebrate. The funniest is Karva Chatha. It invariable rains and its damn cold so the priest generally tells the time of moonrise and women look at the pitch dark sky and do the rituals assuming that the moon is behind the clouds and break their fast. Since there are so many Indians here now, we have a few multicultural radio stations which even narrate the Karva chauth Katha for the benefit of women who are fasting. 
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Update eppo? Any news from Nisha? 
putti77 thumbnail
Originally posted by: taramira

Update eppo? Any news from Nisha?

Nisha is offline..
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

For every season  for every occasion we have special food and rituals

For strengthening bonds and tasting seasonal specialities festivals were the norm

Families gathered together or communities assembled

Rejoicing and spending quality time together

With families far flung with work pressures and commitments increasing

Festivals have lost the spirit and purpose and often gets reduced to mere rituals

The elders in the family are excited the most and begin to look forward to the gathering

They go to great lengths, stretch themselves  to any extent to see that the details are not missed

I see it both my Ammas and often wonder if I'd have the fervor and spirit with which they keep things going...

Back to the symphony that binds us...

A fixed routine was followed till the woman of the house vanished suddenly resentment and pain loomed large

Lasya and II the new entrants in the fold are reason for cheer and celebrations

Ranjan goes all out to make each of the girls and the dude feel special and loved despite his state...physical...emotional and the mounting pressures at work

Elders by the way they live their life teach us no management guru or degree can

Savour the fervor, the spirit, the affection...good wishes to all on Onam, Varalakshmi pooja, Rakshabandhan to Tam brahms Avani Avittam and Gayathri weekend

Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago