Posted: 8 years ago
Absolutely mesmerizing.
Haven't been to Golden Temple yet. You give us tour of places as if we are there and you are our guide.

Prayer part again is so so True.

Could so relate to II's childhood prayer. Best friend being in your division. One of my prayers.

Forgetting career. Its said that you end up asking what you truly want. Or what God wants you to ask.

Superb. Can cherish this again and again.
a change she noticed?? her life has transformed from her to them? ranjan dude and her as "me" and amma appa baldie etc as "family"
if u get what i mean
its awesome how ranjan is a part of her Me too👏
I could see gurudwara while reading the update...
Got emotional and felt the lump in throat..

My parents visited in February and they liked so much... Now I have to visit..

Priorities changed 😊

Ranjan is the sweetest Father-in-Law..  A big businessman in a crisis, yet he replies to his DIL immediately.. Not many would do that, no matter how much they love their DIL.. Bhalla men are ❤️

I've never been to a Gurdwara.. but with google images + your description, felt like I was in one just minutes ago..  

The whole pic with Savvy and the lil R&B, Sam & Manny was so touching..What a beautiful picture!! 
Priorities are changing for II.. and she is slowly realizing that.. 
Originally posted by swathi1990

Lovely description of a gurudwara Nish...
Actually I went to a gurudwara for the first time only after coming to the US...the tranquility is something which pulls u there...not to mention the amazing mouth watery food...

after that I try to go to gurudwara atleast once in a month...

Swathi

If I werent an Iyer I would have gladly been a Sikh😳 I ABSOLUTELY ADORE the people. I credit my love to being raised in Delhi, amongst them. I havent been to Har Mandar Sahib, I have been to Bangla Sahib Gurudwara in Connaught PLace 100s of times.

Its an experience like no other. Young old, rich poor gather together to "SERVE" the Lord

Us Iyers can learn a MILLION things from Sikhs and their ways of worship

You will NEVER find TTK Iyengar or Mani Shankar Iyer or cant recall any other famous Iyers taking people's shoes outside a temple in Chennai, OR cooking langar or serving food or prashad, or cleaning up

Sikhism is a great equalizer. Our faith only reminds us how we are surrounded by wealthy decked Mamis and Mamas😡 that cant quit yapping about their son or daughter working in Google😡

SPECIAL MOMENTS
- loved the YOU AND I signal by dude.
- loved how dad gives her that attention..im sure her msg would have made it all better for him too
- loved how its easy for her to talk to dad
- BEEJI'S HOUSE?? is it coming up?
- loved how she thinks of MA and immideately looks at him like a little baby.

he needs a combination of a kid and a mother..she is one 😳

What wishes were granted and what werent... she knew now
a brililinat line depecting her trust in god and things will get better👏
what has to happen will...what desnt need to happen wont..at the end everything will be perfect.

have a great day
What a beautiful update Nisha. 😊

It is as good as the visit I made to Harmandir Sahib a couple of years ago. I made it a point to go both at night and in the morning. The sight at night was so so beautiful. Serene. Clean.

One of the few temples where there is actually silence and you can hear your own thoughts. I loved the place. And yes to the service minds of the Sikhs.

In such a serene place, you show us II's transition from a trippy young girl to a woman, a wife and a mother. Slowly, beautifully like butter melting on hot paranthas and soaking into needy pores. Lovely. II is adorable.
one more thing
Nisha - i had mentioned how beautiful the line about the tear drop falling on the bedsheet and drying up was and how i appreciate your writing which sort of goes like "a sentence that says something..on the surface its just water..if understand the depth its pearls hidden in shells.."

not sure u saw it

today's update was one more such simple things with a great depth scenario
the entire update was a resonance of beautiful emotions i fail to describe
👏😳

ok byeee
She had asked for her best friend to be in her section, she had asked for "pretty uniforms like Springdales" "She had asked for a trip to Mumbai"
She had asked for Appa allowing her to cut her hair. She had asked for permission to refuse nose piercing
She had asked for Periappa to come watch her sing at school annual day
She had asked for CPA Inter success, CPA final success, Appa's permission to go to IIM
Prayers to be able to get into IIM
Prayers for being allowed to go to Atlanta for MS
Prayers for Appa to agree for Subbu's alliance

Aren't we ask god few of these things like II?

So So REALl!!!Edited by putti77 - 8 years ago
"Jao puttarji.. ik mere waaste vi arzi daal aayin"
Loved this line nisha..a father asking his daughter to go and pray for his behalf and hope that it comes true...

Totally loved the chapter...I first went to golden temple when I was in 10th and haven't seen somemthing more peaceful...I m the least religious person but I can go to gurudwara anytime...recently went to bangla sahib in Delhi and listening to their shabad...it's a different feeling altogether