Fan Fictions

SS 42 - Page 111

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
If II had gotten Bally's job not everything would have "miraculously" fallen into place. She would have had to deal with Bally at a much higher level, the dynamics of which she has no clue about.

A  higher level role comes with its own set of unique challenges, II may have been unprepared for many, and may have done great with many demands

Its just a perspective, since she didnt get it she can carry the angst and assign it as a cause for everything that ails her professional life as it is today

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SparkleV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Kalam had option to work for NASA or ISRO... he opted for ISRO...
a man.. took birth in india.. studied in india (he never went abroad for studying).. worked for india.. and died in india.
People are demanding that we want APJ on Indian currency notes instead of gandhi... quite impossible!
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I want to share a small conversation I shared with a cousin brother yesterday.
He's an architect working in Bangalore. Has a firm of his own with a few friends and works crazy long hours. Recently his wedding was arranged because he's too busy with work (I personally feel he isn't the kinda guy who could approach a girl easily). Thankfully the girl shares his profession and I'm happy that they'll know how to adjust.

Since I'm doing masters I've been attending conferences and I'll b going for one in a few weeks when he's supposed to b in my city. He commented that it seems like I'm going to be in academics the same way my mom and brother are. Apparently it's a 'safe' option so that I don't have to deal with the real world. 
I was so offended. I actually enjoy academics and it comes easier to me than most things. Just because ppl drive themselves to the grill and boast about not having much time for a private life others should follow suit? If I wish for a job that leaves me more time to myself without slogging like a donkey I'm running away from reality? What about the work I can do after my regular job with certain other institutions or just focus on my personal growth? 
Sometimes ppl can be so full of themselves that they dunno how offensive they can be.
kalavathi5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Lovely update Nisha...
I truly feel that II who was totally invested her job, her career, the software etc. is beginning to realize her new place thanks to Ms. Ritu.  

I agree-just because you work late doesn't mean you are working efficiently.  II will have to tell R&B that Ritu rejected her leave!!!  And he already knows that she has been relegated to coding etc...  How long before he again encourages her to find an alternate position?  

Also, Ritu need not pass snarky comments about Excelisor and Ranjan's strike situation--particularly not to II, who is the daughter in law of the owner.  It sounds like Ritu is not very politic...1. in giving II coding work thereby wasting her talents 2. shooting her mouth about Ranjan

Nisha0604 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SparkleV

Kalam had option to work for NASA or ISRO... he opted for ISRO...
a man.. took birth in india.. studied in india (he never went abroad for studying).. worked for india.. and died in india.
People are demanding that we want APJ on Indian currency notes instead of gandhi... quite impossible!

For all those that "wear their religion" on their sleeve, this is a great lesson. He is the most respected Muslim, undoubtedly, but never associated himself with anything good or bad about his religion

Hindus and Muslims should pause and take note of that.
his religion had nothing to do with what he went on to achieve

Politicians in India and around the world that push a religious agenda should borrow a page from his life

dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thank you Nams and Nisha for the appreciation😳
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: dristi64

Since I'm doing masters I've been attending conferences and I'll b going for one in a few weeks when he's supposed to b in my city. He commented that it seems like I'm going to be in academics the same way my mom and brother are. Apparently it's a 'safe' option so that I don't have to deal with the real world. 

Please tell your cousin to get out of his delusion about academics. I have many friends into academics and it is certainly not as easy as it appears. It is a different kind of rat race, particularly in India. Students are the first step to the real world. And it takes a lot of, sometimes frustrating, effort to shape their minds.

Nisha0604 thumbnail

He's an architect working in Bangalore. Has a firm of his own with a few friends and works crazy long hours. Recently his wedding was arranged because he's too busy with work (I personally feel he isn't the kinda guy who could approach a girl easily). Thankfully the girl shares his profession and I'm happy that they'll know how to adjust.

I was so offended. I actually enjoy academics and it comes easier to me than most things. Just because ppl drive themselves to the grill and boast about not having much time for a private life others should follow suit? If I wish for a job that leaves me more time to myself without slogging like a donkey I'm running away from reality? What about the work I can do after my regular job with certain other institutions or just focus on my personal growth? 
Sometimes ppl can be so full of themselves that they dunno how offensive they can be.

I am sorry to burst your cousin's bubble but academia is as political if not more than corporate world. I dont teach or work in a University but have heard there is terrible politics with respect to tenure, and research and grants and having corporations endow money for research.
The positions of Deans and Vice Chancellors are as political as a CEO's. Its all about allocation of funds, student enrollment, infrastructure upgrades, getting new buildings, accreditation

A corporate job is way easier

Atleast you wont lose your job if u wont publish every 2 years in some fancy journal or if you dont get the research grant from Pfizer or Johnson & Johnson for your Pharma department

NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

i am sorry to say this but I feel really sorry for the architect brother of yours 
If a person doesn't understand the value of the effort that others put in and thinks of others efforts as midgets in front of his gaint career he is of no worth as a professional in my mind 

A person who really cares for the efforts he puts and for the time he gives to his job at the cost of being a donkey must be able to value the efforts that others put too

I have no clue where this outlook about others life being simpler comes from 
Like I said everybody is in thier own well trying to find their own way out 

Such ppl are the reason why a student who studies is called a nerd and a person who puts true efforts is called a show off

Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago
SparkleV thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">For all those that "wear their religion" on their sleeve, this is a great lesson. He is the most respected Muslim, undoubtedly, but never associated himself with anything good or bad about his religion

Hindus and Muslims should pause and take note of that.
his religion had nothing to do with what he went on to achieve

Politicians in India and around the world that push a religious agenda should borrow a page from his life
</font>

Exactly!
Even kalam once said that cowards hides behind religion!

One column writer compared yakub n kalam that how 2 muslims died and opposite reaction was given to them...she was trying to explain that how work done by an individual can make him famous in a positive or negative way..but it backfired on her
that was criticized a lot... like how u can compare a terrorist and such leader just because they belong to one religion!

He was a great great great Man..
one reporter asked him why u are unmarried?
he replied 'understanding Rocket science is easier than understanding marraige' 😆Edited by SparkleV - 8 years ago