Tum Hi Ho Bandhu Sakha Tumhi

AJNA OS: THE PROPOSAL (19/08/2015)

NAVI55 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello AJNA fans😳

I find myself reading all these fabulous stories and I too feel like writing one😳 But unfortunately I am busy with work...So I decided to borrow one of my previous writings on another favourite Jodi of mine😳

I changed a few things and decided to post...

It is a bit different from the serial...(Ok, its a whole lot different)😕 but hey, maybe it can also add to this forum activity😉😆

Here it is😳

The Proposal

Seduce my mind and you can have my body,

Find my soul and I'm yours forever... - Anonymous

The stars twinkled, the moon glowed and a heavenly perfume permeated the air. Sanjana Agarwal stared out at the night sky lost in memories that weddings evoked in her, a smile warming her face. She was only twenty six but had been married a total of thirteen times.

By the time she had turned ten, she had married several of her best friends, their siblings, three dogs, a cat and a teddy. She had served as the officiating priest, bridesmaid and a tearful mother of the bride. Although the marriages only lasted for an afternoon the memories lasted a lifetime. There was nothing better than playing dress up and weddings as a little girl.

She was a modern and free thinking young woman but the thought of marriage and a young dashing groom riding in like  a knight on a white stallion set her heart fluttering and her mind ablaze with the novelty and romance of the idea.

She wanted to be wooed...

She wanted to be wined and dined...

She wanted her toes to curl when they kissed...

She also wanted triple chocolate fudge...but that was a no go area, anymore chocolate and she would expand like a balloon.

Her thoughts shifted to her idea of her prince charming. He would be intelligent and witty. He would be able to charm the clothes off her with his smile and naughty eyes.

He would be tall, bronzed and muscled. Oh, how she loved muscles on a man...Tight abs, ripped pectorals, strong muscled arms and an extremely tight rear end, high, firm and hard to the touch. A crimson flush graced her face, warming her cheeks and neck.

A cough from somewhere nearby broke her out of her reverie. She looked around and watched the guests mingling, laughing, dancing and having a merry time.

She heaved a deep sigh and faced the milling crowd. All thoughts of her ideal man evaporating before the sight in front of her.

He stood there like a statue, more like a pillar in one of those tall buildings, unbending and ramrod stiff. He was so cold and proper, a smile never graced his face. His eyes so distant, never flinching but could burn a hole right through a person with his gaze.

He was Ajay Pethewala...

The apple of his Mama and Mami's eye and her father's new love...

Of all the men in the world why did her father insist on falling headlong in love with this man? Why does the universe always conspire against her? She thought with a grimace.

Sanjana has always been privileged in getting what she wants but this time her father was adamant on her marrying that seventeenth century statue, his mind could not be deterred. No amount of crying, begging or pleading helped. The threat of suicide went unheeded. The furious shopping spree on his credit card went ignored. Even Mummy could not change dad's mind, mind you in all the years that they have been married he has refused her nothing - this being the first, mummy now is unhappy as her record has been broken.

Two unhappy woman...

One extremely stubborn old man...

And the incredibly expensive wedding looming ahead...

No proposal...

No romance...

And not even a smile on his face...

"How can such a vivacious, striking, intelligent, witty and charming woman like me get so unlucky?" she muttered and took another deep breath.

**********************************************************************************

There she stood on the balcony, the wind blowing her locks around her face and the moonlight making her look like a glowing goddess. Not that she doesn't look like a goddess the other times but today she looks almost ethereal.

It takes me every bit of self-control that I possess not to go over there and kiss her senseless like I dream of doing. She makes me tongue tied - the only words I have ever uttered to her is "hello". Well I have spoken a few other words to her but unfortunately she was unconscious at the time. Before you think that I have powers of making people fall listlessly at my feet, (It has happened, mind you.) let me enlighten you on this particular episode.

It was another ordinary day like this when Agarwal uncle rushed into my office, out of breath and worried out of his mind. He kept ranting and raving, chanting Sanjana's name. It took me a full fifteen minutes to calm him down and get clued in on what was wrong. A word of advice, whenever you hear the name Sanjana, take cover - go and hibernate because what comes after that name is guaranteed to be problematic.

The first time I heard the name Sanjana, my favourite shirt got burnt...Avni was showing us pictures and pointing at Sanjana and I was busy oogling...strike that, I was looking at her and I left the iron on my shirt...

The second time, Mamiji cooked - and that's not good at all, Mamiji never cooks, she is a terrible cook that's why we have employed Chandu - to keep us all alive...

The third time I heard the name Sanjana, my cousin Bhushan's wife Shreya bhabi got hit by a bus - not a pretty sight that was...Thank god she's still alive...

Well you get the idea, the name Sanjana is dangerous - that name is the harbinger of doom and gloom.

To get back to the topic, that particular day my dear Sanjana decided to get herself kidnapped. Yes, you heard right - SHE DECIDED TO GET KIDNAPPED.

Sanjana is an investigative journalist working for Times India, she had an assignment to uncover on the underworld Don, Sunny Bhai who had kidnapped local actress Chandini Bhagwanani because he was in love with her, but unfortunately for him she escaped.  Sanjana had this hare brained idea that because she closely resembles Chandini she could "approach" sunny's den and then he could "kidnap" her and she could get her exclusive story. However Sunny bhai was out of the country that particular day (Thank god for him - He was saved from Sanjana unlike me...). Musibat Magnet Sanjana was all decked up like a movie star traipsing up and down outside Sunny bhai's club waiting to be "kidnapped" but alas like all her plans this one went up in smoke...She got herself kidnapped by Ajju who took her to be his runaway fiance...Stupid blind man, he forgot to wear his contacts that day.

Well to cut a long a story short, I had to save her. She claimed several times to know karate but when the time came to flex her muscles she hid behind me whilst I took the beating, like I was some kind of shield...Foolish woman. When it was over she had the audacity to collapse and faint as if she fought so hard instead of me, garnering sympathies from everyone.

But to be honest, she looked so angelic whilst unconscious. She was like a soft, sweet and almost human person otherwise normally she is a little hellion - an accident waiting to happen. I almost forgot myself in that moment as I gazed at her...Ok, to be honest I ogled her. Oh, God, did I just say that out loud?

It was in that moment that I felt a little fluttering in my heart (Damn, I hope that wasn't heartburn or I would feel like a fool right now), a hope that swelled in my chest that loneliness is not in my destiny.

I babbled (A first for me - I never babble) all the way to her house whilst she sat in my car listening intently to me. I remember telling her that she was beautiful and so full of life. I think I even recited wordsworth, brown and Shakespeare. I had bared my heart to her and she was so sweet and nice, never interrupting once like she always does. She smiled and nodded and for the first time I felt as if she was really listening to me. Well that thought was short lived because as I reached her house and went to assist her out the car I found her limp - she was in a drug induced stupor, thanks to that bloody Ajju. I had recited Shakespeare for nothing, I had been talking to myself - Incredibly foolish.

I came back to the present with a thud as the groom's brother banged my back a bit too enthusiastically. I watched her saunter into the room with an almost feline grace and wished that she would wrap herself around me like a soft little kitten (A guy could dream, can't he?).

Why is it that with her I behave like this? I am not that bad, aren't I?

Ok, I can be a bit protective, stubborn, old fashioned, autocratic, domineering, (Ok, Ajay...Stop now - your internal babbling is not helping right now). She walked towards me and stopped near, I swear I could smell her perfume - that intoxicating mixture of earthy woman and sensuous roses.

"Ajay. Enjoying the wedding?"

"Sanjana, it's a wedding, what is there to enjoy?"

"Just a wedding. You make it sound like you are attending a funeral Ajay. This is a celebration of two people deeply in love and committed to each other".

"Hmmm, Love. Love is for fools".

"Oh, really. Have you ever been in love Ajay?"

"Woh actually...woh..." (Oh common Ajay, this is the perfect time to tell her how you feel).

"Oh, never mind. A person like you wouldn't know love if it slapped you in the face..." She said with a huff and walked away.

"Well, if you had given me a chance to speak, you would have understood that I was trying to confess something" muttered Ajay under his breath. "Stupid woman - doesn't even give a chance to speak".

"Woh actually?" Sanjana huffed. "Stupid man - for our first anniversary I will by him a dictionary as a present, his vocabulary would improve then".

Sanjana suddenly froze, what did I just say? She thought. "Anniversary...Present" she recoiled in horror. I am so not marrying him she ranted to herself. Even if my tummy does do butterflies when I look at him (well that could be gas).

Yes, he is gorgeous and can make me drool. His eyes hypnotises me, I can stare at him for hours (well I have done that, awkward moment that was when he realised I was staring...I hope he did not see the drool on my cheeks) but that does not mean that I will marry him because he looks good she thought.

His ideas and thoughts are positively ancient, we would never suit at all.

I am bubbly, he is staid.

I am loud, he is silent.

I am quirky, he is...he is...he is...

He is hot...and not romantic at all.

After we get married I will have to work my Sanjana magic on him she thought to herself.

"Wait a moment, did I just say "after we get married" she muttered to herself. "Oh, God, what am I thinking, it must be this drink" she said, staring at the drink surreptitiously.

"Waiter!" she called imperiously. "What is in this drink?" she asked pointedly.

"Well mam, it's a...a...a fruit cocktail...fruity with a...a...a...a hint of cherry liquer" stammered out the flustered waiter.

Well it's not the drink, then it must be this wedding which is playing havoc in my mind. You know I would not mind getting married to that seventeenth century relic if only he could spew out other words apart from "Woh actually"...

If he smiled more (he has the most fascinating lips ever, perfect bow shaped, I would love to bite down on them)...

If he was spontaneous, he is such a boring person...All he ever does is work, work and more work...

If he proposed to me instead of going along with our parent's wishes...

Sanjana heaved a huge sigh and took a sip of her drink finally noticing that the woman around her are looking at her strangely. She looked around and met Avni and Mishri's laughing eyes.

"So, Sanjana...You think Ajay bhaiya is...HOT?" asked Mishri.

Sanjana spat the drink out reflexively. Oh dear God, did I just have an entire conversation with myself out loud she thought, her eyes huge in her face.

"Yes...You did" said Avni with apparent laughter in her voice.

Oh crap, I did it again thought Sanjana.

"That you did" said Mishri finally bursting out in laughter.

Sanjana closed her eyes and counted till ten with her hand over her mouth. She wished she could find a large potted palm to hide behind or a hole to sink herself into...

Ajay walked around the almost empty room trying to calm the anxious groom.

His brother Ayush paced.

Ajay had gotten used to the pattern. Ayush paced, sat on the couch, woke up in a hurry, paced some more and stared at his watch.

"You having second thoughts Ayush bhai?"

"What? No, of course not." He stared at his watch, tapped the face and asked "What time do you have because I think my watch stopped working..."

"It's the same time it was thirty seconds ago...7:32 pm and time for you to relax. Why are you in such a hurry buddy?"

"Me in a hurry? I guess I am...it's just that I don't know how all this happened" he said pointing to the room and his bridal attire. "One moment I was single and loving it and the next I was part of a couple and loving her...it's like I am a puzzle and she is the other half that completes me...She makes me who I am...A better person...Oh god, I'm rambling aren't I?" said Ayush sheepishly.

"No, you not" replied Ajay. Ayush's words had something spinning around inside him. "Time to go buddy...Your moments arrived" said Ajay walking along with his friend down the stairs into the marriage hall.

The wedding rituals finally over, the pictures being taken and the celebrations in full swing. Ajay stared at the great expanse of people dancing and talking loudly. His eyes searched and found the one he was looking for and stayed on her. He watched the fluid way she moved her body on the dance floor and sang along with the song. Her antics below making him smile.

This was the Sanjana he loved...

This was his Sanjana...

"Ajay Bhaiya?" said a sweet voice near his ear. He turned and faced his cousin Mishri, while she talked a mile a minute.

"Sanjana said what?" he retorted.

"Ajay Bhai, Shsssh" said Mishri looking around her. "I knew I shouldn't have said anything...Sanjana is going to kill me now?"

"Mishri, no one's going to kill you...Go join the family. I'll be there shortly" said Ajay as, he hurriedly made his way to the dance floor, leaving a very worried Mishri behind.

Ajay walked on to the crowed dance floor right next to Sanjana and her sister.

"How is it that woman dance together and they look good but when men do it they look stupid" questioned Ajay.

Sanjana's eyes looked up in surprise at the question. It widened even more when she saw who was standing there next to her.

"Ms Agarwal, we need to talk." Said Ajay pointing to the terrace.

Sanjana, confused with the now very talkative Ajay Pethewala tried to inch her way, away from Ajay because she had the sneaky suspicion that she did not look her very best at this precise moment. She was sweaty and her underarms probably smelt funny and he chose this particular moment to have a conversation.

"Ajay, now is not a good moment. We can talk tomorrow or later but right now I need to use the bathroom? She said and walked away.

As sanjana made her way towards the bathroom she did not notice that Ajay had followed her and was now enclosed in the tiny room with her.

"Ajay, what are you doing here? Have you lost your mind?" she questioned furiously.

"Yes, I have...and I need you to help me find it" he said silkily.

The close proximity was doing weird things to Sanjana, her heart began to flutter erratically and her mind began to ask all sort of questions.

"Ajay, what is this all about? What has gotten into you?"

"Sanjana, can you just listen for a moment...Just listen to me"

"I am listening" said Sanjana.

"This is about you and me...you get inside me" he said pointing to his head. "You make me feel things that I have never felt before...You make me do things that I have never done before..."he said pointing to the bathroom and the two of them locked in there.

"Ok...Aja..." started Sanjana.

"I am not finished yet".

"Oh, sorry" muttered Sanjana biting her bottom lip.

"I think we need to do it?" he said.

"Excuse me!" was Sanjana's reply.

"I said, we need to do it"

Sanjana's eyes widened and she repeated herself once more, "Excuse me?"

Ajay's body relaxed, he adored the way she said those two words and her facial expressions was just so comical.

"Relax Sanjana, get your mind out the gutter...I am not talking about s*x...I meant we should..." he pointed to the closed bathroom door.

"Ajay, I am afraid that as intelligent as I am, I cannot crack you complicated code".

"I think we should get married" he blurted.

"We should get marr...get what?" blurted Sanjana her eyes nearly bulging out her sockets.

"Oh God...Sanjana you know me...I am not going to suddenly drop down on my knees and recite poetry that some dead guy wrote a hundred years ago...That's just not me"

"Well...This is not how I imagined being proposed to" she said. "Especially in a bathroom of all places...I always thought that when this moment would happen, it would be different".

"It is different Sanjana...I am different...So, ok, there's no romantic poetry, candle light and flowers but damn it all we just had a free dinner and I am wearing a suit" he said.

Sanjana struggled not to laugh, at herself, at him and at the situation she found herself in.

"Ajay, marriage is all well and good...but how can I marry a man that does not believe in love and think love is for fools?"

"Sanjana, if you haven't noticed, I am standing in a woman's bathroom for god's sake and proposing marriage to you...If this doesn't reek of love then what will".

"Then tell me how you feel".

"What is it with woman and feelings...when we talk, you say keep quiet...when we are quiet, you want us to talk...can the species get any more complicated"

"Excuse me, are you here to insult me or to woo me?" asked Sanjana irritated.

"Ok, Ms Agarwal. You want to know how I feel, here it is...I LOVE YOU...I have loved you the very first moment I saw you...Ok, actually that was attraction...Make that the second time I saw you when you walked down the stairs of your home and you nearly fell because of your high heels...How do you woman wear those contraptions...death traps I tell you..."

"Ajay?" screeched Sanjana tapping her fingers on her cheek.

Ajay caught Sanjana's face in his palms and looked her straight in the eye. " I fell in love with you the very first time that you said You loved me...You melted a piece of my heart then and you continued melting it with your every appearance...Your every smile..."

"Wait a minute...I never said I loved you...When did I say I love you?"

"Three months, two weeks three days, seven hours, twenty four minutes and twenty seconds ago..."

"Huh?" was Sanjana's confused Reply.

"Remember the kidnapping fiasco with you and Ajju..." she nodded her head. "Well as I was carrying you to your bedroom you kept saying "I love you Ajay" and "Never leave me Ajay".

Sanjana looked at him and said "You took the ramblings of a drug induced me at face value?"

"Not really...I took the fact that you think I am hot and the fact that you want to bite on my lips as a sign that you actually like me" said a smirking Ajay.

Sanjan was shocked speechless for a moment and then she screeched "That Avni and Mishri...I am going to kill them...Actually strike that...After we married I am going to torture them" said Sanjana.

"So, does this mean that we are getting married?"

"Yes, Ajay...We are going to do it...I don't know why but this moment is perfect...This proposal is perfect...absolutely perfect..."

Sanjan threw her arms around him and hugged him tight, kissing him on the cheek.

"I haven't got a ring here but I promise I will get you one first thing tomorrow".

"You had better do that" said Sanjana threateningly.

"Sanjana, I owe you a dance..."

"That you do Ajay...I really want to dance with you..."

"Let's get back to the party then" he whispered near her lips.

The stereo played a song and the newly engaged couple danced their way out on to the terrace oblivious to the other guest present.

Ishq ki dhooni roz jalaaye
Uthta dhuaan toh kaise chhupaaye
Ho akhiyaan kare jee hazoori
Maange hai teri manzoori
Kajra siyaahi, din rang jaaye
Teri kastoori rain jagaaye
Man mast magan, man mast magan
Bas tera naam dohraaye
Tera naam dohraaye

Chaahe bhi toh bhool na paaye
Bas tera naam dohraaye
Tera naam dohraaye

Jogiya jog lagake
Makhra rog lagaa ke
Ishq ki dhooni roz jalaaye
Uthta dhuaan toh kaise chhupaaye
Bas tera naam dohraaye
Bas tera naam dohraaye

Chaahe bhi toh bhool na paaye
Bas tera naam dohraaye
Tera naam.. bas tera naam dohraaye

They swayed and swirled, dipped and curled lost in the rapture of the moment and in each other's arms.

"I love you Ajay..."

"I love you Sanjana..."

And there amidst the moonlight with the breeze ruffling their clothes their mouths met in the sweetest and most explosive kiss. Their breaths mingled, tongues tangled and lips clung. Fireworks erupted and the earth trembled. And eager parents gave a sigh of relief at their offspring's apparent fascination with each other, all they could hear now was the patter of little feet.

Please leave a review or comments, it will all be appreciated😳 All fruit and vegetables welcome...I feel like having salad for lunch😆 And shoes, Please throw only size 6...All other sizes will be useless for me😆

Edited by NAVI55 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess_Ru thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
very nice bravo yaar write more between we girls r confusing nd we should always be like dat
Ajay_Sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely :) thank you for sharing wid us.
NAVI55 thumbnail
mehak9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks dear... We hav got one more writer here... 👏

Waiting for ur next update 😉
smileeee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its nice.. Enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing it with us.. well described!
Few lines very funny but its awesome.

"Why does the universe always conspire against her? "

" The furious shopping spree on his credit card went ignored. Even Mummy could not change dad's mind, mind you in all the years that they have been married he has refused her nothing - this being the first, mummy now is unhappy as her record has been broken.
Two unhappy woman...
One extremely stubborn old man..."
Edited by smileeee - 8 years ago
DesiiiiGirllll thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Bathroom proposal could'nt get cuter❤️
TianaWrites thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 5
This is a beautiful OS😃 Very beautiful writing😃

Loved it😊The Fiesty Sanjana was superb😉 and Ajay too😉 And the Bathroom Proposal😳

"Remember the kidnapping fiasco with you and Ajju..." she nodded her head. "Well as I was carrying you to your bedroom you kept saying "I love you Ajay" and "Never leave me Ajay"

This was cute😳

I am bubbly, he is staid.

I am loud, he is silent.

I am quirky, he is...he is...he is...

He is hot...and not romantic at all.

Opposites Attract😆😉

"I haven't got a ring here but I promise I will get you one first thing tomorrow".

"You had better do that" said Sanjana threateningly.

Such a lovely couple😃

Please write something again soon... Will love to see more of your writing😃

...Shakti... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
unres
OMGGG i loooved it!!!! like absolutely loved it!!! it was such a great read!!! literally made my day

It was in that moment that I felt a little fluttering in my heart (Damn, I hope that wasn't heartburn or I would feel like a fool right now), a hope that swelled in my chest that loneliness is not in my destiny.

😆😆 this was the best line for me i could not stop laughing
you have to keep writing more!!! 
you know how you tell me to write more
now i'm gonna bug you to write more 😆
please keep writing! it was sooo much fun to read!
Edited by ...Shakti... - 8 years ago
NAVI55 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Messi2

very nice bravo yaar write more between we girls r confusing nd we should always be like dat

😳😳
Thank you, I 'm so glad you liked it😃
Will try to write more...