Fan Fictions

SS 42 - Page 108

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Also, no matter how many times we convince OURSELVES "Oh! its OK if we dont get rewarded at work, I KNOW how smart IAM. I don't need reinforcements at my workplace. My family knows, my mailman knows, my neighbor knows, my dry cleaner knows how good I am, the parking lot attendant watches me drive off at midnight every night and is very impressed"

U know what?
Bottomline, When it does NOT come from the powers that be, its very demotivating

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NSB7 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Namratha

We often tell ourselves "BAS WOH JOB MIL JAAYE. The BEST commute, I will be home early, take care of my kids. I dont have to deal with the train wreck of a boss in this job. It pays more, and the benefits are better. MY LIFE IS GOING TO BE OH SO PERFECT"

And then, we find its not what it was projected to be, might be it was partly our over enthusiasm, or our extreme disillusionment with the current role

Just when we think "Life will be perfect in everyway" Life demands TREMENDOUS sacrifices from us

agreed 
And I also seem to understand the pain II feels
I call it pain cos I have usually come across conversations where I am told loving a job and wanting for it to be interesting challenging and making it the center of life your life is stupid and worthless because at some point every job hets monotonous and the duty instead of being a major part if your life u start living like the rest of the day when u are not at work is all the life u have 

Somehow I could never come to terms with that 
But now I see the point 

II is living in the LITTLE POCKETS of her life that's the before and after work hours 

Either she accepts that her life and glory of living must be restricted to thoae few pockets or she must pick herself up and throw herself at a better direction in life where her entire day is worth living and the job is worth working 

Nobody will push u ahead if u don't ask for it
Expecting somebody else to notice that u need to be promoted is kind of a joke these days cos each and every person lives in his own world of drama with himself as the lead performer 

Ask for it II or go get something better 
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hello! So the sand is literally slipping from II's hands. First the software, then Bally's job, then Bally and now Mr B and his brownies. II's possessiveness about her job is slowly being taken to the cleaners. And her focus on her family is taking centre stage.

Nisha. This update so so so relates to my current disposition. I agree that when your effort is not appreciated or re-inforced, it is very demotivating. Mere words don't do sometimes. We are like what Pavlov says: we need that reward at the end of the stimulus.
NSB7 thumbnail

Also, no matter how many times we convince OURSELVES "Oh! its OK if we dont get rewarded at work, I KNOW how smart IAM. I don't need reinforcements at my workplace. My family knows, my mailman knows, my neighbor knows, my dry cleaner knows how good I am, the parking lot attendant watches me drive off at midnight every night and is very impressed"

U know what?
Bottomline, When it does NOT come from the powers that be, its very demotivating

agreed 
My mind thinks of the situation where saint ramadasu sings for rama...asking of he doesn't live him enough to make an appearance because no king's appreciation no enemy's acceptance or family love could ever make him satisfied

He calls out to rama to show him his worth 
If really the God wouldn't appear he thinks its better end his life and reach the God himself 

That's how religious and emotional some ppl are about their jobs and I appreciate it 
Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago
EnVee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: docs

I think II needs change of jobs.. There seems to be no career growth happening.. More like she is being pushed down the ladder. I dunno much abt the corporate setting but it feels like that to me. Anyway tc n have a great weekend all of u 

Nisha thank u for an update even when u have been so tired. Thanks a lot 

You won't believe how this sounds! I was thinking of change and such just this morning. Nisha writes an update that rings my thoughts. And you state something like change! Perhaps it is time to change.

dsgirl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">Also, no matter how many times we convince OURSELVES "Oh! its OK if we dont get rewarded at work, I KNOW how smart IAM. I don't need reinforcements at my workplace. My family knows, my mailman knows, my neighbor knows, my dry cleaner knows how good I am, the parking lot attendant watches me drive off at midnight every night and is very impressed"

U know what?
Bottomline, When it does NOT come from the powers that be, its very demotivating</font>

I so agree nisha..I've been in my job for 2 yrs...ppl told me to shift and change because if various reasons and I couldn't agree...one of the reasons being the comfort zone I have in my firm...I've got used to the environment that I don't feel the need to change but I've lately realized that yes you need to get out of that comfort zone when you know that nothing worthwhile is happening in there...but I guess it's easier said than done...u can always think of shifting when u feel that it's high time...don't know if that stage has come for Ii
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Namratha

TRUE

We cannot love 100% of what we do for 10 or 20 years of the same job. Unless we choose to change jobs every 3 or so years, there is a definite monotony that creeps in. The prospect of "growth" or "higher pay" may be a good incentive to stay back even though we can do our jobs in our sleep by that point

Working for large organizations is very good and very bad at the same time. Very good because the risk is spread between 50,000 or 100k people, the benefits are great, the vacation is best in the industry, the pay is competitive etc... but try getting a PROMOTION or a LATERAL MOVE
They are so bloated and bureaucratic😡

A small company, u will be recognized sooner, u will have the excitement of doing a variety of roles from Mktg to HR to Finance if u show enough interest, but the pay probably sucks, but they will entrust you with amazing responsibilities if u can display the skill set

For someone that "Worshiped" her career like II this is truly sad

samsi74 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Excellently put forward namratha. Absolutely correct. If you don't fight for what you want, nobody will.👏
NSB7 thumbnail

Namratha

TRUE

We cannot love 100% of what we do for 10 or 20 years of the same job. Unless we choose to change jobs every 3 or so years, there is a definite monotony that creeps in. The prospect of "growth" or "higher pay" may be a good incentive to stay back even though we can do our jobs in our sleep by that point

Working for large organizations is very good and very bad at the same time. Very good because the risk is spread between 50,000 or 100k people, the benefits are great, the vacation is best in the industry, the pay is competitive etc... but try getting a PROMOTION or a LATERAL MOVE
They are so bloated and bureaucratic😡

A small company, u will be recognized sooner, u will have the excitement of doing a variety of roles from Mktg to HR to Finance if u show enough interest, but the pay probably sucks, but they will entrust you with amazing responsibilities if u can display the skill set

For someone that "Worshiped" her career like II this is truly sad

i am not even sure how I am able to get the feel of every single word you have written here 
Has hardly been an year since I'm working but all these situations have already been brought to light 
Looks like the world is moving much faster today 

U can actually count me in the ramadasu context i mentioned earlier 
Worshiping the job and not being rewarded inturn 
Falling into the well of self doubt 
Unable to find a ripe to pull myself put out
Talking to the ppl outside the well 
Asking them tips to save myself not realising they are in the well adjacent to mine figuring out their own way to come out 

That's how life has been and will be for the longest time I guess

It's very tough to think I will stop loving my career someday 

Like II it would be a surprise to me if u Dint wake up one morning praying for a challenging day at work or with an enthusiasm to do something new at work

Or if I say I want to quit my job and stay at home

But someday that speed breaker is going to make me press the breaks 

The question is 
When it happens to II will she trun the vehicle off or accelerate again!
Edited by NSB7 - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Envee,

Ofcourse its easier said than done. U will hear all sorts of advice and platitudes  "grass is always greener on the other side"  "Do u really want to give up the 10 minute commute?"  "So u think that job will be perfect in ever which way?"

You should just GO WITH YOUR GUT
We live in the most volatile employment market known to mankind. There are no guarantees. There are no "entitlements" for employees.
We can fool ourselves but there are none.

Begin looking, it will be a good 6 months to a year before they will offer you a job hat pays 5-7% over your existing one

Only raman bhalla of YHM fame goes from CEO to Director to CEO and what not. And doesnt go to work one goddamn day, is too busy sobbing on his Mom's lap... or sucking up to ex wife

(sorry this was the last show I watched so will quote it)

Golden parachutes are for CEOs that outsource a million jobs to third world countries

You and I should be lucky if we land a 5% raise

I am on the look out for a year now
So I know what it all means