AJNA FF: SECOND CHANCES (PART 2 - PG 4, 21/08/15)

Posted: 8 years ago
Hi all,
I'm here again😃 This time with a FF😃I have started writing but please note that this is just me rambling😳😕😃 I had an idea but it didn't come out as I planned😕

CHAPTER ONE

A FAMILY THAT PRAYS TOGETHER, STAYS TOGETHER.

"Amar... Amar, wake up or you will be late to open the shop"

"Arrrggghhh, Vinti meri jaan, let me sleep" muttered Amar and burrowed under the blankets.

"Amar!!!!!!!!" huffed Vinti and pulled off his blankets. "Sometimes you behave just like Samar".

"Well, he is my son after all" smirked Amar.

"You..." started vinti but suddenly stopped midsentence as she heard sounds coming from downstairs.

"Wah! Elachiji, looking very beautiful this morning" said Trilok as he watched his wife get ready for the day ahead.

Elachi blushed and replied "Tum bhi na...romantic talks early in the morning".

"I can't help it, that I have such a beautiful wifeee...Lata Mangeshkar?" he said suddenly.

"LATA MANGESHKAR..." Parroted Elachiji, her eyes wide.

Trilok looked stunned and pointed down, "Lata Mangeshkar, downstairs..."

Avni and Mishri danced around their room silently, trying to get dressed without disturbing the sleeping Utpal and Ayush.

"Avni, keep quiet!!!" mumbled Ayush.

"Huhhh???? Muttered the two girls confused. "Ayush bhaiya, you must be dreaming, Avni didi has not said a word" replied Mishri.

"Whatever!!!" muttered Ayush, "I must be hallucinating then, because I cannot explain why I can hear singing this early in the morning" he hrrrmmmped.

The two girls looked at ayush and then peeped out their room doors and gasped...

The sudden sound woke the sleeping boys and they too went to see what had shocked their sisters.

**********************************************************************************

O paalanhaare, nirgun aur nyaare
Tumre bin hamra kaunon naahin
Humri uljhan suljhaao bhagwan
Tumhe humka ho sambhaale
Tumhe hamre rakhwaale

The pethewala family made their way towards the sound of music, cautiously. Their eyes drifting to each other questioningly. They came to a sudden halt in their prayer room, their eyes widened and their mouths opened in surprise...

This was Trilok's Lata Mangeshkar...

This was the sound that brought all the family members to the mandhir...

The smell of incence permeated the air, beautiful flowers adorned the Altar and garland the murthi's. The diya had been lit and the morning prayers were being offered...

This was not an unusual occurrence in the Pethewala home but what was unusual was the person offering obeisance at the family Mandhir.

As Sanjana sang the bhajan and circulated the prayer tray around the Altar, her heart and mind was filled with many different emotions and dilemmas. Anger, Trepidation, Hope and Love.

Her prayer came to an end and she turned with tray in hand and faced the unexpected.

The Pethewala's, one of the most famed family in Agra stood with their hands together and head bowed in prayer. The most wonderful virtue of this family was the fact that however unfavourable a person was to them, they would not halt a prayer midway, instead, they would join in.

As Sanjana took the arthi tray towards the eldest member of the family, Naniji, she was thrown into flashback...

TWO WEEKS AGO...

"Sanjana, sign the divorce papers..." Pleaded Ajay.

Sanjana looked at him with tears in her eyes. Her heart was breaking all over again. Her mind was in turmoil and her thoughts were scattered in all directions. She turned away from him and closed her eyes.

"Sanjana..." he whispered, his voice tortured, "Please..."

She did not see the tear escaping his now red eyes. All she could see in her mind was Ajay...

Ajay...saving her from her father and his goons as he signed the marriage certificate.

Ajay...standing with her as his family rebuked them for their marriage.

Ajay...being beaten by those goons and then lying in that hospital bed weak and defenceless.

Ajay...risking her father's wrath and doing the unthinkable just so she could be free from her father.

She hadn't realised when she fell in love with him, it just creeped up and took over her heart. Her every waking thought was Ajay and his family's happiness.

His family became her family...

His pain became her pain...

His dreams became her dreams...

All she wanted was to see him and his family happy. Her marriage to Ajay did not make anyone happy. All it did was build bridges in a once united family

The past few weeks were sheer torture, she had not spoken or seen Ajay.

She had gone to the shop to see him once, her eyes excited to catch a glimpse of him, her mouth ready with a smile for the banter she knew would occur. But instead she left with a gaping hole in her heart and tears in her eyes. She had overheard Mamaji and Ajay's conversation and she was shattered.

"Ajay, you are never to see that girl again. Am I clear? You are to have no dealings with her whatsoever?"

"But Mamaji..." started Ajay.

"No buts" said Mamaji, "If you ever go against this decision then you will be dead to us...".

After hearing that Sanjana was broken.

Staying away from Ajay was the hardest thing she had ever done. Her days were filled with monotony and sadness. She pretended to her father and sister everything was fine but in the dark of night her tears wet her cheeks and her pillow muffled her sobs.

"Sanjana..." Ajay tried to get her attention.

She bit her lip, wiped her tears and turned to him. Her decision had been made.

She could not burden Ajay with her love...

She could not separate him from his family knowing how much they mean to him...

There was only one option - sign the divorce papers and sever all ties to Ajay and the Pethewalas. She would learn to live with the pain of separation, after all she had her memories and a few pictures to keep her going.

Her lips quivered but she gave a ghost of a smile. She reached for the divorce papers and pen. Her hand shook and her fingers froze as she was about to sign...

Memories of their second marriage flashed before her eyes, the seven rounds and vows they took before the sacred fire and their families. She blinked back the tears and stifled a whimper and signed on the dotted line of the dreaded divorce paper.

It was done.

Who would have thought that a mere signature could bring two people together and that the same signature could tear the very same people apart.

Sanjana handed Ajay the papers and looked at him, trying to memorise his precious features into her memory knowing that this will probably be the last time she will ever see him.

"Sanjana..."

She stopped him from speaking with her fingers on his lips.

"I guess this is goodbye" she said. "Thank you Ajay for everything..." she began. "You helped me, you became my friend, you brought my dad and me together...Just thank you. I hope you find your happiness". Before Ajay could say anything she turned and raced for the waiting taxi, letting her tears fall as the taxi drove away...

ONE WEEK LATER...

COURT HOUSE...

It was a sombre affair...

The dissolution of a marriage...

The two families sitting in silence. Ajay and Sanjana looking everywhere else but at each other.

An awkward cough resonated through the room as the judge read through the papers.

"Are both parties consenting of this divorce?" he questioned.

Ajay and Sanjana mouthed a soft "Yes".

The judge looked up and continued, "I see here that you were married for a month. What is the reason for divorce? Affair, Abuse???"

The families shifted awkwardly on their seats. "Irreconcilable differences" answered the lawyer.

"Irreconcilable differences..." The judge hrrrmppphed. "You have been married for a month and already you have irreconcilable difference. What do you think? That marriage is child's play? He asked.

Ajay and Sanjana lowered their heads, unable to answer.

"You both may have irreconcilable differences however the court cannot accept this decree for divorce"

There was a muttering from the family present and Ajay and Sanjana looked up sharply at the judge. The judge held up his hands to quieten the crowd and to stop the lawyers from opening their mouth.

"As presiding judge in this case, I decree that divorce cannot be pursued. One month of marriage cannot determine the marriage as a failure. Differences will arise but it is the duty of both parties to compromise and also the elder's duty to guide the couple" he said, looking at the families sternly.

He went on to add "Sanjana will return to her in laws home and live with her husband for the next six months. After that period, then and only then shall we proceed with this divorce, in six months if you decide that you don't want a divorce and that you both are happy then I will wish you well. But if you decide that divorce is the way to go then I will accede to your wishes. My ruling is final and this court is now adjourned" he stated and banged his gravel to that effect.

The families made their way out, dazed at the outcome of the days proceeding. Most of the Pethewala's were disgruntled with the ruling, others silent and contemplative but the Agarwal's were beside themselves with joy that their daughter will have another chance at happiness.

Ajay was stricken, he had thought this was over and he could move on from this confusing feelings that he had. Sanjana was supposed to be far away from him, preparing for her new life with Ajju. Instead he is forced to live with her for the next six months.

Sanjana was numb, she did not know whether she should rejoice or be sad at the ruling made today. She had thought this was over but it seems that it had barely begun...

PRESENT DAY...

Each member took the arthi and the offerings, not acknowledging or accepting Sanjana in anyway, they carried on with their day's duties. The only person who acknowledged her presence was Ayush.

"Great singing Sanjana..." he praised, "I thought for a moment there I was going mad with hallucinations".

Sanjana smiled shyly as he too turned to walk away.

The only person left was Ajay. She turned to him, hoping that he would look at her, giving her some sort of encouragement but as usual he just avoided her and walked away.

Sanjana let out a breath and turned to the Altar. She put her hands together and said a little prayer of thanks. She may have not got acceptance from the family yet but neither did she get rejection.

"Please Bhagwan, let me win their hearts, let me win Ajay's heart. I will protect this family from every, and any obstacle. As long as I am here no harm shall come to anyone, and this family shall remain together, and happy."

A gust of wind blew through the open windows, jostling the bell which might have been the signal from god that he or she had answered Sanjana's prayers.

Another day...

Another week...

Another Month...

Another chance for the threads to be tied to the evergreen tulsi plant but this time, along with the plant the threads will be tied to the family's heart for eternity.

NB: THIS IS NOT PROOF READ, PLEASE IGNORE ANY MISTAKES.

Please advise if you want me to continue with this, If you don't then this will probably be an OS.

Comments, criticism and anything else would be welcome😃
Also note that I can be sometimes demanding writer
Edited by NAVI55 - 8 years ago

INDEX

CHAPTER 1 - ABOVE
CHAPTER 2 - PG 4 

Edited by NAVI55 - 8 years ago
Its awesome, I really really wish this to happen in the show. You writers please join Creative Team, u ppl are far better.. Please continue soon, Thanks a lot for writing it 
Excellent line!
Who would have thought that a mere signature could bring two people together and that the same signature could tear the very same people apart.

Edited by smileeee - 8 years ago
Yayyy i loveee the way you havee started!!
Hi, great work!

I loved reading this. Easily, the best piece of writing, so far on this forum. 

Loved the characterisation, plotline and the way you incorporated the whole family. 

Please keep writing and keep me posted too. 

:)
No criticism just praise. it was wonderfully written and I cant wait for the rest of this story.It would have been nice if they went this way in the show but atleast if they don't we can see how it turns out through your story. So update soon!!!👏👏👏😊😊
Well written👏.

Thanks for sharing...

Waiting for the next update👍🏼

Edited by mehak9 - 8 years ago
Thanx A ton for starting this FF...I actually loved reading this part.Please do continue soon And yes Ur story is much and more better dan what is being shown...
Wonderful Start😃 Oh... Please continue... Love this concept... I believe in second chances😃
The family scene was cute😳

"Please Bhagwan, let me win their hearts, let me win Ajay's heart. I will protect this family from every, and any obstacle. As long as I am here no harm shall come to anyone, and this family shall remain together, and happy."

I am waiting for Sanjana's prayer to be fulfilled 😊

Please update soon😊 Will be waiting
i love it!!!
please continue!!!!!
love the entire idea of court making them stay together and thank god at least ayush has some sense (btww missing ayush in the show! he's never there!) 
and best part! no shreya and bhushan in this part 😆
pls do continue