Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Katrina Kaif plays a Parsi girl for the first time in Phantom

Posted: 8 years ago

Aug 12 2015 : The Times of India (Mumbai)
Katrina Kaif plays a Parsi girl for the first time in Phantom
Priya Gupta
Phantom is an action thriller set against the backdrop of 2611. Katrina being one of the most stylish and beautiful actresses we have, we wondered what made Kabir Khan cast her in such a tough, non-glamourous environment.Talking to Kabir, we found our answer. Kabir started as a documentary filmmaker in many confront zones (be it Afghanistan, Bosnia, Israel and such), during which time he interacted with a lot of aid workers and journalists.He saw that intelligence agencies tend to recruit people from such aid agencies as one, they tend to get visas easier and two, they usually get access to areas which many a time others don't get access to. So he decided to model her character in Phantom based on these aid workers. Her character is London based who has spent time all over the world. He wanted a certain international feel to her character and therefore, based on her physicality and persona, she fit the role perfectly. Interestingly , she is playing a Parsi Indian girl. She is part of an international aid network and gets recruited in the mission to avenge Mumbai and bring retribution for 2611.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail
hope she is zillion times better in the film coz she was bad in trailer
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Thats nice...most women in India are Hindu women brought up in India itself who have never travelled outside the country. Has she ever played such a character?
Originally posted by: .Hajmola.

Thats nice...most women in India are Hindu women brought up in India itself who have never travelled outside the country. Has she ever played such a character?

I guess in rajneethi but india ia diverse nation we have all type of people here, nri punjabis ,gujjus bought up in uk , parsi english speaking, to dubai returned keralits. Even I would like to see her a dedi loook, my hopes were high post rajneethi but all got quashed. Lets wait rajneethi 2 is comming.
moniluvskinshuk thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
Interesting . have loads of expectations from Kabir . And I am sure he won't disappoint us . 
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
its still london based!!! so she will always have that flavour 
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
She plays one expression women in all her movies,be it Parsi or NRI or Punjabi.
Originally posted by: DB_reloaded

its still london based!!! so she will always have that flavour 

+1
 that's always there ðŸ˜†.
Edited by RogerFedrer - 8 years ago
NimbuMirchi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

You read London based and you know no need to read further. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†
raj80 thumbnail