Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 8 years ago
Swathi...I always buy those malli poos whenever we visit some temples in Chennai...great strong smell ( I almost get headache)...nowadays they use a type of green threadto string  that makes the flowers green too, almost dyed green...but only thing is they turn brown very soon...bahut jaldi murjaate hai...
Whenever the flower lady gives jasmine, our living room and puja room smell so good...
Edited by shidin0117 - 8 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
You know the other thing that's so lovely about this tale is the ease with which Nisha has made  the two main protagonists so accepting  of each others culture. This rarely happens. Everyone in india has so many preconceived notions about religion, food, culture, traditions blah blah blah. And while these differences exist to some extent in the secondary characters, tans parents, the women at the temple, the extended family etc etc, making the tale really REAL  the fact that II and RbB do this with such ease is indeed commendable. Apart from it being a love story, the more I read, the more I fall in love with the various traditions, ceremonies described, the rituals, the food...love story to hai hi, saath mein tolerance aur integration bhi ho raha hai...
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Nisha for the appreciation, feeling good that I can make u smile...

Vani......I can see u have liked a post...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Thanks nisha 
Glad u like the reviews ๐Ÿ˜Š
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shidin0117

Swathi...I always buy those malli poos whenever we visit some temples in Chennai...great strong smell ( I almost get headache)...nowadays they use a type of green threadto string that makes the flowers green too, almost dyed green...but only thing is they turn brown very soon...bahut jaldi murjaate hai...

Whenever the flower lady gives jasmine, our living room and puja room smell so good...

Actually iam not a fan of jasmine flowers in chennai...i actually dont like it if u are able to see the thread...it shud be strung that closely...and wen we get the flowers in the eve it shud be buds...it will bloom as we keep it in our hair next day and will stay till the eve...

I still remember those rettai pinnal days with a double strand malli poo in the right one...and the fashion during my boards was to plait the hair and leave the double strands in the front on either side of the shoulder...
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: swathi1990

Nish

U just took me to the past with the jasmine flowers...

Having lived in madurai for my entire schooling i would with pride boast that i would never keep any other flower other than malli poo...and have strictly fllowed it till date...

That too the malli poo that u get close to temple...naare theriyama thick ah kattirupa...it will be soo thick and heavy wen u wear it...

Nostalgia time for me as well...my house was referred to as the one with the malli pandhal...i had hio length hair and Moggu jadai from our gar5den common in season...i could not wear to school so Jaadhi and Gundu malli veni's were part of college life and until i decided to trim it till my nape last year...
Though nithya malli grew in abundance the love for Madurai Malli...the way they would count the flowers and sell...I am going to take a mid morning walk in the malli garden of school now...:)
Edited by moonwearer - 8 years ago
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Sadly I am allergic to flower scent..
So I don't wear any flower in my hair..wthin 5 minutes will get headache n nousea ๐Ÿ˜ก
Only in family functions when I wear saree mom will force flowers on me..

My cousin sisters n aunts make fun of me saying, will get a husband who brings everyday jasmine flower for me ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
sarsyed thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hayeee maar dala nisha tumne...mujhse aaj pura din koi kaam na hoga pucca...am dreaming .๐Ÿ˜‰
Kya sosylicious update tha๐Ÿ˜ณ

Dude in amritsar and I see him getting lucky too๐Ÿ˜‰
SparkleV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Exclusive Treat for Shilpa๐Ÿ˜†

Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: SparkleV

Exclusive Treat for Shilpa๐Ÿ˜†

SO CUTE...