Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Dil Dhadakne Do girl Ridhima Sud in Reema Kagti's Mr Chaalu

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

ZOYA IS MY MOVIE MAMA'

By Sanyukta Iyer, Mumbai Mirror | Aug 20, 2015, 12.00 AM IST

Zoya is my movie mama'
Dil Dhadakne Do girl, Ridhima Sud comes on board Reema Kagti's Mr Chaalu, also featuring Fawad Khan; will be seen in John Abraham's wedding drama too.

Ridhima Sud remembers getting off a long and tiring flight, after an exhausting 20-hour schedule on a set, to make it in time for Zoya Akhtar's script-reading session of Dil Dhadakne Do. The actress was seen as Noori Sood in the film. 

Recalling her first interaction with her director, she says,"Zoya told me that she was my movie mama and she still is! She has always made herself accessible to me. I have a family in Bombay and it's Zoya's," she says, adding that she mumbled a thank you, battering her eyelashes in confusion when Javed Akhtar walked up to her at the DDD premiere, praising her mazedar performance. "He has worked with actresses across five generations and for him to say something nice about my work meant a lot to me," she says. 

The actress, who refuses to reveal her age, says that Bollywood's leading ladies can only ever be as old as they look. "I just auditioned for a role of the 16-year-old girl. So I'm as old as they think I am," she guffaws. The actress will next be seen as journalist Meera Sharma in Kajaria, a docu-feature by Madhurima Anand, which addresses several social issues, prominently, female foeticide. "I play a reporter who finds herself chasing a story she is not ready to handle. The movie will tour film festivals in Europe soon," she points out. 

Ridhima has also shot portions for Satra Ko Shaadi Hai, a John Abraham production, which also features the actor in the lead. "It's not a love story, but a full-fledged wedding melodrama," she says, adding that she plays Cookie Hirani, a bindaas Bombay kudi, who's been dragged to a particular wedding in Bhopal and mayhem follows. "I am paired opposite Harshvardhan Rane and I never knew he was such a big heartthrob down South. TV star Barun Sobti too is a part of the cast, and I never knew the amount of fan-following he had either. I thought these boys were nobodies," she insists, adding that her only A-list co-star so far has been Ranveer Singh, in DDD. 

Ridhima confirms that she has just finished reading the script for Reema Kagti's Mr Chaalu, also featuring Fawad Khan. "Yes! I am very excited about the film and have finished a reading for it," Ridhima told Mirror. The actress had moved to Italy at 17 and went to New York to study liberal arts and films, only to return, hoping to make it big in Bollywood. "You can never predict anything that's going to happen with a film until you're on the set, giving your shot," she smiles.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Zoya-is-my-movie-mama/articleshow/48547425.cms
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She has replaced Priyanka as female lead?😲  Or is she playing a supporting part?
Pizookie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Good! Not opposite Fawad I think.

SKSH.. I hope John releases it 😆
dhartiamber thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
PC is the heroine but who is hero its not confirmed.